“Alright”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Atoka
Atoka
“Alright”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The breakfast was definitely good, and the rooms were nice and huge.

Some problems though: Bathroom shower/tub was stained and dirty looking. Bed sheets had stains. TV stations looked static-y and the remote didn't work at all, so I had to change the channel by hand. The Internet was just awful, it was very slow and it cut off at random times. I was online at different times of the day, it didn't matter if I was using it at peak hour or when everyone else was asleep, it was slow and sucked.

All in all it wasn't a terrible hotel, I've definitely stayed in worse, but it does have room for improvement. I slept in a non-smoking room and have seen as well as heard from other people that the smoking rooms a disgusting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Anon S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was headed north of Memphis and needed a place to stay in an area with mostly small towns. The reviews of this property made me decide that this was a great place -- the reviews were right. It is a quiet location, beautifully maintained, friendly staff, and great breakfast buffet. Don't expect a lot of nightlife or shopping in Atoka, but it is a wonderful place to spend the night. Kudos on the scrambled eggs on the buffet which tasted freshly made. One warning, though, is that small towns do not always have reliable internet service. I was not able to log on during multiple attempts from 4:30pm to 6:30am, so no contact with my office (tried both wifi and wired, and front desk tried to reset it). I did find one issue a bit disturbing. My top-floor room had experienced a minor roof leak which had apparently shorted out the smoke detector. It did not have a battery in it (battery door was open). I don't think the room should have been rented without a working smoke detector. Both the smoke detector and internet problems were written up on the comment card, but no response from the owner a week later. But the property is great, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TullahomaTraveler
MI
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for my nephews graduation party. Spent 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. Nicely maintained and a decent breakfast. The furnishings were modern and the bedding was comfortable. There are few other options in this area so we were very happy to have had such a pleasant experience. Will stay her again when my niece graduates next year.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank eclecticco
nashville, tn
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is a great hotel. Located a few miles north of Memphis and from now on, our place to stay when we are in town. Out of the traffic and crime very much worth the drive. Very clean and comfortable beds. Cassie was great on our late arrival check in. I had a pair of suit pants fall off the hanger on our way out of the hotel. Noticed it the next night when we were in MS. Called and Sylvia went above and beyond the call of duty to locate them. I picked them up the next night on our way back through. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort Meade, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Atoka, TN for two nights in February, 2012. The motel is only 2 years old, so the newness of it was refreshing. The room was spacious with a large closet enclosed by a real wood door. The bath could have used a ventilation fan as the mirrors were fogged after showering.
If you enjoy a nice breakfast during your motel stay, this IS NOT the place for you. Gravy, a few biscuits, cereal and some scrambled eggs. I asked about sausage or bacon and the desk clerk/cleaning lady/cook told me "sausage gravy serves as a breakfast meat". Well, not in MY book, it doesn't.
Other than that, it's a nice, new place that's pet-friendly.

Room Tip: Close to the front. Back lot doesn't look too secure.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve47834
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed here for four nights and it was a pleasure. Rooms are clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful. This is a good hotel in tis small town.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Superevangelist
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2010

This was probably the best stay I've ever had at a typical chain hotel. The place was immaculate. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, even over the Christmas holidays when I know they'd rather not be working! There is the standard hot breakfast every morning. They have waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereals, bagels & muffins, etc etc. Some bacon would have been nice but it was still good for being free! If you don't feel like eating their breakfast, there's a Burger King that shares the same parking lot as well as a McDonalds across the street. The closest stores are a Walgreens & a Kroger, both are 1/4 mile away. The only gripe I have is that the hotel is situated on a busy highway and the road noise is very prominent from the rooms facing the road. We asked if we could move to a room across the hall at the back of the hotel. We were told those were all king rooms and we needed a room with two queens. Luckily for us, we brought a sound machine that is always on when our children sleep so it was able to drown out a lot of the noise - but you could definitely still hear it. Overall, a very very good stay and I will be a repeat customer whenever I go to visit family in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atoka
Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington
Admiralty Suites and Inn
Admiralty Suites and Inn
#5 of 8 in Millington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!