“Worked out well for us to take a break before we reached Knoxville”
Review of Days Inn Athens

Days Inn Athens
Days Inn Athens
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Athens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I planned on staying at the Holiday Inn or the hampton but neither would allow me to park a semi in their lot ( both appeared to have room,so a big thumbs down to these two places from a diamond member..) anyway the days Inn has truck parking , clean,fresh paint,good water pressure ,A/C run on high and room never got very cool bed was semi hard and not comfortable...I checked in early afternoon gentleman was very freindly and helpful, checked out at midnight had a little difficulty communicating with foreign gentleman we had issue over me checking in in afternoon and out at midnight he thought I had been there 2 days but I had only been there 10 hours..finally got everything ironed out..for the price it was average to good ( around $60.00)...I would probably stay again but hope I get a better bed..

Room Tip: check matress for comfort before taking room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Not only were some of the people sketchy but my purse was sto
En out of my car. The management did nothing to help at all. The air conditioner ran all night and never really got cold. The fridge didn't work all that well either. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Athens hotels

Phenix City
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We got to the hotel, they had mexicans painting outside, it looked terrible and rundown. Couldnt leave your car worried if they would break in, the lobby area was just inside the door, the bfast area was smaller that a half bathroom. went to look at a room it looked dirty, the paint was coming off, it didnt look clean at all. The mgr on duty was very rude and was a foreigner. Could have cared less if we stayed there or not. We ended up staying at the hampton inn in Cleveland TN on exit 28. Well worth our money. Theprie they charged at the days inn was a rip off

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

On 6/20/11, I checked into this hotel and was given room 202. When I prepared to go to sleep and pulled back the sheets on one of the beds, I immediately saw several bedbugs. I pulled the sheets back on the other bed, and saw bedbugs in it, as well.
I immediately moved my things outside, and then went straight to the office to report the situation and insist on another room. The staff person was nice enough, but somewhat skeptical. I advised that I work in the multifamily housing industry and have a very high awareness about bedbugs, i.e. there was no mistake about what I saw in the beds in this room. Their appearance also made clear that they had recently had a blood meal, so some other guest had not discovered them as soon as I did.

At that point, he offered to move me to another room. I reluctantly agreed, and took another room at the opposite end of the property, but only after thoroughly inspecting the bedding. Fortunately, there were none that I could detect, and I had no bites the next morning. That said, I can hardly say that I had a good night's sleep. The experience, moreover, has made it highly unlikely that I will stay in one of these properties in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank interceptor1986
Georgetown, Maryland
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed there on the way home from Mexico from a six month mission trip, and spent nearly a week there. I have given them rave reviews on several sites, and with Trip Rewards, whom I've been a longtime satisfied member, and now I'll share what I like about it with you.

The breakfast is more than you can eat, literally. The rooms are quiet, well equipped and squeaky clean. There is internet, a refrigerator, a microwave, and huge, comfortable beds, which were carefully selected for patron comfort by the owners of the hotel. I had no problems with anything while I was there. There was a terrible thunderstorm with hail the day before I left, and I felt totally safe in my room. There are many great restaurants nearby, and shopping outlets.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

I'll try to post photos at a later date...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank PhantasticPhotog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 7 in Sweetwater
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sweetwater

Been to Days Inn Athens? Share your experiences!