“Trip Back from Ohio”

Days Inn Athens
Days Inn Athens
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We got to the hotel, they had mexicans painting outside, it looked terrible and rundown. Couldnt leave your car worried if they would break in, the lobby area was just inside the door, the bfast area was smaller that a half bathroom. went to look at a room it looked dirty, the paint was coming off, it didnt look clean at all. The mgr on duty was very rude and was a foreigner. Could have cared less if we stayed there or not. We ended up staying at the hampton inn in Cleveland TN on exit 28. Well worth our money. Theprie they charged at the days inn was a rip off

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2011

On 6/20/11, I checked into this hotel and was given room 202. When I prepared to go to sleep and pulled back the sheets on one of the beds, I immediately saw several bedbugs. I pulled the sheets back on the other bed, and saw bedbugs in it, as well.
I immediately moved my things outside, and then went straight to the office to report the situation and insist on another room. The staff person was nice enough, but somewhat skeptical. I advised that I work in the multifamily housing industry and have a very high awareness about bedbugs, i.e. there was no mistake about what I saw in the beds in this room. Their appearance also made clear that they had recently had a blood meal, so some other guest had not discovered them as soon as I did.

At that point, he offered to move me to another room. I reluctantly agreed, and took another room at the opposite end of the property, but only after thoroughly inspecting the bedding. Fortunately, there were none that I could detect, and I had no bites the next morning. That said, I can hardly say that I had a good night's sleep. The experience, moreover, has made it highly unlikely that I will stay in one of these properties in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank interceptor1986
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed there on the way home from Mexico from a six month mission trip, and spent nearly a week there. I have given them rave reviews on several sites, and with Trip Rewards, whom I've been a longtime satisfied member, and now I'll share what I like about it with you.

The breakfast is more than you can eat, literally. The rooms are quiet, well equipped and squeaky clean. There is internet, a refrigerator, a microwave, and huge, comfortable beds, which were carefully selected for patron comfort by the owners of the hotel. I had no problems with anything while I was there. There was a terrible thunderstorm with hail the day before I left, and I felt totally safe in my room. There are many great restaurants nearby, and shopping outlets.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

I'll try to post photos at a later date...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank PhantasticPhotog
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Stayed overnight for a dog show in town. No problems! Room was reasonably clean. If noise bothers you, ask for a room on the backside to avoid street and traffic noise. We will probably be back in the fall for another dog show. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Good value for the price, paid 54.00 on a Friday night and 48.00 on a Saturday night. Good location off of the highway. All sorts of fast food and dine in places. Wallmart about one half mile West of hotel. Also had a free breakfast which consits of muffins, hot and cold ceral, make your own waffles, juice & more.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My husband and I drove to Athens Tn. to buy a tractor to use on our small farm in Gainesville, Ga. The trip was to much for one day, so we stayed over night at the Athens Days Inn. The people were all very friendly but we were disappointed in the room. It had a slight odor. The chairs had stains on them. The furniture looked like someone had pieced it together from older furniture to make it into what was needed for the room. The blanket on the bed had a stain on it. The ice pail looked like a dog had chewed on it. We were very careful to keep our ice in the plastic bag. One of the chairs looked like a dog chewed on it also, but this didn't worry me as much as the ice pail. We didn't hear any noise from the other rooms, but the heater in the room was very noisy and noise from the street was awful. We didn't think to ask for a room in the back. I guess we were both so tried we didn't think of it at check in. If we are ever stay in this area again we will try another motel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 20, 2008

The Days Inn Athens is okay for a night's stay. It is conveniently located off I-75. The hotel is older, with exterior corridors. It looks older and shows it's age, but the hotel is in ok shape. Everything was in fully working condition, and the room and bed is adequate and sufficiently lighted. Breakfast was typical continental breakfast including make-your-own waffles. Overall, the room was fine, nothing special, but sufficient for a night's stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple