“Great budget motel!!”
Review of Motel 6 Athens

Motel 6 Athens
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is a great place to stay when on a long trip. Was a bit worried when I found out it was only 39.99 for the night but was very surprised at how nice and clean the room was. You cannot beat the value. The bed was more comfortable than hotels that cost 4 times as much that I have been in. If you need to stay in Athens, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010
3  Thank Gryphoncub

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We were totally surprised at this hotel as the price was lowest around,so we thought we'd take a chance since it was a one night stay. The rooms were newly renovated and everything was spotless. The beds weren't of the fancy style but slept very well. Attendant was very nice. Will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank c-130jfe
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Not to be the bearer of bad news but like the title says, "you get what you pay for." I/we travel extensively and occasionally sacrifice service for savings. It was a deal I must admit, roughly $35 a night, not bad considered prices of other major chains are typically 65 to over 100 for a more superior stay. Well, I made the mistake thinking it couldn't be that bad. Wrong. Very simplistic room (that's okay, just there to sleep), no coffee maker (Burger King in proximity), no fridge (purchased a small cooler), no breakfast (hey, $35 bucks), dingy lots of dirt near baseboards/old stained carpet..are you getting my point?! Just 1 roach, which they were here in this world before us and obviously will be here long after we're all gone. The "female escort" which look, I've been to more countries than I've had birthdays, (I'm 32) I'm pretty sure I can recognize one, well she didn't even bother me (who am I to judge?!). The icing to top the cake is that my little I-pod nanno disappeared there. Sure I could have been lost due to my own negligence..but..I'm about 85% sure it was lifted. Sigh…if your single and looking for a cheap stay…BINGO..if you’re a family man and should know better (myself) there are plenty of hotels that are worth the additional $30 for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank napulitanno
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Indeed, when I entered the building, I felt it would be a pleasant experience. The manager was so kind with the service. "Hospitality" shines for this location. The price was very affordable for the quality of service - cleanliness, hospitality, and the morning coffee. We'll be making this location our go to place for all our conferences!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank sha2011
Reviewed September 12, 2009

stopped and stayed here on my way down to orlando. it was quiet and i slept good considering it was just off I-75. i plan to stay again on next trip on I-75.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank donjuanMichigan
Reviewed January 18, 2008

Stopped there on way back from Tampa to Michigan. Clean rooms in a good area. Not too expensive and friendly staff. Will stay there again

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank misnowbunny
Reviewed August 3, 2006

What a wonderful time we had at the Motel 6. I was scared, because it was only 36.00 / night but the manager is doing a great job of keeping the hotel clean and welcoming. My kids and I had quite a good laugh at the size of the pool. The deep end is only 5 feet deep but it was clean and refreshing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would be interested. What a great deal at such a great price.

Stayed: July 2006