“Not what a campground should be.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arlington
Memphis East Campground
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Not what a campground should be.”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I come from an area where they take pride in there campgrounds. My family and I stayed here for seven days just because it was close to family. I do not think the bathrooms were cleaned in those seven days or any time recently before we got there. Thank goodness most of our time there was for sleeping. It was a cheap place to park your camper with hook ups. The staff wasn't very friendly and they will charge you extra to use the pool since it is for the people that live in the mobile home park that you will be camping in the middle of. There is also alot of traffic coming in and out so there was alot of early morning noise. If you stay here make sure they know to keep your power hook up on. Had problems with the power staying on. GOOD LUCK

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank pepsi610

Solo
chicago
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stayed here in march 2010 and i found it to be pleasant. Yes when you pull in there are mobile homes and the campground is in the middle of the community. But its a really nice mobile home park not like others. They keep it nice and clean and quite. The sites are really nice they are gravel and they have 30amp or 50amp available. I would definitly reccomend to anyone that is looking for a nice qiute campground thats not to far from the city. Its only 20 miles from downtown. I will be going back this summer with my friends.

Its not a KOA anymore but they still except the KOA card among others for discount. but not passport which is ok.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wilbert2004
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2003

Ok...about 7 of my friends and I were planning on going to Memphis East KOA to spend a night away from the city. We had planned on getting 2 of the "4-person" log cabins and just relaxing for a night. The offices required us to be there by 6pm the day of to pay for the rooms. As we found the site, we pulled in and thought we were in the wrong place, simply because it was a TRAILOR PARK. The sign said office straight ahead, so we drove past about 10 trailors and saw their "campgrounds" located right in the middle of the trailor park, and by middle I mean there are trailors leading up to, circled around, and behind the grounds. The "lake" was more like a really dirty pond, and the log cabins...well, there was about 40 sq. ft. of room, with two small beds pushed together on one side, and a bunk ned on the other side. There was NO room around the cabins, whatsoever, and the "barbeque pit" was a small grill on a stand, such as those that you would find in parks. I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone!!!

28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Memphis East Campground? Share your experiences!