“Worn but Clean - good for a night!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
Bowling Green KY
“Worn but Clean - good for a night!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Like many of the country inns, we have stayed at recently - this one is also showing it's age. However it was clean! The front desk was average not rude but not friendly nor were they much help. We are in Nashville quite often so we didn't need help about the area. The breakfast was the average nothing to complain or to rave on. We had a great rate for two nights but it is out of the way unless you are doing an airport run then it is a perfet ride on interstate 24 to 255 and the back end of the airport! Getting to the hotel is tricky and there is NOTHING around the hotel - the mall is closed - several of the map programs on the internet place it up one block and across the street from where it is. This is a really depressed area!

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel, safer and no trains to interrupt your sleep!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Manyconfereces,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. We use guest feedback to allow us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Nashville South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Columbia City IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked through Hotels.com and when we got there the staff member told me that my credit card had been refused (although Hotels.com had already taken my credit card). I tried to show her my printed info and she continued to be very rude. I finally had to call Hotels. com and they then called the hotel and finally got things straightened out. But, the hotel charged me a higher rate than I had booked through Hotels.com. I contacted Country Inn and Suites directly, and they didn't really even apologize for the rudeness of the staff or the change in rates. I have never had a problem booking through Hotels. com before. I doubt I will stay here again, even though it is on my way to Florida each year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Debbie W,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us about your encounter with our staff. Staff rudeness is never acceptable. We are currently investigating this situation. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We take guest feedback very seriously. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Drove to Nashville for a one day business meeting. Perfect place to stay. Close to the highway and only about 10-12 miles from downtown Nashville. Clean hotel and rooms. Nice looking pool though I didn't use it. Hot breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate. It's probably quieter than facing the inter...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear TriTomTN,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate your business trip. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Nashville. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here overnight during a cross country road trip. The rate was great for seniors at $68 plus taxes.
We were very pleased with the hot breakfast and selection of items. One employee even came around and took the dirty dishes (like a server would). She was checking on replenishing the food, cleaning off tables - a very dedicated worker.
The king bed was very comfortable and we got a restful, quiet night's sleep there.
They had some lights out outside that we reported and when we got home we received a nice email thanking us for bringing it to their attention. Good customer service here at this location. Comfortable. Would recommend this location.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from elevator or ice machine. It was very quiet where we stayed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear beachbound2east,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you with our senior rate. We strive to make every one of our guests happy. Thank you so much for this review. We will pass all of your comments on to the staff. They will really appreciate hearing they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ok...I was nervous staying here, I booked a room for a whole week for my husband school/clinicals trip. Hotels in Nashville were outrageous for 7 nights $1200-1500 for the week, due to a TSU reunion and some kind of festival going on. I booked this at the great price of $559 with taxes for the whole week. According to some of these reviews the Health Department had shut the pool, etc down. We didn't get in the pool, but went to look and it was in working order and the hottub looked fine. Weight room was acceptable. The room was extremely spacious. Had a separate Bedroom with a king bed. Bathroom was small, but living area plenty big. Microwave and Frig were a plus, especially for my husband who was here all week. My daughter and I flew in and joined him mid week and was not disappointed. In fact, was surprised due to some of the bad reviews.It is off the highway and watch out for the road BEFORE you get on the highway or you'll miss it. As far as noise, you can hear the highway and a very FAR AWAY disstant train, but we live in Dallas and this noise is normal for us. Our AC which was great and very cold the way we like it drowned it all out. Yes, while this Country Inn and Suites is older and in need of updating, it's still fine. Breakfast was great. Lots of choices for us and my 18 month old. Cookies in the evening were a plus. Bed was comfy.While I can be a diva at times, this place IS FINE. it's not a Hilton, but Hey for the price, it was exceptional!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ELAmommy
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear ELAmommy,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We hope you enjoyed Nashville. We invite you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you so much for your time.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Me and my family stopped here on our way down to Florida as so many others have. Just stayed one night. We chose Country Inn and Suites because they really do have the most for their continental breakfasts. The hotel was clean with the exception of the carpet going up to the second floor from the lobby. It is stained from foot traffic very badly but was not dirty like they never cleaned it. It is definitely worn and needs to be replaced. Aside from that though this really was a clean hotel inside and out.
When I booked online I asked for a quiet room with quick access to my vehicle since we were leaving first thing in the morning and that is exactly what I got. There is a train that goes by the rear of the hotel as some other reviewers have stated but it only went by 2x. The air conditioning unit did cover most of that noise and since I live by train tracks at home it wasn't that big of a deal to us.
Room was clean and had no weird smells. hallway did not smell musty as some other reviewers had mentioned so they must have fixed that problem.
Really the only downsides were that there was no express checkout (seems they have a problem with people not returning the room keys), the eggs at breakfast were kind of strange (over hard, flat and bland tasting), the smuckers syrup tasted like antiseptic and the pillows definitely were awful as some other reviewers have said. They are fluffy but then you lay your head on them and sink like a bowling ball. VERY uncomfortable and kept me up most of the night :( which didn't help since I had to help with the driving down to Florida the next day.
Staff was very nice, checked us in and out very quickly and were always available. Did not need room service or cleaning staff so I can't vouch for them. The rest of breakfast was fabulous and plentiful and always saves me time and money since I don't have to stop on the way for food until well after noon.
Note to travelers, the entrance is a bit hard to find. There is a small sign to the driveway and you cannot see the hotel when you exit the freeway. It is nestled between the north and southbound freeways.
Note to hotel: if there are more than 2 people on the reservation you might want to ask them if they need more shampoo/conditioner/towels. We had 5 and only had one each of those small bottles and had to reuse towels. Didn't think about it until we were in the shower already and it was so late we didn't want to bother the staff. Also, the extra bedroom door sticks and was a bit loud in the middle of the night when we had to use the bathroom.
We are staying in this same hotel on the way back so I will post a review for that stay as well.

Room Tip: stayed in room #334 which is to the back of the hotel and probably a bit quieter than those in the f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear SCZAR,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your very detailed review of the hotel. We will pass your comments on to the staff. Thank you for your concerns about the hotel. We are sorry for any inconvenience that any of these concerns caused you. We always appreciate guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

In travels from Iowa to Florida, Antioch (Nashville), Tennessee is always our first day stopping point. I fins this hotel to have frendly staff, and clean rooms. They go out of their way to make my stay a pleasure even to the point of upgrading my room so that there are three beds for my family.
I do have to say that it is old enough tht it needs a major refresh but as long as the room is clean and the amenities - towels, soap, etc - are available and in good order this place is hard to beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelBoy8491
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear TravelBoy8491,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with. We appreciate all of your comments about our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. Thank you for your time. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Nashville South
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nashville Southeast - Antioch
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Smyrna
Ramada La Vergne
Ramada La Vergne
#1 of 3 in La Vergne

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!