New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites

Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Antioch
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great price but a bit rundown...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Positive: Bathrooms clean and updated. Awesome breakfast staff and friendly front desk team.

Negative: hallway carpets are circa 70's and run down entry hall and driveway looked like out of a ghost movie (pictures on Expedia must have been from new build era!). It was packed anyway.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our clean, comfortable hotel. I’m glad you found us to be a good value. I’m sorry if any aspects failed to meet your requirements. We’re always working to change and improve this hotel and promise to be better than ever before when you visit us again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Don't be fooled this is a piece of junk hotel with some of the rudest staff around. They claim luxury but they are no where close. We arrived at our room to find it dirty, smelly, and no where near like it was described. The rooms were dimly lit. The breakfast was awful with no selection. Just save your money and sleep in your car lol

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Joshua S
Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry that we failed to satisfy you. We successfully serve hundreds every month who appreciate the combination of value and service we provide. I apologize for any ways we fell short of your expectations. I hope you can try us again very soon and see how we satisfy so many others.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Antioch hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our room looked more like the professional photos than the reviewers photos. Perhaps they remodeled? Anyway, at first glance it was nice, but there were issues (mainly cleanliness). I won't go into that because I felt it was a minor concern & numerous people have already discussed the cleanliness problem.

When we presented the problem to the man at the office he practically started shouting at us. It felt as though he saw us as "women should only speak if spoken to" & would constantly interrupt us. Anything we said he treated as invalid. I tend to be incredibly polite but when I tried to explain our concerns to him he nearly told me to shut up.This was so different than the way the girls who rented us the room acted. He would feign professionalism while stating we could leave if we want, (& with a smirk would say we would be charged for the room anyway (including the night we had not stayed yet).

Now like I said, I tend to be very polite & easy going & may not have said a word about this ... until I saw their replies to customer concerns here. DON'T think that is how they treat you in the office if you have a concern! Perhaps the girls would, but the man who runs the place is very abrupt & (I felt) rather insulting. It was as if we were being attacked (verbally) for mentioning the room was dirty. My best advice is ladies ... I wouldn't stay here alone. Have your husband go to the office when you have a problem because they wont tolerate hearing it from you!

Last thing. I see in their replies how the state they "satisfy hundreds of guests each week" ... as if to say our concerns are somehow less valid? However from what I see in reviews they seem to disappoint customers more than satisfy. Had they been professional & treated us as if our concerns were valid this could have been a whole different review. When you work in the hospitality industry customer service counts!

I would give the room 3 stars (could have been 4 if it were clean), but customer service was about 1 star at best for the way we were treated. So to be fair I gave it 2 stars over all. So had they cleaned the room & treated us professionally you can see they COULD have had a much better rating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jennifer T
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do indeed satisfy hundreds of customers each month and are sorry that we could not please you in this case. You don’t stay many specific concerns in your comments except the customer service issue you perceived. We take pride in our staff and sincerely apologize if you didn’t find the level of service you expected. We sincerely hope you find a more pleasant experience when you visit us again. Our goal is always 100 percent satisfaction.

AMI, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Thought it was a bit pricey, especially since the didn't have a pool. Free wifi (took a while to get on) & HBO. Good for a late arrival & over night stay. Several decent restaurants & fast food places close by & only 10 miles from Nashville.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently stayed at Antioch Quarters Inn over the Memorial Day weekend and let me say it will be the only time I would stay there!!! When checking in with intentions of staying for a week, I was told that weekly guests are not allowed to partake of the continental breakfast! Really, a bowl of cereal or a bagel is going to break you??? Granted, I got a budget rate of $350 for the week, but still. I was also told there was a mandatory cleaning of the room twice during the week I'd be there.

When I entered the room it smelled really musty, but I hoped the air conditioning would help if I turned it on. The room looked fairly nice, the furniture looked newer & the bathroom had been recently renovated. My problem was discovered upon turning down my quilt & blanket. There was blood splatter on my sheets, I don't mean stains that were remaining after laundering, there was chunks of blood!! What about that mandatory cleaning? How about clean the room before a new guest arrives?! I called the front desk & demanded new sheets right away (I'd been traveling all day & was dead tired & wanted to go to bed, so I really was pretty short with the man that answered). He asked what I meant by right away & I told him now, tonight, I will not wait until morning!! He said there were several people waiting & he'd get there as soon as he could. Once he brought me a new flat sheet & I took the quilt off only then did I see the other side of the bed was all rumpled up as if someone had been sleeping there!! I seriously doubt this room was touched between the last guest & myself. I turned my flat sheet into a cocoon & pulled the blanket over top that, but the quilt certainly wasn't being pulled up.

The next day when my daughter brought me back to the hotel, she wanted to stop at the desk & see about getting clean sheets. The man/owner at the desk was very nasty & jumped down our throats & even told me that I'd pissed him off last night when I called down for sheets "now". There had been a misunderstanding, because apparently the room had been cleaned while I was away & we hadn't gone to the room when we returned but rather right to the office. So he thought we were complaining again that the room wasn't clean still. They had come in & cleaned everything during the day so I did go back & thank him.

This hotel is right at the freeway, convenient but it is incredibly noisy there. Many sirens every night & loud neighbors; Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sharon S
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this troubling feedback. We have many guests who stay with us for a single night and many who stay for longer terms. We satisfy hundreds of guests each week, and are truly shocked that you were so displeased. We don’t completely understand the source of your bad feelings about our property, but we sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here for a one night. Price was $70 with tax. Right off the interstate, so it was convenient. Be prepared for highway noise. It was certainly nothing fancy, but it was clean and had a decent bathroom. The bed was very old. There was a small coffee maker for one cup, but it was absolutely horrible tasting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank greenart5
thequartersinn, Webmaster at Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, both positive and negative, and for recognizing the convenience and value of our property. I appreciate you pointing out how clean the property is too. That’s very important to us. I’m sorry to hear that you experienced highway noise during your stay and that the bedding wasn’t to your liking. I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short of your complete satisfaction.

Hotel Manager.
Loxahatchee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Checked a few other places before we just decided to call it quits because it was late and we were tired. The rooms were very clean and you can see it was recently renovated. Very nice tile work in the bathroom and though the TV was not a flat panel, it was a 32" tube. Beds were comfortable and the room has a good size. Breakfast was the typical high carb muffins, bagels, cereal and pastries you find in your lower price hotels. There were Days Inn/Super 8's and similar hotels going for $10 less a night at the time we stayed but I can assure you that the likelihood of the room being as nice as the ones on this property were very unlikely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Justmy2centavos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
Comfort Inn & Suites
Somatel Nashville Airport
Somatel Nashville Airport
#115 of 156 in Nashville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Smyrna TN - Nashville

Been to Antioch Quarters Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!