“Great Stay”

Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This courtyard has a phenomenal outside courtyard for smoking cigars. I enjoyed early coffee and cigar both mornings. The maintenance staff helped me wash bugs off my car with cleaner at the car wash area that had a hose and towels. I had a minor issue and the head engineer said he would talk to GM. There was complimentary coffee all am. This property had updated lobby and bistro which had very ice servers. The housekeepers were great. They gave me extra soaps and shampoos so I have to hand out to homeless people.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Richard P

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Clean room and friendly cleaning staff, especially Millie.

However, they did not recognize their gold and platinum members guaranteed benefit of complementary breakfast. Will not be returning because of this.

Room Tip: Gold and Platinum members look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank nate w
tlunsford, Director of Sales at Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I appreciate your feedback on your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. I was very glad to hear that the room you stayed in was very clean and the cleaning staff was very friendly. I was also especially glad Millie, whom is one of our long time employees, took very good care of you. We understand the importance of a friendly staff and great service. However, I was disappointed to hear that we did not recognize that you as a gold or platinum member. Although breakfast is not complimentary as it is with the full service Marriott Hotels we would love to treat you and your family to an amazing breakfast in our all new Bistro on your next visit to our area. We value our gold and platinum members and would love the opportunity to apologize in person. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can make our future guests stay as perfect as we can. Please contact me if you will be in Knoxville area soon and again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A little over two years old, the Courtyard is tucked away off of the busy Alcoa Hwy, which means it is quieter than those closer to the highway itself - and the closest (other than the Hilton which on the airport property). Very nice accommodations and super friendly staff... however, there are two caveats, one of which is understandable and the other not so much. When I arrive in TYS, it is usually late (even when they are on time) - usually around 11:30 or so at night - the shuttle runs until 11 pm which is OK since it a very short cab ride. I understand their logic and the economies involved so no real issue here. What I don't understand is how a supposedly smart architect could design a nice overall building and then put the HVAC units on top of the roof - we're talking multi-ton units that cool/heat the main lobby, etc. (rooms have individual units). The problem arises for those whose rooms are literally under the HVAC units - sounds like a freight train most of the night. So if you decide to stay there, which I very much recommend, avoid the top floor (third floor) - especially rooms in the middle portion of the third floor - usually even numbered rooms starting with 310 and running through 328 or so. To their credit, the staff is very accommodating and found another room on a different floor far from the noise... Otherwise, you have found a real gem.

Room Tip: See above comments - avoid the third floor altogether unless you are able to sleep through a lot of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a great choice if you need to stay by the airport. The Hilton and Courtyard are the two I always use. I have tried just about every hotel in the area with the exception of the Hampton Inn. The Courtyard has a shuttle to the airport. There are restaurants in walking distance. The hotel has a bar as well. The rooms are great. Very clean and well appointed. I did not notice any plane noise even though it is across the highway from the airport. I have stayed here several times and I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (facing away from the airport) to minimize noise.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

A long week of business meetings in the area concluded here at the courtyard near the TYS airport. The hotel shuttle driver was at the airport immediately after my call and was friendly and helpful. My room was perfectly clean and temperature perfect. i came down to print boarding passes and was having some trouble, so the front desk took care of it for me and brought my boarding pass to me in the lounge area. Kathy and Jeremy were very friendly and kind; i was buried in paperwork still and they came out to refresh my beverage- wonderful!! thank you!!! I will stay here again the next time my travels bring me to the knoxville area!

Room Tip: airport is literally across the street, so save money with a rental by dropping it off the night pri...
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Enjoyed the week stay while on business trip. Great rooms and friendly staff. Meetings were on site in the spacious conference rooms....All meals are available with great food and service... Thanks Hollie for all the help!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Travelling in the area, spent a night at this hotel, at a very affordable rate. Very comfortable room, clean bathroom, fresh smelling sheets on the comfortable bed. Quiet night (no noise from exterior). Met all my expectations except for coffee and hot chocolate I have come to expect at Marriotts. The bar is open till late and serves food and Starbucks coffee (not my favourite). Good idea for travellers who need food late at night. Staff were excellent and could not be faulted. Breakfast option available was not to my taste so went out for breakfast. Location is next to an airport that you do not hear in hotel. Off a main road, that makes it convenient for passing traffic.

Room Tip: I would recommend 2nd floor as it is less likely to be disturbed. Not that we noticed any noisy fell...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family