“Good motel, bad lighting”

Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Getting to the motel was very confusing in the daylight and worse at night. There are no signs on the four lane road to tell you when to turn. The motel sits a good ways off the highway and it is difficult to see, keep your eye on the road and traffic, and not get run over by the local traffic (they know where they are going).

The lighting over the mirror in the bath room is very poor. When shaving you can't see if you missed a spot or two.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Jesse P, Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for letting us know what you thought of our hotel. By expressing your observations and opinions, you are allowing us to be better prepared for our guests' needs in the future. Please let us know the next time you are in this area so that we can do our very best to assure you have a problem free stay!

Jesse Pavlak
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel was great! From the time we stepped foot on the grounds till the time we left it was outstanding. The hotel itself looks very clean and very well kept up. The desk staff was amazing when I checked in. They were very helpful....some of the best service I have ever received. The rooms were very clean. The houskeeping staff had a smile on their face every time I passed them in the hallways. The breakfast in the Bistro was great and the Starbucks was a wonderful added treat! I loved this hotel and will be back when my travels take me to the Knoxville area. Thank you Courtyard Knoxville Airport!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you just need a good bed, and have no car and no need to eat or connect via internet, then you will enjoy your stay. I guess we are spoiled in our connected world with thinking that should be available and should be fast, but it is not at this hotel. You are more likely to give up before a page can load, because it really does not work or works so slow to be unusable. Perhaps they just need more routers or a better IT person. A huge issue is lack of parking if you are traveling by car. There is only one elevator and limited parking. Breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cordial1
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A one night stay for an early flight to Knoxville and we found this a great place to sleep after a long day. Consitency expected with an up to date Courtyard, clean--good bed---great common area with a bar and food service late into the night apparently managed by the Ruby Tuesday corporation. We had late appetizers and they were very good. Service was friendly and generally helpful... I'll downgrade the evening hotel clerk a bit for failing to leave notice of the need for an early cab ride, but the overnight man on duty had us a ride in very short order.

Room Tip: I did not experience a noise issue...but other travellers recommend the backside of the Inn..Makes s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had booked this stay asking for a quite side room, (not on the street side) when I arrived I was not on the side I wanted to be. When I asked for a room change the request was met with less then a desire to be of service. I was told " I have never had a quest complain about noise" well now they have. The room change did not get done, I should have been more forceful, but I was tried, needing a shower and a meal. Room to room this is a nice clean, and no noise inside. But the odd numbered rooms are roadway side. The second problem was we had booked the room "with breakfast' but I was billed 9.95 I had to show the confirmation to get a credit.

Room Tip: get an even numbered room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been staying at the Knoxville Airport Courtyard often over the past several years. The hotel is clean, up to date and quiet. The beds are great, very comfortable. The price is reasonable, especially with the AAA discount. We visited this past weekend to attend a UT football game and will be back again this weekend. I highly recommend staying here! The only negative comment I have is that it is hidden away and off of Alcoa Highway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
tlunsford, Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great comment on Trip Advisor. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott, we take pride in offering our guests clean and quiet rooms while maintaining the highest standards and providing a memorable experience. We are glad you will be returning this weekend. Please feel free to let us know if we can do anything to make your trip more comfortable. Thanks again and we will see you soon. GO VOLS!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

There is a beam from the airport that flashes every 6 seconds across the front of the place, but surprisingly it doesn't affect your sleep.

This Courtyard isn't the traditional cube shaped layout (with a "Courtyard" in the middle) but rather a straight line. The rooms are still amazing, and comfortable. Still has the bistro and everything else you've come to like with this brand of hotel.

Great service and friendly people too.

Room Tip: TIP-Pick a room on the backside of the hotel, even numbered rooms, to avoid the light that pulses fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family