“Overpriced, but very good food”

Ming Tree Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 73 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Overpriced, but very good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love Chinese food, like most red blooded Americans, and I can say this on a par or better than any other Chinese restaurant I've found in the area yet. I thought it was over priced for the food, I ordered take-out. But the food was very good. I waited in the restaurant having ordered on the spot, and thought the ambience was nice and suitable for a business meeting or nicer family dinner. I tried two entrees, no complaints. I enjoyed it and will try it again, possibly for a business lunch.

• Visited June 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Both the food an service was very disappointing! The fried wontons were as hard as bricks. When we told the waiter he said, "Yep they are like that sometimes!" OMG!!

• Visited March 2012
“Great staff and food.”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The chinese is of great quality. They have the common dishes but they also have some that are not found in your typical chinese restaurant. However, I usually eat the Thai food. It's great!

• Visited February 2012
Maryville, TN
“Changed hands and went down hill”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have eaten at Ming Tree for years and it was wonderful! Got to know the Asian servers and I believe the owners. Went in one time and all we saw were Spanish/Latino workers with a couple Asian. Found out cooks were Spanish. It must be hard to try and cook for a Nationality that you are NOT. This restaurant has gone down hill ever since. We won't eat there any more and we never recommend it. It is a real shame as it was one of the best at one time. Wish them the best in getting back to where they once were.

• Visited August 2011
“Very Good Thai Food”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I had Evil Chicken and my friend had Pad Thai Noodles with Beef. Both were very good. The restaurant was private and quiet and the service was good.

• Visited November 2011