“Enjoyable Fish”
Review of The Shrimp Dock

The Shrimp Dock
Ranked #9 of 73 Restaurants in Alcoa
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ordered the fish plate, catfish or talapia, with shrimp and two sides. It was good, the shrimp was good, the catfish was fillet, and it was well done, nicely fried, the talapia
was clean and tased very good as well. The prices seem a bit high for what you get, being
in a styrofoam container, the two small containers only hold 1 tablespoon of coleslaw or 2 hushpuppies, the jambalaya is considered a side dish, but it only looked like saffron yellow rice, or the yellow spanish flavored rice you can buy at walmart. I would believe we helped pay for all he hidden cost is takes to have squid, calamari, and other saltwater fish here in TN. Overall, if your looking for a good fish plate, a bit pricey for styrofoam, but good. P.S. they close at 7 pm,
so dont get there late.Kudo's to the Counter girl for having a great attitude, and great service skills.

There are newer reviews for The Shrimp Dock

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This review is for the restaurant portion of the shrimp dock. I thought if they have the freshest seafood and most seafood in town they must have a great restaurant. Opposite of true. Long wait, micro portions, very high price on plastic/paper plates with no waiting staff makes the restaurant something to steer away from. Oh and we also brought our kids. I may still be mentally scarred from what could be called "shrimp dock incident".

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fresh seafood in Maryville/Alcoa TN? Man, when I was a kid in land locked Tennessee, frozen fried shrimp was a delicacy. Who knew fresh fish, shrimp and oysters would be available? I love this place. You can make a meal on the catch of the day, or buy alligator or andioui. (Forgive the spelling) About the only grip I have is the styrofoam plates. Great food, reasonable, great service, and if you are hungry, it is fast.

1  Thank impalawoman
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is great for lunch, it's not overly busy and your food is VERY fresh. I had the flounder po'boy. They made it fresh on the spot. DELISH. The portions are generous. The prices are very fair.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We ate here for my son's 14th birthday. He had the cod platter which was excellent (I had a taste). The fish was crisply fried to a nice golden brown color, not at all greasy, and had a very mild fish flavor. My husband had the daily special which was blackened salmon. This was not as yummy as the cod, but still quite good. I shared a shrimp platter with my daughter. This shrimp tasted really fresh, but since we asked for fried and got some other type, I can't recommend it by name. There were lots of shrimp choices, which is definitely a plus in my book. The cole slaw was good...tangy and slightly sweet. The hush puppies were rather dense, not quite as light and fluffy as I like them to be. They had seasoned crinkle fried...these were just okay. The iced tea tasted old.

My major complaint is that even though we ate in, we were served on styrofoam. I can understand styrofoam for take-away, because you can always take it home and put it on something else if you hate eating on styrofoam, as I do. This is a pretty major pet peeve of mine and the major reason why I can't give the highest rating. I realize that many people won't mind at all, and if you're one of them, then by all means try out this restaurant. If you share my pet peeve, then go for the take-away...or maybe they'd let you bring your own plate!