“Now that's a big burger!”

Hot Rods 50's Diner
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I where invited to Hot Rods burger joint and I'm glad it happened. The atmosphere was very clean and classic. The food was great. We all had four different burgers and each where very different in taste. Huge portions! Great value. Fun fun fun. Great place to take the family or gather with a bunch of buddies on a bike ride. The porkchop_punk says Ohh yeah to this burger joint.

1  Thank porkchop_punk
There are newer reviews for Hot Rods 50's Diner

Reviewed June 22, 2013

decent pricing and above average food. You get your moneys worth. conveniently located. It is a reminder of days of old.

1  Thank MadMax22
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been here a few times with co-workers for lunch. Let me start by saying their burgers are awesome! There are so many to choose from and you can customize them basically anyway you want. The sides are also good and it is a good value for the money. The only issue I have had is with the service. It can be slow at times and when you are on an hour lunch break it can get taxing at times. However I just chalk it up to time vs quality and it takes time to make such great burgers. The last time we went with a larger group they let us call in our order and they had it ready almost exactly when we arrived! Go here, now! (and have a fried egg on your burger for crying out loud)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were in town for the T.N. State H.O.G. rally and some new biker friends suggested that we stop here to eat. We were amazed at the selections on the HUGE MENU and it was hard to decide...I had the Gravy Train burger and it was hands down one of the BEST BURGERS I have ever eaten! Also had a chocolate malt and the colossal onion rings and everything was over the top good:) Others at our table had various burgers and shakes and all went away loosening belts...hubby had fried chicken livers and they were even good! How do you make liver taste that good? My only regret is that I was too full for dessert. Maybe next time I will have the donut burger so I can have both! We will definitely be back on our next trip to Smoky Mountain HD. Wonder if I can talk them into going tomorrow...?

1  Thank rugzmom37
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After walking on the town's 'Greenway' we noticed this Diner close to the public library so thought we'd give it a try. Truly impressed.
The atmosphere took me back many years when this was the typical kind of place you'd find a good quick meal. The whole ambiance was a flash back.
Excellent food - the burger (being a vegetarian wasn't a problem) was huge and delicious as were the fries that came with it. The chocolate malt tasted just like I remember from all those years ago. My wife got the hoagie and couldn't eat it all. They offer over 30 styles of burgers, at least that many sandwiches and hoagies, several entrees, casseroles and an Italian Corner, as well as a long list of delicious desserts If you can't find something to tempt you, it would have to be that you just ate!
Wish it was closer as it would be a place I'd visit very frequently.
You can see their full menu at <www. HotRods50sDiner.com>.

1  Thank travelerted