“One Word - "Don't"”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Knoxville, Tennessee
“One Word - "Don't"”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Checked in for 4 nights. Completely agree with TravelManSouth. The room smelled bad (smoky and musty). Hallways were dim and musty. Breakfast was terrible, I tried the cereal labeled as "Cheerios" but they were obviously a generic brand and they were lousy. Shows the priority of management - save a couple of bucks on cheaper cereal, try to pass it off as the real thing, and hope no one notices. This seems to be the overall philosophy. I checked out after the first night and went to McDonald's for breakfast. To emphasize how bad the room smell was, when I turned on my CPAP breathing machine in the second hotel the next night, the filter and hoses had trapped the smoky, bad smell from the Country Inn room and it was suddenly like I was back there. I couldn't use the machine until I replaced the filter and hoses.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. We use IWC Food Service for our breakfast foods, which is a brand approved supplier. I am sorry the quality of food did not meet youe expactations. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Bill Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
USA
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I got in late & called & was picked up very quickly! I was checked in promptly & questions were answered. Very helpful & friendly staff. Clean room, was nice & cool when I got in there. Bed was comfortable & soft. I slept so great. Quiet hotel. Wish It wasn't booked on my return I would have stayed last night too. When I come back next year I am booking here!
The breakfast was just OK but I don't rate a hotel on the free breakfast stuff.. I like a good night sleep!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Whispery
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, and had a great nights sleep. We look forward to your next arrival when in the area. Bill Bailey
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 25, 2014

the good news - I survived. But what a pit - who says this is nice? Vs. a Super 8, sure. But it's old, worn out, and well - just not a nice place. There were a ton of smokers outside - and the smoke all came into the lobby. The breakfast - forget it, it was like Muffins bought in a package out of a vending machine. Yogurt in a bowl, not packages. And oatmeal that was cold, even as they brought out a new pot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelManSouth
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport. I am disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with the condition of our property. We are in the process of a complete renovation, in which all of our furniture will be replaced. Also, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service.
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I were at the end of our week long vacation in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. So we were tired and wanting to get home. We arrived at the airport at 10:30am for our 2:20pm flight. After several delays our Philadelphia flight finally cancelled. Now it's around 7:30pm and my husband is more like a Gatlinburg bear by this time! He wanted to rent a car and drive home. I work in the hotel industry so I knew that there would be hotels offering airline distress rates so we asked. Basically the airlines set up rates for distress that they pay for and for distress passengers that pay on their own. You will be on your own if your flight cancelled due to weather since it is not directly the airlines fought. The hotels will give a fair rate for your business. We managed to find the Country Inn & Suites which we were very grateful for. After this long day we were swiftly picked up by Bill who I later found out is the hotels Front Office Manager. He brought us back along with a family and another single traveler. The one family packed the van with their luggage so we offered to wait and he can come pick us up when they are settled. I think Bill could tell that we were beyond spent so he took the extra effort to fit us in. Honestly I don't know how he got all the luggage in the van but he magically did it! Bill was so friendly and sincere. Smiling and talking to us. He took care of each one of us with a smile and was pretty quick I must say. Shortly after our arrival at the hotel we were relaxing in a comfortable room. The room was clean, had everything we needed. There was food in walking distance so we ran out to Sonic and brought back dinner. The next morning we went down to the lobby early and were swiftly brought back to the airport which is .5 miles away. The night Auditor was also friendly who took us back to the airport. Bill made our displacement comfortable and welcoming through a time where we had no control. We appreciated it!!!! Thank you for all you do!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorryFreePhilly
Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to read how satisfied you were with our property.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice when visiting the Knoxville/Alcoa area again.
Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel stop was on the way back from Florida. My husband, son and I stayed in this room. We arrived late, but had a good rate and they saved the room for us. The pool was open - but we were too tired to try it out. The room was clean, the beds comfortable. I would recommend the stay. Rooms going through renovation - and ours looked fine. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Got a great night's rest before we were off the next morning!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We are delighted to see you enjoyed your room and time at the hotel. We lookk forward to your next visit while visting the Knoxville/Alcoa area again.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

In an era of "you get what you pay for," it's a real pleasure to say that we got more than we paid for at this hotel. The front desk manager was one of the nicest human's we've met on our travels...which we really needed, because I had injured my leg during the day and was nursing it. In addition to the promotional discount, he gave us an AARP discount as well. He showed us three rooms to make sure that we were aware of the various features (king, double queens, and handicapped) and helped us pick the right one. He assisted us with bringing the luggage from the car, put us on the ground floor, and made sure we were close the door. He made a (great) recommendation for dinner, giving us thorough directions to the restaurant. The room was spotless and well appointed; breakfast was great (with the possible exception of the egg saucers that were just plain weird). Pool and laundry area were clean and in good working order and, while simple, did the trick for us. In the morning, at checkout, the morning desk clerk asked me how I was feeling. Very impressive!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time To submit a review of our property. I Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Alcoa/Maryville. I am so happy our hotel was your first of hopefully many stays with Country Inns and Suites. We appreciate your positive comments and will pass along your comments to our staff. We are very lucky to have the staff we have. We look forward to your next visit.
dalton,georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

attended a sales meeting in knoxville and wanted a hotel close. Chose this hotel by reading reviews and price. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. I normally stay at hilton properties but they were rather expensive in this area. This hotel was very clean, staff was pleasant and helpful. I had booked a double queen room because it was the least expensive but prefered the king room. Lobby staff bumped me up at no extra charge on arrival. ( they earned a repeat customer with this) I had absolutely NO problems and my room was a nice as what I usually get at hilton. I will definitely use Country inn and Suites again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank garryseay
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Country Inn & Suites, Knoxville Airport. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are always excited to hear about great experiences! We look forward to your next visit when visiting Alcoa, TN.