“Don't plan on much sleep....”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days and management complained to me about loud talk in my room , while 5 am bikers are starting loud motorcycles outside my window. Forget the breakfast, it is someone's garbage. Stay someware else.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ohiograndma
Bill B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the disturbance of the motorcycles starting as our other guest had a very early departure. We are in the process of providing healthier wider variety of breakfast items. We hope in the future we can meet or exceed your expectations. Bill Bailey

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently while visting Knoxville for a good friend's memorial service. Everything was clean and comfortable. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and the lady in the breakfast area the next morning helped us out with breakfast items even though we were there after the normal breakfast hours. If I had one suggestion, it would be to extend the breakfast past 9:30. Otherwise, everything was great and we will stay here again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel is as good as one can get! I have found perfection in all places, Alcoa!

We arrived the night that severe, tornadic storms were coming and the clerk was so calm and collected. She made us all feel at ease even though shutters were literally getting ripped off th ebuilding and thrown into the trees. It was really scary. She is the best person I have met in a hotel before.

This place is very clean. It was our second time at a Country Inn and Suites and we love them. The room has everything you'd want, frdge, microwave, coffe, etc.

It was the best shower ever also. The best water temperature and pressure, cant be beat! I love a good shower (see my NYC hotel review.)

There is free wifi in the room, which is very fast and effortless to get on. There is also free breakfast and free parking. This hotel has everything I love in one.

I suggest anyone visiting the Knoxville metro to stay here. Your search for a hotel in this city is an easy choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We first stayed at this hotel about 15 months ago, when we had a early morning flight out and we live about 75 minutes from the airport. At that time the hotel had begun some refurbishment, replacing the vanities and carpeting in the rooms. We thought by the time we arrived this month the hotel refurbishment would be complete but we were wrong.

We encountered some of the same issues that other reviews mentioned - cracked tile in the elevator, worn look to hallways and other common areas, and the smell of smoke in the third floor hallway. I mentioned the cracked tiles to the desk clerk, stating it certainly didn't make a good first impression. He informed me that the owner said work on it was scheduled for the next few days. I was skeptical but when we returned 8 days later, they had at least put in parquet-looking vinyl on the floor. This is allegedly a temporary solution and will be replaced by new tile once the other renovations are done, which have to be completed by the end of the year. Since the hotel is privately owned, it appears that their licensing agreement may be requiring them to do the needed renovations but I can't say for sure. As for the smoke issue, it turns out about half the rooms on the third floor are smoking, so not only does some of the smoke escape from the rooms but people probably smoke in the hallways too. The clerk came up and sprayed the hallway which helped some. When we stayed over again after returning to Knoxville, we were given the option of a first or second floor room (on our initial stay we had requested a 3rd(top) floor room, not knowing the smoke situation). We get the impression they don't put non-smokers on the top floor if they can avoid it. Hopefully when they refurbish the rooms (new bedding, microwaves, TV's, etc. are supposed to be done) , they will go to a smoke-free environment like so many other properties have done.

Transport to/from the airport was quick, although it is a little odd that the desk clerk does the shuttle too. This could cause a delay in checking in/out or getting to/from the airport, especially during the periods of 7-9 AM and 4-6 PM when traffic on the main highway requires the shuttle to take a more indirect route to the airport. There's no light to get across the 4-lane highway so it's almost impossible during rush-hour. The Park & Fly package is a very good value, especially if you have a lengthy drive to the airport like we do.

Breakfast is more than ample with a good selection of both hot and cold items. Like with most complimentary hotel breakfasts it might get a bit boring if you were staying a few days but most people are at the hotel because of its convenience to the airport or going to the Alcoa plant. It is not a hotel that one should pick for touring Knoxville or attending functions at UT.

Hopefully by the time we need to fly out of Knoxville again the hotel will be further along in its refurbishment. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This hotel is a little older and in need of some slight maintenance (floor tile in elevator is cracked) but overall, very convenient and great for park and ride fro McGhee Tyson airport in Knoxville. Rates are good, location is good, seems to get a lot of repeat business. Not the location if you are staying in town and want to explore Knoxville, as it is near the airport and far from the downtown attractions. The young man who works the night shift desk and shuttle is a great guy, very helpful and warm.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed there in october, 2011. Good things are that they have a shuttle service to and from airport which is right across the street. They have really good price. Breakfast was not bad. Bad things, it is really out of town and far from center. If you don't have a car, you can't go anywhere. Only by cab. There is swimming pool but i'm not sure how clean it is.
The rooms could be cleaner. My friend saw a bug in the room and that made all of us nervous at night. Even though smoking was forbidden in the halls, we could smell the smoke everyday in corridors. It was annoying. The hotel surely needs to be refurbished.
And the rooms were not equal.

Room Tip: Non-smoking and bigger room. Emphasize on non-smoking!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was a nice hotel, but I would recommend that they purchase new TV's for the rooms. When I arrived there wasn't anyone at the front desk so I had to wait 15 minutes before anyone came, however, when the clerk did come he was polite and apologized for the delay. I also had to wait the next day for another 15 minutes for the clerk to come to the front desk. In my opinion they need hire a few more people. Overall though it was not a bad place, I slept peacefully and I enjoyed my time there outside of waiting. I am scheduled to return to Alcoa next month so hopefully things will be different, I will definitely write an update review, if I end up at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business