“Great stopover hotel for TYS airport”
Review of Quality Inn Alcoa

Quality Inn Alcoa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We booked this hotel through hotwire and for the price was very pleased. Yes - the room was fairly small, bathroom very small but as it was only for one night stopover before an early flight from TYS this was not a problem. Hotel seemed clean and in good order throughout the lobby area and our room on the ground floor, despite being a pet friendly hotel.

Did not try the breakfast as we left too early so cannot comment on that but I have to say the staff were terrific - very friendly and pleasant - in fact we can honestly say everyone we encountered throughout our visit to Tennesee were absolutely delightful - I would definitely visit the area again if only for the friendly welcome you receive - such a contrast to our experience in Miami the next day! The hotel is very close to the airport - literally a couple of minutes in a cab and you are there. Great choice of bars/restaurants within walking distance - Roadhouse restaurant was fantastic - again super friendly staff and great food - we loved Tennessee and hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yodacat

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Caitland and Heather made my total visit so welcomed after 12 hours of driving, I do plan to stay there again due to their hospitality and friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I booked a room with two double beds (for the 'best rate' of $80/night). The room was MUCH smaller than I expected it would be (and smaller than others I've stayed in for the price). It was narrow, perhaps one and a half bed lengths wide, and the bathroom was very small. It was carved out of the rest of the room at an angle and housed just the toilet and the tub/shower, and was barely big enough for that! They managed to eek everything in there by placing the sink and vanity/mirror in what is normally the closet area. The closet was instead combined with the TV entertainment center and a half-sized ironing board folded down from the wall. I've never seen such a floor plan!

The room was otherwise crisp and clean with newer linens and materials and the beds were comfortable. However, we did discover a few ants behind the night table. The common areas were nice as well, and although clean, the stairwells were painted cement (a contrast to the other carpeted areas). We did not use the outdoor pool. The staff was friendly, but didn't seem at all concerned about the ants. The included breakfast was good (muffins/doughnuts/hot biscuits, hot oatmeal, make your own waffles, dry cereal, juice, coffee, etc.).

Had the room been bigger (and free of ants) I would have been able to recommend this hotel without reservation. As it stands, it was adequate, but there may be better deals out there.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2009

my husband and i have been to this area of tn. before and stayed at various hotels in the area. we will definitely make this hotel "our hotel" in the future. it was in a perfect area--close to highways, close to shopping, close to all kinds of attractions, restaurants galore in the area. the rooms were kept clean and towels replenished daily...and the towels and facecloths were the softest i've ever used in a hotel. staff extremely friendly and always ready to assist us in anything and always with a smile. price was perfect and even gave a great discount cuz we stayed a week. a nice walking path just out the back door which went around a large pond which led to a small park. continental breakfast was quite good, although after 5-6 days i got tired of it but it was kept well stocked and a good variety. definitely a place to worth looking into

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I've stayed here numerous times since 2003 because of family that lives nearby and been very happy each time. I choose to stay here because the hotel is pet-friendly, so I love that I can bring my two little dogs with me. The hotel is located centrally in Alcoa/Maryville. Staff is very friendly each time. Breakfast is really good...you get to make your own, fresh waffle (always love that!)

The staff is really great... On my last stay, I woke up late and got out to the lobby for breakfast only to find that I missed it. I was upset at myself--tired, lack of coffee and really wanting that waffle before checking out to hit the road. So I went back to my room. A staff member came to my room a moment later and knocked on my door saying come on out to get a waffle. It was slow at the hotel at Christmas time, so the manager started a waffle for me as he finished cleaning up the breakfast area... I got my waffle and went back to my room to enjoy it. What great great service!!! :-)

Tip for rates, search different sites for lower rates. I've found "exclusive rates" on one travel site that was up to 25% cheaper than others. I've also called directly to book for the "best rate" they can give me.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2005

My daughter and I were visiting Maryville College and stayed here. It was clean, the room was nice and the breakfast was way better than your typical continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here in the future.

Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank beachgrl61
A TripAdvisor Member
19116
Reviewed July 3, 2003

This hotel is in a great location, just minutes from the Knoxville airport. The staff was always friendly and willing to help. The rooms cater to the business traveler and are very comfortable. I would stay here again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#10 of 15 in Alcoa
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa

Been to Quality Inn Alcoa? Share your experiences!