“Don't expect anything special, and don't go at high volume times”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Alcoa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our Cheddars experience provided us with one thing we wanted. Convenience to our location in Maryville. We went early to lunch, as previous times had warned us it gets WAY crowded. And i don't know why, it is very mediocre. And yet the place was packed by Sunday at noon. Prices probably have something to do with it, and perhaps location, but the food is not the draw, and at a restaurant, that's not a good thing. Club sandwich was adequate, fries were good, and servings were generous. Service was average, and that's about the best I can say about everything...........average. A lot of other choices close by, and I'd recommend you seek them out.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited when my husband and I decided to celebrate my birthday at Cheddar's! He had never eaten at Cheddars, but I had eaten at the Knoxville restaurants, and loved them. But, this was not the case at this location. We were seated timely, no wait. Waitress was slow to wait on us, others around us came in later and were eating before us. I ordered a "medium" steak, it was burned, tough and tasteless. My husband did not finish salmon, not tasty. Drinks not refilled. Horrible experience!! Will not go back!!

2  Thank Tysmamaw
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Meeting with Family for a get-to-gether. In spite of heavy traffic at restaurant we were seated quickly. Service was very quick and friendly. After ordering our meals only about five minutes elased before we were served our food. Waiter kept our drinks filled and was very attentive. Food was of good quality and very reasonably priced. Would reccommend this restaurant change to everyone.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were not familiar with the Cheddar's chain until they built the establishment in Alcoa (there was apparently one in North Knoxville, and another has since been built in West Knoxville). The first attempt to visit there found an enormous crowd and extended wait time, so we postponed.

When we did visit again, there was almost no wait, and we were very much surprised at the restaurant. I'm not quite sure what we expected, but Cheddar's decor, service, and food quality are certainly on a par with chains such as Aubry's, Sullivan's, and Rafferty's. And...their prices seem exceptionally low.

Everything we have sampled there has been very good to excellent, and we have now made multiple visits.

Given the quality to price ratio, one just needs to expect that there will be crowds at peak (and sometimes off-peak) times. However, Cheddar's is worth the wait.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good selection of food at good prices. Very clean place and good service. Fast seating with no wait.