“Not the place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Siguatepeque, Honduras
“Not the place to stay”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here 3-13 and I wish I had not. Pay a little more and get a good nights rest. They will show you one price and give you a higher price and the rooms are not clean. I have had red bumps on my legs for week now after staying in this hotel. I had an early flight out and I got what I paid for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ebony O,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. We are now under new management. I am sorry that previous management did not get back to you in a timely manner. Please know that we do have a licensed pest company which routinely treats each of our guest rooms every month. Please contact me directly at the hotel to further discuss the matter.

Americas Best Value Inn-Alcoa Airport, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Comitan, MX
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here to catch an early flight out the next day. It is fairly clean a little old but has been updated somewhat. Very conveniently located to restaurants and the airport. Not a vacation hotel but OK for a economical overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear missionminded92,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a traveler review with us. There are several restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel. I am glad that you also enjoyed our convenient location to the airport. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Alcoa Airport, TN
Kentucky
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I like this place even thou they do not have mircowaves or refrigs in room.. very clean and staff was very helpful when i first had a problem.. this is a good business hotel for travelers..or over nighters.. i would rate this good.

Room Tip: it is right next to two good restaruants.. Ruby Tuesday on one side and a real good chinese on other...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear spottedhawk90,

Thank you very much for posting a review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location to many restaurants. We also now offer microfridges in each of our guestrooms. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We hope that you stay with us again next time you are in the area!

Americas Best Value Inn, Alcoa Airport, TN
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Looked for a place to stay for one night as passing through. This is a budget stay with clean room and essentials. Staff was helpful, but only after I had to ask all the questions(wifi?, breakfast?, checkout time?, where the room is located?) Wifi is slow. AC was cold and working fine. Noise? well that should be expected since it is directly next to the highway and airport, only heard maybe one plane fly overhead that made more noise than the normal traffic noise heard. Refrigerator in room, but did not work. 25 cents for ice seems strange, but it took two quarters to fill up a small cooler.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear ClassicPatrick,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. We have recently joined Americas Best Value Inn; one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the country to better serve the needs of my future guests. We have updated our rooms with new electronic door locks, bathroom fixtures, a/c units, exterior and interior lighting, some furniture replaced, and a new security camera system. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Knoxville Airport
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed there due to early am departure. The lobby smelled of stale smoke even though no-smoking signs were posted. The bedding was in need or replacing...small tears were visible. Glad we did not need to run the ac since the ac had a knocking noise that would prevent you from sleeping, assuming you could sleep with noise from road and airport. We asked for wake up call and after some difficulty with ringing back to our room three times while trying set it up. We changed to later flight so called front desk to cancel the 4am wake up call...You guessed it....we received a 4am wake up call. The hotel advertised a contential breakfast. This consisted of powdered donuts and white bread. I did not feel safe at this hotel and would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and go for more quality
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GATravelersRetires,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have recently joined Americas Best Value Inn; one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the country to better serve the needs of my future guests. We have updated our rooms with new electronic door locks, bathroom fixtures, a/c units, exterior and interior lighting, some furniture replaced, and a new security camera system. We hope the improvements will enhance the overall guest experience.

Americas Best Value Inn-Knoxville Airport, TN

Travelers are raving about these Alcoa hotels

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have stayed at this motel every summer for the last few years. I travel alone on a motorcycle and a clean, safe place is what I need. This place works for me. The staff has always been friendly. I was first recommended this motel by Tennessee Highway Patrolman in Tellico Plains a few years ago.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear lari1960,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. We have recently joined Americas Best Value Inn; one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the country to better serve the needs of my future guests. We have updated our rooms with new electronic door locks, bathroom fixtures, a/c units, exterior and interior lighting, some furniture replaced, and a new security camera system. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Knoxville Airport, TN
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Disgusting and Horrifying! Stopped here late one night while stopping to see family after honeymoon, just needed a place for the night. The room was disgusting, carpet was grimy, the door didn't seal (you could see through the 1 inch gap) and barely locked, No shower curtain, and all light bulbs were blown but one! We walked in and walked back out! Plus the group of 20+ shady characters staying a few doors down and hanging out near our room, stared us down like we weren't welcome. We went to the hotel directly behind them called Comfort Suites. Much nicer, safer, cleaner, quieter, only $20 more. What a nightmare!!! Don't stay at Family Inns!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money...Go behind Family Inns to Comfort Suites...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple