“Great Location”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Smoaks, South Carolina
“Great Location”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This hotel was great! It was only about 10 minutes from downtown. It is reasonably priced and the staff was very friendly. The pool and the jacuzzi are also a plus! It is not brand new but it's clean and affordable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, AB
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We only stayed here one night. Catching a plane the next day. Our room had a sleeper couch, microwave, frig.

The room had one window. The window seems small compared to other hotels we have stayed in. We did not use the microwave but the frig, however, did not seem to cool as one would expect.

One light by our bed did not work. After inspecting, discovered a light bulb missing.

Bathroom was large and clean. Water was hot.

Breakfast had fruit, cereal, sausage gravy mixture, pastries, juices, coffee.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daphne53
Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night based on Trip Advisor's recommendations. The room was spartan, but clean. The mattress sloped towards the middle, so my husband kept rolling towards the middle of the bed all night. The high speed internet was worse than dial up. We called the tech support line, but they couldn't tell us what was wrong. This is an okay place to stay if you have a family, but don't need internet. The only good thing was the room rate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
nebraska
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We needed a motel close to the airport to spend one night. We noticed this motel was reasonably priced, and we were hoping it was decent. When our plane arrived at midnight, we called the motel and their courtesy van arrived within minutes. The front staff was extremely friendly, and said there would be breakfast ready for us in the morning. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

When we had to stay overnight unexpectedly on our way back, we immediately called this hotel. They, again, picked us up right away from the airport and had a room ready for us. Our first room had a little bit of a smoke smell, so I asked for another room. They were very nice about it and immediately assigned us to another room. We had to be driven back to the airport at 5:30 a.m. the next morning and again, it was no problem.

We really appreciated their friendliness, dependability. and hospitality. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank track_fan_Nebraska
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I booked a room at this hotel since it was cheaper for me to stay there for a night and leave my car than it was to pay airport parking fees for my trip. Therefore, we decided to begin our vacation a day early to be relaxed and near the airport for our early-morning flight.

The service was terrific from start to finish. I called twice to discuss availability and reservations, and both ladies I talked to were very helpful. When I checked in, the super-friendly lady upgraded my room to a jacuzzi suite!

Our huge room was extremely comfortable! Bed was soft, linens were good quality, water was hot, room was clean, and we slept like babies. The breakfast the next morning had a nice variety (pastries, sausage biscuits, fruits, cereals, etc) and definitely exceeded expectations. The pool and fitness center looked nice and clean, although we didn't use either.

I registered my car for their park-n-fly program (rack rate if you plan to leave your car). The hotel van dropped us off at the requested time at the airport, and when we returned to Knoxville, the hotel sent a cab to pick us up (at their expense).

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We didn't end up staying here, but I had to tell you guys about how kind the front desk staff was to my family. I am in my first trimester of my second pregnancy and was traveling w/o my husband, but with my parents and my 15 month old.

We got to the hotel and the check in clerk was just super friendly and helpful. She noticed we had requested "Adjoining" rooms. They do not have adjoining rooms on property. Usually it wouldn't be a big deal, but I needed help with the toddler and I was sick, and she was very sympathetic.

The clerk ended up calling multiple properties in the area and finally found a new Marriott Courtyard that could take us - she even bargained them down to the rates we would have been paying at the Comfort Suites.

We were incredibly appreciative and I would recommend the hotel to anyone - the lobby was really nice. :)

Stayed August 2008
Arizona
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Typical Comfort Suites hotel. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Hotel is near the highway.

Looking at the online maps, I was concerned how close this hotel was to the airport, but we didn't have a problem at all with plane noise.

I am used to the typical free breakfast fare at Choice hotels and was pleasantly surprised to find an offering of bacon in the morning. Usually, you only get a few fruits and lots and lots of carb items, with maybe a hard-boiled egg thrown in for protein, so this was very nice.

I would stay here again, no problem. It is also next to a Starbucks if you want stronger coffee than what is found free at hotels.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)