“Servicable Hotel ....Very Near the Airport”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I spent one night here. It was right across from the airport and convenient, if you are flying in. Several restaurants and stores that are very close. The hotel itself was suitable. Nothing fancy but comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 22, 2012

First let me say this hotel is in a great location. Across the street from the airport, next door is a Starbucks and there is only another hotel in between it and a great Ruby Tuesdays (That's another review). Both are less than a simple walk from the front doors of the hotel. The place overall is very clean but "worn". The hallway carpet, room carpet, paint, fixtures, etc. the room I stayed in had some burn marks on the sink and I was in a no smoking room. In all fairness the hotel has some age on it and when it was first built I doubt there were very few if any non-smoking rooms. As I stated earlier the room was very clean and free of any type of smell or odor. The breakfast area was large and the breakfast provided was good. The room was a good value for the money spent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel itself could use some renovation. The hallway carpet on the first floor is very wrinkled (like its coming up from the floor) with spots all over it. The indoor pool area has some loose tiles and rusty spots. The pool was treated according to hotel staff on August 31 and that enclosed area was tough on the eyes, gave a burning sensation, maybe too much chlorine but the room doesn't circulate at all, even what the lady at the front desk said. The room itself was fine, beds were comfortable and room was huge. The price for a room this large was a great price. The breakfast was good. Eggs/sausage two days, biscuits and gravy one day. They had make your own waffles too. Bagels, toast, cereal, donuts, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt and juices and milk to top out the menu. The staff was friendly and housekeeping took care of our rooms. Its a good deal for such a large room and morning breakfast.

Room Tip: The rooms here are suites so they are rather large which is a good thing. The prices were better th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The main thing we loved about this stay was how big the room was. It was very nice and big and we had 2 queens. Not to mention the sofa bed. It was perfect for my husband and I and our 3 kids. It was very roomy and they were given a perfect opportunity to run around and play before our flight in the morning. The customer service was pretty good and we were given a free shuttle to and from the airport.
The room was very clean as well. No complaints.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally D
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Teresa was terrific to accomodate us when I had to re-book our rooms to Park and Stay during our recent vacation when we flew from TYS airport. The breakfast was good and available early for our flight and shuttle service over to the airport. Upon our arrival back, I called the hotel and they sent the shuttle as promised.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for an event at the university of Tennessee. I decided to stay here because it was priced well, and I was very happy with my decision. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly. When I am back in town I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I booked this hotel primarily because it advertises free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. When I got back from my flight they would not pick me up. I had to pay for a taxi to take me to the hotel to get my car. When I called the hotel, the female desk clerk was very rude. I am very disappointed with the type of service this Comfort Suites provided. I am a Choice Priviledges member and I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel staff not very professional.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business