“False Advertisement - Free 24-hour Shuttle to Airport”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I booked this hotel primarily because it advertises free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. When I got back from my flight they would not pick me up. I had to pay for a taxi to take me to the hotel to get my car. When I called the hotel, the female desk clerk was very rude. I am very disappointed with the type of service this Comfort Suites provided. I am a Choice Priviledges member and I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel staff not very professional.
1  Thank mweddle
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Overall this hotel is a great value. I stayed here for 3 days for a business trip and I was very satisfied with my stay. The rooms are very spacious & clean and I had no trouble sleeping as the beds were comfortable and the hotel stayed quiet at night. When booking a hotel I aim to pick a convenient location so i don't waste time commuting. This is a perfect pick as it is near all the major attractions in the area. An added bonus is that the hotel is RIGHT next to a starbucks coffee.

If your looking for a great value hotel with a friendly staff don't hesitate to book here.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am far behind on my ratings of hotels so a hotel has to be really great or really bad for me to post. Well this one is really bad.

(I have been participating in Choice hotels, stay 2 get one free night the last couple of weeks and have stayed in several different hotels in the chain.)

I will let the pictures speak for themselves but you also have to imagine the musty, moldy smell in the hotel. From the moment I walked in the door, the mustiness was a factor. Really needs an update and a major clean-up.

To be fair I will post some nicer reviews of the chain but I never stay at this hotel again (unless renovated).

The room itself was roomy and had two sink areas which is always nice but check out the wall AC--dirty. Imagine breathing the air from this unit. The unit looked the same in the workout area (plus a crumpled snack bag insertion). The bed was low but pretty comfy. My door would not shut properly without me slamming it closed. Apologies to my neighbors. It creaked very loud also so no sneaking in and out unnoticed.

The ceilings are really low in the hallway on the 3rd floor and the wrinkled carpet throughout the hotel is an obstacle course. The stairwells are rusty, paint peeling, storage areas. The workout area has ancient equipment. The pool area is rusty.

The starbucks next door is one of the few positives.

There has to be better options in the Knoxville Airport area so keep looking.

2  Thank ResortSpaLady
Reviewed April 18, 2012

A typical Comfort Suites property with a better than average room. Everything was clean, neat and in good repair. Good internet with no connection problems. The room was huge and had a reasonable working area. All in all, exactly what I expected and a good bargain.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Excellent place to stay! Arrived early and was allowed to check in early. Quick and easy check-in process. Nice, clean room with enough space for me and teenage daughter. Felt safe and enjoyed our stay. Didn't use the pool or workout facilities due to only staying overnight. Good location with Starbucks across the street and Ruby Tuesday two doors down. This will be the place we stay when coming to the Knoxville area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor right off the elevator. If you are over 6 ft tall, you might want to try...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2011

If you need a place close to the airport, this is really close. There is a difficult driving turn from the hotel on to the main highway. However, the staff, the room and everything else were fine. There is a coin-operated laundry for guests. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Approximately 15 min from Neyland stadium parking. Comfortable and clean. Airport noise easily heard but not a busy airport. Closed at night with last flight around 10 pm. Standard breakfast bar with no restaurant on site. Plenty of food choices within one mile (Ex: Ruby Tuesday 2 minute walking distance). Staff friendly and helpful. Vending and ice machines only on first floor. Building is three stories. Ample parking and well lit. Rooms were clean. Great value compared with downtown Knoxville hotels with 2X's the rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends