“Great Staff and Hot”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed on June 25th, 2014 and i was very impressed with the hotel and the amazing staff. I stayed here after a wedding in Gatlinburg and needed to fly out of the Knoxville Airport. Upon arriving at the hotel Laura greeted me and my granddaughter with a big smile as we walked through the door. She was very helpful with getting us a room on the first floor and told us of all the restuarants in the area that was close by. She showed us where the indoor pool was and explained about the complimentary breakfast and the hours. She went out of her way to be very sweet to my granddaughter (who doesn't really like strangers), you can tell that she has children and understands the stuggle of taveling with one. They talked for at least 5 minutes about our adventures while we were in the lobby and it was very nice hear my granddaughter laughing after such a bad day. I have to say that we do not get the oppertunity to travel very often and after the worst experience at our previous hotel i have to say that La Quinta's staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home at their hotel. The room was fresh and clean which impressed me considering that they allow pets. If I ever travel to this area again I will stay at this hotel again. Breakfast was a great experience as well. The food was hot and fresh. I even got to take an apple and a cup of coffee to go.

2  Thank Amanda V

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel has been recently remolded; during the process I stayed there on three occasions and was favorably impressed with how the staff was able to make up for the temporarily inadequate facilities. I have returned four times since the renovations have rendered a modern convenient facility which is kept spotless and fully functional by a very capable and dedicated group of employees. One particular standout is Jim Robbins who provides the complimentary and excellent full breakfast. Jim always gets my day off to a good start with smiles and good humor..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed @ this hotel June 20-22 and I will return from now on. From the time of check-in until check-out I was impressed. Normally I/We stay in Marriott & Choices Hotel chains properties, but I am glad that I didnt. I enjoyed the hotel because....it was very clean, cutomer service was excellent, housekkeping was quick to response, pool indoors (especially good for the grand kids) and the location is excellent. I was very impressed with the breakfast too!!! Everything was hot & tasty. I had some of the best, fresh muffins that I every had before in a hotel. I some of them now for breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will return soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello! Your feedback is most important to us. Thank you for taking the time to point out some of our unique features or our hotel, like our excellent staff, great location, yummy deluxe breakfast, and our fun indoor pool. We take pride in knowing that we can provide a great place to stay while you visit this area. And we know that you have many options to choose from, and you still choose us! Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad you and your family had a very nice time, and we would love to see you and your family again very soon...
Marcedes Long - GM
865.984.9350

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had never stayed at La Quinta before but decided to check it out because I heard frequent advertisements on the radio. I was very impressed with the room and overall appearance. There were no issues and I would not change a thing nor ask for anything more or better!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your stay here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites. We need customers like you to make us successful! We take pride in serving guests like you and truly appreciate the fact that you chose to stay with us! It is important to us to know that you were very satisfied with the accommodations we provided you. Please feel free to stop by and ask for me, if you are in the area. We would love the opportunity for you to stay with us again!
Have a very lovely day!
Marcedes Long - GM
865.984.9350

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed there from Thursday the 19th to Sunday the 22nd. We travel a lot and stay at a lot of LaQuintas, but this was the best stay we can remember. The one thing that stood out was at breakfast each morning. The breakfast clerk Jim Robbins had white rice and miso broth with all the other breakfast items each morning. I have never seen this on a breakfast at any other LaQuinta. This just made the start of each day something to look forward to. We had originally booked our room for only Thursday and Friday night but agreed to stay another night due to looking forward to breakfast the next morning. Also one of the main reasons we booked there was because we received an email of a promotion of double and triple points at certain LaQuintas. This was a triple point one. The asst. mgr. named Annie worked very hard to make sure we got our triple points. The staff there was just great.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was impressed the second I walked in the door. No strange smells, just a lobby. Everything was NEW.
The breakfast area was better then I have experienced in other establishments and the food was pretty good.
The room was better then expected. It was decorated nice with newer linens. The bed was comfortable and the feather pillows were the bonus.
The staff was nice and friendly, good job HR.
I would return.
Many selections of restaurants, but avoid Shooneys, the food is not worth the price.

Room Tip: Well I was located on the 2nd floor near elevator....no problem with my room, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our flight was cancelled last minute after being at the airport for over 8 hours. We rushed across the street to LaQuinta and was greeted by a happy, smiling face, Laura Smith. We explained our situation to Laura, who was very helpful and compassionate. Within minutes she was giving us room keys, explained everything in the area which we might need or want to go to. She was our "ray of sunshine" in a dismal day! Her personality and demeanor was more than welcomed after the stressful day we had. She even apologized for the airline messing up our trip!. It was awesome to stay at a place so warm and inviting, thanks to Laura. If i travel this way again you can be assured I will DEFINITELY stay at LaQuinta. It is a very nice, clean hotel as well. But it the employees such as Laura, that will bring me and my family back! Laura we can't thank you enough!.. See you soon!

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room to stay in!