“We enjoyed our stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My friends and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn while we were in the area to attend the NASCAR race in Bristol. The location was easy to find, but we found that it was a bit difficult to get in/out of the property because of traffic on the main highway. Not the hotels fault that there wasn't a stop light at the intersection.

They were doing some work on the roof (putting on new shingles) when we were there but we only were slightly affected the first day - and that was just manuevering around the parking lot.

Miranda at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. We saw her quite a bit - she checked us in and she checked us out. There was a slight issue with the key cards not working after we checked in, but the problem was resolved right away so it was not an inconvenience.

The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff did a great job on our rooms. We all slept well and didn't have any complaints about the room. We were close to a stairwell, which we liked, because then we didn't have to walk down the hall to an elevator.

The breakfast was good - we enjoyed the fresh fruit and the breakfast sandwiches. There was plenty of seating and we enjoyed visiting with some of the other guests in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and updated this hotel was after just spending the night in the same hotel in Nashville, TN., where I was disappointed at how dated the bathrooms and mattress was..
The Alcoa property had a very comfortable bed and newly renovated bathroom. The staff was very friendly and immediately responded to a suggestion we made upon arrival.
I will be going back to visit the area in the future and will plan on staying here again.
The daily breakfast makes the price a good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Standard Fairfield Inn layout and design. Staff extremely friendly and professional. The treat jar (filled with jelly beans, gummy bears, rice crispy treats) is a nice touch. Breakfast is standard Fairfield Inn fare, and the staff is attentive of keeping everything stocked.

The only downside is that the room seemed quite dated compared to other Fairfield Inns, and the room didn't feel clean. There was a large stain on the chair, and at certain angles, you could see old "stains" on the wall. Fortunately, the bed and linens were clean and fresh.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance (next door) and lots of restaurants within a 5 minute drive. Parking is plentiful and well lighted. The Courtyard down the street looks much newer, but rates are significantly higher. While looks can be deceiving, we may try the Courtyard when we return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adventuretravelernc
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed 1 night with family on our way to final destination. It was about 10 minutes from the main highway, but easy to find since it is located across from the airport and there are signs to direct you there. Although it was off the highway, it was worth the drive. This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. They must use some kind of air freshner, because the smell of clean hit us when we entered the room and the room was clean - even in the corners, which oftentimes are overlooked. Bathroom was mold free and clean. Beds/pillows were very comfortable and the hotel was one of the quietest we've stayed in. No one heard a thing and the air conditioner was even on the quiet side. Pool was small, but typical of what most hotels offer these days and kids will have a blast. The staff was very friendly. Throughout our stay we saw someone sweeping the main areas and mopping the floor. Breakfast was great. Continental without hot options, but plentiful, and they had healthy options instead of pastries/junk. Kashi cereals and fresh and refrigerated cups of fruits. The only thing that could have made it better was if they put a refrigerator/microwave in the room, but their ice machine will keep you cooler items cool. We'll stay here whenever traveling through this area in the future. Side note: The University of TN is a short drive from the hotel and could provide a nice diversion/walk if needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were impressed with the quality and comfort of the beds, and the overall cleanliness of the room. This is a newer hotel and very pleasant. Free breakfast was standard fare, but had a wide variety of choices from cereals, juices, breads, sweet rolls, waffles, etc. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My group had four rooms, and only I had the less than satisfactory experience. There was no maid service. We never used the DND signs. The first night there was a "Sorry we missed you.." note under our door. Usually I just let it go and hope for room service the next day. Second morning I noticed several waterbugs in the final throes of death on the floor. I took some of them to the front desk and asked if they used pesticides in our room; I thought maybe that was why maids didn't enter our room. the manager assured us that was not the case and assured me the rooms would be serviced that day. We left and came back at 2pm because our motorcycle ride got rained out. Again, the "Sorry we missed you..." note. However, after we asked why no room service, it was offered. This and little things..broken water fountain in common area, failure to record our points in the Marriott Rewards program made this place not up to par. Again, the group I was leading did not have this experience; so I was more generous giving three stars. I stay at Marriots a lot, and would almost rate them all 5 stars in all areas.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is one of the nicer hotels in the area. Check in was very pleasant and efficient. Matthew, at the front desk, did an excellent job of making me feel welcomed as a guest. Since I am a Marriott Rewards Member, I asked if it would be possible to get an upgraded room. To my surprise, I was given a suite with a jacuzzi tub. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I found the room clean and well appointed. The bedding was comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. The room was so nice, I really didn't want to check out the next day. If I have to be in the area in the future I will look forward to staying at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business