“Very nice hotel, we will be back”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice hotel, we will be back”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and updated this hotel was after just spending the night in the same hotel in Nashville, TN., where I was disappointed at how dated the bathrooms and mattress was..
The Alcoa property had a very comfortable bed and newly renovated bathroom. The staff was very friendly and immediately responded to a suggestion we made upon arrival.
I will be going back to visit the area in the future and will plan on staying here again.
The daily breakfast makes the price a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Standard Fairfield Inn layout and design. Staff extremely friendly and professional. The treat jar (filled with jelly beans, gummy bears, rice crispy treats) is a nice touch. Breakfast is standard Fairfield Inn fare, and the staff is attentive of keeping everything stocked.

The only downside is that the room seemed quite dated compared to other Fairfield Inns, and the room didn't feel clean. There was a large stain on the chair, and at certain angles, you could see old "stains" on the wall. Fortunately, the bed and linens were clean and fresh.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance (next door) and lots of restaurants within a 5 minute drive. Parking is plentiful and well lighted. The Courtyard down the street looks much newer, but rates are significantly higher. While looks can be deceiving, we may try the Courtyard when we return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adventuretravelernc
Mansfield, OH
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed 1 night with family on our way to final destination. It was about 10 minutes from the main highway, but easy to find since it is located across from the airport and there are signs to direct you there. Although it was off the highway, it was worth the drive. This hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. They must use some kind of air freshner, because the smell of clean hit us when we entered the room and the room was clean - even in the corners, which oftentimes are overlooked. Bathroom was mold free and clean. Beds/pillows were very comfortable and the hotel was one of the quietest we've stayed in. No one heard a thing and the air conditioner was even on the quiet side. Pool was small, but typical of what most hotels offer these days and kids will have a blast. The staff was very friendly. Throughout our stay we saw someone sweeping the main areas and mopping the floor. Breakfast was great. Continental without hot options, but plentiful, and they had healthy options instead of pastries/junk. Kashi cereals and fresh and refrigerated cups of fruits. The only thing that could have made it better was if they put a refrigerator/microwave in the room, but their ice machine will keep you cooler items cool. We'll stay here whenever traveling through this area in the future. Side note: The University of TN is a short drive from the hotel and could provide a nice diversion/walk if needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were impressed with the quality and comfort of the beds, and the overall cleanliness of the room. This is a newer hotel and very pleasant. Free breakfast was standard fare, but had a wide variety of choices from cereals, juices, breads, sweet rolls, waffles, etc. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My group had four rooms, and only I had the less than satisfactory experience. There was no maid service. We never used the DND signs. The first night there was a "Sorry we missed you.." note under our door. Usually I just let it go and hope for room service the next day. Second morning I noticed several waterbugs in the final throes of death on the floor. I took some of them to the front desk and asked if they used pesticides in our room; I thought maybe that was why maids didn't enter our room. the manager assured us that was not the case and assured me the rooms would be serviced that day. We left and came back at 2pm because our motorcycle ride got rained out. Again, the "Sorry we missed you..." note. However, after we asked why no room service, it was offered. This and little things..broken water fountain in common area, failure to record our points in the Marriott Rewards program made this place not up to par. Again, the group I was leading did not have this experience; so I was more generous giving three stars. I stay at Marriots a lot, and would almost rate them all 5 stars in all areas.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ATLANTA
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is one of the nicer hotels in the area. Check in was very pleasant and efficient. Matthew, at the front desk, did an excellent job of making me feel welcomed as a guest. Since I am a Marriott Rewards Member, I asked if it would be possible to get an upgraded room. To my surprise, I was given a suite with a jacuzzi tub. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I found the room clean and well appointed. The bedding was comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. The room was so nice, I really didn't want to check out the next day. If I have to be in the area in the future I will look forward to staying at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank USGOVAGENT
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2011

You can't get too excited about the Fairfiled brand...it's no-frills. However, I can say this property was excellent value, with comfortable beds and pillows, and a very friendly staff. This is an excellent place to stay for a fly-in/out of Knoxville airport. They have an on-demand shuttle, with service within a 2-mile radius. You are literally steps away from Ruby Tuesday and Starbucks. There is also very little airport noise, which is suprising considering it's right across the street.

I would recommend requesting a room facing the Comfort Suites, which is away from the main road, for a quieter stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business