“Nice, but pricey”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Lexington, United States
“Nice, but pricey”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My son and I were in town for the annual football tournament in Knoxville. At the time the reservation was made this was on of the only hotels around with any availability. However, our paying location was changed days before we arrived and we were unable to change our reservation to a closer hotel. The hotel was quite nice, but a bit pricey for a one night stay. I had no issues with the room or staff. I only wish there were a few more breakfast options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TYSAP, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad they were able to find a room for you on short notice. Our free breakfast consists of 3 hot items, hot oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, fresh cut fruit and breads, cereal, hard boiled eggs and more. If there is ever an option not available (let's say you were looking for an omelet instead of biscuits and gravy), just let our breakfast attendant know---we are always able to cook items not normally available that day. Thanks again for the review.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I'm not a Hampton regular but with limited choices by the Knoxville airport, I opted for this one, and I'm glad I did. It's only a mile away, and although I arrived past their shuttle hours, the hotel gladly sent a cab and paid for it. The room was comfortable with a king bed, work desk, easy chair, luggage rack, and shower instead of a bathtub, which I prefer. Only thing I could fault was the excessive use of scented air freshener, but I guess it beats an unpleasant odor. Never heard a single plane. Breakfast offered some healthy choices including pre-made oatmeal and cheese omelets. Shuttle driver back to airport was prompt and courteous. Highly recommended as a convenient pre- or post-flight place to rest.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello,

WOW! Sounds like the perfect stay. Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience, we greatly appreciate it.

Rogersville, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

For consistency Hampton Inn is clearly the best in this price segment. Clean, friendly service, good breakfast. Great location by the airport. We were actually going to Marryville College only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for the review. We are very happy to have two great colleges, Maryville College and University of Tennessee, both within 10-15 minutes of our hotel. Hopefully we'll see you next time!

Thanks again,

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had to be in the Knoxville area so stayed at this Hampton as it was close to the people I was meeting with. I requested a quite side room as I always do. But they had assigned me a room facing the hi way and air port. They did move me but it took longer then it should have. Then I had to take a floor I did not really want. The room was quite enough but would have preferred my floor of choice. The breakfast was a little less then you would expect at a Hampton. SO the best I can give it is a so so.

Room Tip: Except in summer ask for a room over looking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TYSAP, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Some hotels would be happy with a "OK" rating, but we strive to live up to our brand name and our number 1 rating here on TripAdvisor. We do fulfill all of our guests' special room requests, when possible. In your specific case, we were not able to fulfill both the floor and specific location requested at the same time and our Guest Service Agent made the choice to place you on your desired floor rather than the location. Thank you for bringing this to my attention because I can now train our staff to work with guests during check-in to determine what is most important if their initial request is not possible. Constructive reviews like these are great because we can learn from them and keep improving our level of service. Thanks again for staying and I hope we will see you again; I know we can exceed your expectations.

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel was attractive and the guest rooms ample. Free internet access is a big plus as well as the very good complimentary breakfast, I stayed in two Hampton Inns and was pleased that the second offered complimentary transportation to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Hello,

Thanks for staying with us! I just wanted to let you know that our breakfast is getting better and better all the time. We are in the process of adding (or already have added) Gluten-free cereal, turkey sausages and fresh cut fruit (cut on-site!). Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you again soon!

Bremen, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here just for one night with a group of HS marching band students and loved it! Will definitely go back if in the area again. Close to airport and lots of restaurants. The Italian restaurant across the street was excellent too. Fresh coffee and fresh out of the oven cookies in the lobby that night made for a perfect stay. Breakfast was good as well

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

We enjoyed having the band at the hotel and are glad to hear everyone had a great stay. The students were so well behaved and the chaperons did a great of keeping it all together. We would love to see everyone again next year!

Thanks again,
Alcoa, TN, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for Saturday and Sunday nights during a long-weekend getaway. Room was clean, staff was very courteous. Close to airport but the room was very quiet. Excellent experience, we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for sharing part of your getaway with us. We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!