“Do not eat at the hotel restaruant, Cooper's.”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We decided to grab an early lunch before our flight. My advice is to wait until you get to the airport. There was a sandwich bar available for $9.95. There were 4 in our party. We ordered three coffees and a coke to drink. My water glass had lipsick on the rim . . . gross. The coffee was burnt. I wasn't very hungry so I ordered strawberry cake. One of the other gals ordered strawberry cake as well. Her huband wanted a club sandwich and the apple crisp pie. We were informed that they were out of apple crisp, so he said, ok, I'll have the French silk pie. The last member of our party ordered the blackened chicken with broccoli. Then we waited . . . and waited. We were informed that there was only one piece of strawberry cake left. We said ok, just bring us one piece and we'll share. Well, the French silk pie was frozen, and not ready to be served. We said, that's ok, just don't send it. The club sandwich was ok. The waitress dropped the backened chicken, so we had to wait for the second preparation. The chicken was ok . . . but came with squash rather than broccoli. My friend hates squash. NOT worth the time or price. I wish we would have gone to the waffle house down the road or waited for airport food.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank swisecar
AlcoaRooms, Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your comments, as they help us to see areas where we need to improve. I am very sorry about the problems you experienced, and I will investigate with our food and beverage department to make sure future guests do not experience the same problem.

Candace Selecman
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is a great hotel for the business traveler. The staff are friendly and took great care of me. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. If you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you though. You can hear the planes taking off.

Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank broahrig
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2010

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed March 28, 2010

This places was horrible! There was no baseboard by the window; our first night there there was a horrible draft coming from where the carpet met the air conditioner. How did they fix it? Duct tape! The showerhead was rusty; you can hear your neighbor unzip their suitcase! Pool was cold, all the business people hung out in the bar in the evening and caused so much noise we couldn't sleep. Not to mention it's in the middle of nowhere. If you have to go and are looking for a place to hang out during the day, I recommend the Turkey Creek shopping center about 20 minutes away. My husband's going back next month for business, but we won't be making the trip with him even though it's free.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank JBlueEyezGrl3
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your comments,as they help us to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I will investigate and take action to make sure future guests do not experience these problems.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

If you have a late night arrival or early morning departure from Knoxville's McGhee-Tyson Airport, there is no more convenient choice than staying at the Hilton Knoxville Airport hotel. The hotel is a 2-3 minute walk from the baggage claim / ground transport level of the airport, via a covered walkway. Hint: take the doors to the south end of the baggage claim level to access the covered walkway.
Both check-in and check-out were very quick and efficient. I was on my way to my room within 30 seconds of arriving at the hotel, using the Zip-In check in service Hilton offers.
As a Hilton Honors gold level member, I was given a room overlooking the hotel atrium on the sixth floor. The room is very good sized. With an AAA rate of $134 per night, plus free wireless and Gold level free breakfast at the executive lounge, this hotel was an excellent value for an airport hotel. The only observations about the rooms were that I heard the phone ring in the room next door and the occupant answer it, then heard no more. The bathroom is relatively tiny. The plug on the work desk faces the outside wall and is hard to see due to poor light. However, all of those are in my view minor annoyances for a very convenient location and good value.
The executive lounge was staffed by a very friendly, very efficient receptionist / concierge / hostess. The food selection was typical hotel buffet breakfast, which is certainly adequate. I would put the buffet on par with a Hampton Inn level buffet.
Overall, certainly a good choice for a stay after a late arrival or prior to an early departure. The hotel is also convenient for business in Maryville and Alcoa.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. We appreciate your business, and hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed December 12, 2009

Nice Hilton-standard hotel that's right next to the airport. Clean and large rooms, flat-screen TV and free wireless are nice too. Best feature, of course, is the free parking which is great for long trips ($8/day for a small airport in the economy lot is simply highway robbery.)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2009

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport! We appreciate your business, and hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2009

older Hilton member just next to the airport. Good rates (priceline), free parking, very nice staff!
Some of the rooms (ours!) face the inner yard what I generally disliked even I know this might be personal (I think windows should be opened to circulate air or for emergency purpose).

Also the design of the pool is a bit strange (jungle landscape in otherwise empty hall).
Anyway good for overnight stay or conference!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank joe1968
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2009

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville!

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Having read the reviews on this website, I decided to try this hotel. It is in a very convenient location, about 50 or so yards from the front door of the Knoxville Airport. I could actually see the runway from my window. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. Our flight arrived at 8:37AM and they were able to accommodate an early check-in, as well as a few other special request.

We ate breakfast in the hotels restaurant, which was a pretty good value. We also had a few drinks at the hotels bar. We found the service to be friendly and outgoing. The rooms were large in size, and the beds....oh so comfortable! They offered complementary Wifi, and the rooms had new 37" flat screen hd tv's.

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and its location. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our early arrival and special request. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will definately return again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2009

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#19 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!