“Much better looking on the inside”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My adult kids had a very early flight out Sunday morning and they had a very comfortable stay at the Hilton Airport. I stayed the next night for the same reason and it was perfect. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I even got to catch up with Game of Thrones on HBO on a very large modern LG Flat Screen Television. The linen on the bed was very clean and crisp. The bathroom had many complimentary shower supplies. The bath towels were large and seemed new. It was raining the morning I left and I was able to stay dry the entire short walk under cover from the hotel to the door of the Knoxville Airport. I will absolutely stay there if my travel ever takes me back to Knoxville TN.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for the review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your business, and I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Spent two nights here on a business trip to Knoxville. Location is great, literally walk to the hotel from the airport. Check in was so-so...front desk clerk was overloaded with check-ins, including a problem, as well as several phone calls. When I got there the clerk was both professional and gracious, but she neglected to mention how to get to the elevators. Arrived in the room on the Executive Level and found one of the complimentary bathrobes on the closet floor, the hair dryer still outside its bag and the waste basket liners cracked and ill fitting. There were two items that were not vacuumed up off the floor both days I was there. Service in the lounge was excellent on both evenings, Patricia was most gracious, engaging and accommodating. An ok stay, but really below the level I have come to expect from Hilton. Some attention to detail is definitely in order here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the problems you experienced at check in and with housekeeping in your room. I will take action to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had a 6:00am departure flight, so I decided to stay the night before at this Hilton location. Hotel staff is very pleasant and the rooms were very well kept and seemed updated (compared to the old looking exterior). My room was very clean and comfortable. No airport noise issues, even with it being located 50 yards from the terminal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for the review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Enjoyed the hotel. We Have stayed there before, its always pleasant. Very friendly Staff and a clean, well kept facility. The stay and park feature is a real bonus! It does not get much better than this for a hotel. Its location right next to the airport is unbeatable. Stay and Park saves you time and money, especially when your trip is a week or two, saving you $10.00 a day for parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the Stay and Park feature. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our conference was held at the Hilton, which is walking distance from the airport. The Hilton also provided a shuttle. Many things impressed me about the Hilton from the friendliness of every staff member to the meals. The hotel also boasts a beautiful indoor waterfall pool and a grotto hot tub. It has a decent fitness center too, which isn't mentioned in some of the ads.

I appreciated the small gift store, lounge and restaurant. The hotel is kept spotless by a staff that works around the clock. Surprisingly airport noise wasn't a problem because it is a small airport.

This would be a great deal for someone flying out early or bumped from their flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us including our great location connected to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal, indoor pool, fitness room, and friendly staff !! I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight to the islands, The front desk staff were great and very friendly. Got us checked in quickly and off to our room. This is what was disappointing. Room was very clean but for a Hilton property seemed very worm and not modern. The heating unit was noisy and bathroom was so small nor appealing. OK so I was using my point to stay here but you would figure they would get you in a room that looked like it had been remodeled in the last decade. We had drinks at the bar which was awesome and staff friendly especially the bartender but his name slips my memory. (Jim, John something common.)

We would stay here again as it is very convenient to the airport. Staff and service is great but will ask for different room next time should we walk into one like the one we stayed in this time. I know they would have probably done it this time and my fault for not asking to be moved.

Note to everyone, seems they are VERY strict on following the law for ID's in the area so have one everywhere you go in the area including restaurants near airport. Make sure it is valid and not expired, you will be denied service if not valid as my wife was who is 61. Seem the local sheriff gets a bit carried away with busting places sending people in with expired license and such.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room since they seemed nicer. Could be wrong but it appeared so when passing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and great staff, and I appreciate your input on the condition of the room. We will begin a fantastic renovation of all areas of the hotel in the next few months in order to exceed our guest's expectation on every future visit! Thank you for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was looking or a hotel room near the airport so I could make it onto a flight leaving at an ungodly, predawn hour. A great room with free parking during my vacation and a covered walkway just steps to the airport?! Shut up and take my money!!! A nice hotel. A comfortable bed. A quiet space. Easy access to the airport. Why go anywhere else?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us soon.