“Friendly Staff Sure to Please”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Noblesville, Indiana
“Friendly Staff Sure to Please”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our conference was held at the Hilton, which is walking distance from the airport. The Hilton also provided a shuttle. Many things impressed me about the Hilton from the friendliness of every staff member to the meals. The hotel also boasts a beautiful indoor waterfall pool and a grotto hot tub. It has a decent fitness center too, which isn't mentioned in some of the ads.

I appreciated the small gift store, lounge and restaurant. The hotel is kept spotless by a staff that works around the clock. Surprisingly airport noise wasn't a problem because it is a small airport.

This would be a great deal for someone flying out early or bumped from their flight.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us including our great location connected to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal, indoor pool, fitness room, and friendly staff !! I hope you have another opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight to the islands, The front desk staff were great and very friendly. Got us checked in quickly and off to our room. This is what was disappointing. Room was very clean but for a Hilton property seemed very worm and not modern. The heating unit was noisy and bathroom was so small nor appealing. OK so I was using my point to stay here but you would figure they would get you in a room that looked like it had been remodeled in the last decade. We had drinks at the bar which was awesome and staff friendly especially the bartender but his name slips my memory. (Jim, John something common.)

We would stay here again as it is very convenient to the airport. Staff and service is great but will ask for different room next time should we walk into one like the one we stayed in this time. I know they would have probably done it this time and my fault for not asking to be moved.

Note to everyone, seems they are VERY strict on following the law for ID's in the area so have one everywhere you go in the area including restaurants near airport. Make sure it is valid and not expired, you will be denied service if not valid as my wife was who is 61. Seem the local sheriff gets a bit carried away with busting places sending people in with expired license and such.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room since they seemed nicer. Could be wrong but it appeared so when passing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and great staff, and I appreciate your input on the condition of the room. We will begin a fantastic renovation of all areas of the hotel in the next few months in order to exceed our guest's expectation on every future visit! Thank you for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was looking or a hotel room near the airport so I could make it onto a flight leaving at an ungodly, predawn hour. A great room with free parking during my vacation and a covered walkway just steps to the airport?! Shut up and take my money!!! A nice hotel. A comfortable bed. A quiet space. Easy access to the airport. Why go anywhere else?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us soon.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Accommodating, comfortable and clean. Love that they put more than two pillows on each bed! The breakfast in the restaurant is a good value. Very comfortable lounge area. Dinner was very tasty. Easy check out process.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2014

So close I was able to drop the rental car off and walk across the street. Then walk down the path to the airport in the morning - nice and easy. The restaurant was very nice with great service, and a nice way to end a week long business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Alcoa, Tennessee
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I arrived for an overnight stay for an early flight in the morning. We went down for a drink as a registered guest with our room key available and the barman asked for ID. Both my Wife and I are well over 60! I had my ID and my wife left hers in the room and she was refused a drink. The only way was to go back up five floors to the room to get her ID. This was part of the ridicules Tennessee law we are told. This just meant us not spending any money in their bar as I was not going to travel up 5 floor to get an ID when we were clearly over 21.

It was even worse when the bar man decided to enter into a verbal war with me saying "even if you had ID if it were out of date, I would still not serve you". What relevance had this to the matter so why did he need to say this? It became worse from there on and I subsequently suggested to the management that he needs to be educated in how not to "row" with paying customers.

I will never stay at this hotel again and even as a Hilton Honors client I will never stay in a Hilton hotel again. They need a system not to inconvenience their registered paying guests in this way.

I have lived in Tennessee for some 14 years and 10 years before this in California so they need to sort their guest services out in Tennessee better then this. We buy liquor in the package store in Knoxville and they never ID us. Why as a register guest can you not get a beer?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to being asked for your id when ordering a drink in our Landings Lounge. Our bartender was following hotel policy, as we ask everyone for a valid id when ordering drinks. This is not an unusual policy in Tennessee, as other restaurants and retail outlets that sell alcohol do the same thing in order to abide by the law. I will counsel our staff member on how to appropriately address this issue with future guests. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time you have an early flight out of Knoxville!
Greenback, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I had a very pleasant experience at the Hilton as we celebrated Valentine's Day. From our Dinner at Cooper's to the bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries & cookies delivered to our room, it was a memoriable night that far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport! I am glad that your Valentine's Day stay with us far exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us again soon.