“Nice property, but loud, dated room”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Beach Park, United States
“Nice property, but loud, dated room”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The property was nice, with typical Hilton amenities. The heating/air conditioning unit was the noisiest I've ever encountered. There was no low fan option, and so when the heater ran it was so noisy the tv could not be heard. I will choose another property on my next stay in Knoxville.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the noisy hvac unit. This is totally unacceptable to me, and I will take action to make sure this issue is corrected and does not happen again. Thanks for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you travels bring you to Knoxville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although this hotel is extremely convenient being so close (within 2 minutes walking distance) from the airport terminal, it is unfortunately run down and definitely needs a renovation.
I found the rooms outdated and not in the best upkeep. Fixtures etc were worn and some broken.
The beds weren't that comfortable and felt overused.
For a Hilton, this was disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback, and want to assure you that we are constantly striving to improve our hotel.
We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve upon them. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville!
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Let me start by saying I did not pick this Hilton as I usually pre read reviews and try to not stay at any airport hotel. However, I had to attend a work meeting and the hotel was choosen for me. Yes, many reviews are correct, it was convienent, so when sharing cars with co workers, I was able to walk to the hotel from the airport not, wait for others to arrive. That's where anything decent ends. The front desk staff was like any other Hilton, and the lobby presents reburbished but dated. The elevators were painfully slow, and loud. The carpet around the elevator was disgusting and dirty. My room smells like a refugee camp and again, while presented nice once you looked past that you could see dirt, mildew on the curtains, the curtains appeared to have been in exsistance when it was a smoking room hotel, a gross carpet etc.The bathroom is old and needed more than cleaning and the walls are paper thin. I am still currently checked into this hotel and if I were traveling solo I would absolutly check out and find something different. Nice try Hilton, but you need more than smoke and mirrors to be a truely nice hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient and apologize for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you very much for your business!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Average hotel. Stayed at previous Hiltons, and this one is not quite as nice as the others. Needs some renovations. Nice staff. Felt it was a little overpriced for the accommodations that they offer. Will stay again for our anniversary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bcable21, Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. We are constantly looking for ways we can improve a guest experience with us. We are currently looking into renovation this year, and your comments about your stay will help us with that process. We do look forward to you staying with us during your next anniversary trip, and please feel free to contact the hotel if we can be of any service.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Been staying here for years bc my parents from fla choose this place every christmas when they visit. We live a 1/2 hr away so we stay with them at this hotel every xmas. The issues; guest rooms are extremely dirty. Cobwebs in corners and on ceiling. Cobwebs and dust on vents, ducts, bathroom towel bars and racks. This visit now makes for the 2nd time I've seen blood splatter in the bathroom. This time on shower curtain, last time was on wall below vanity. The restaurant staff is incredibly slow and 9 times out of 10 cant seem to get your order right. They always blame it on the cooks tho, its never their fault. Ive gone down to the restaurant at 10pm with not one other person in the restaurant, ordered a rare cheeseburger and still waited a half hour for it. The cook actually came out looking for the server to get the food bc she had dissapeared somewhere. Thats another issue. You walk in and dont get acknowledged or sat to a table for up to 10minutes sometimes, even when they are slow. Which is quite often. Living so close, I can tell you, this hilton always has an ad in the paper for help but everytime I come here its the same incompetent, confused people. Im actually sitting here in the restaurant now getting more aggravated and angry as I'm forced to relieve the crappy things about this hotel that I don't want to say anymore. Plus I want my bill I've been waiting 20 minutes for. The waitress will probably blame that on the cooks, too. Bottom line, I stay here only cause its free with my parents but I would recommend the hampton inn or garden inn down the road. Even the days inn has got to be better.

• Stayed December 2013
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with our guest rooms and the service in our restaurant. This is totally unacceptable to me, and I will take action to make sure it does not happen again. We have a very stable and competent staff here (do not have to advertise in the local paper) and I am very confident future visits will meet your expectations. Thank you very much for your business!
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed December 20, 2013

You know how when traveling surprises crop up, whether you are looking for them or not? Well, the restaurant at this Hilton was one of those rare but pleasant discoveries on a busy business trip.

Warning: If you are looking for fancy, upscale, "shi-shi" food, stop. Turn around, move on. It won't be held against you. However, if you travel as much as the author of this review, and just sometimes miss home cooking, or even food better than at home, I got your back.

The lunch buffet is so reasonable one at first wonders what will actually be served, but be prepared, and wear your loose pants. After day one I turned around and ate there the next day. Much of the food is prepared from scratch right there, from staff who have been there in time measured in decades, not years. Fresh cooked greens, carrot and pineapple salad made there, not from a Sysco tub. And bless me, fried green tomatoes. Yup, the real deal. But save room for creamed corn the staff creates, rolls and cornbread baked on site, and ham salad on the buffet that is made, oh yes, right there from scratch.

Did I mention the carved roast sirloin and ham, sometime turkey, and that the menu changes every day? They even do their own chicken wings. While all this is superb, what really was the final straw for my taste buds was the sherry creamed mushrooms. I travel and eat all over the country, and would challenge ANY top-rated steakhouse with these mushrooms. Not joking, this blend of various types rough cut mushrooms was the best I have EVER had, anywhere, any time. They aren't always there (remember, the menu varies every day) but do yourself a favor if they are there and try them.

Come hungry and don't count calories. And although I missed it, I hear the strawberry shortcake is made from fresh strawberries and the cake is baked right there, top with real whipped cream. Guess I will just have to go back next time I am in the area. Oh darn.

The property is a bit older, but about to get a re-do. The staff is great, and the concierge room is open until...get this....11:00 p.m. So if your flight is late and you drag in hungry, they are there for you. I had some peel and eat shrimp, coconut shrimp, lots of fruit and veggies, and they had some mighty fine looking chicken quesadillas. The ladies up there are gracious and take good care of you.

As a frequent guest of this brand, this may be one of my favorite properties- not for its slick glamor, but for the staff dedicated to being true hosts, with the goal of making their guests feel cared for and at home.

Room Tip: The king room was larger than many; I like being away from the center of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the great food and service you received from our restaurant, Cooper's. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Just a 2 minute walk from the airport and you are there. If convenience is what you are looking for then search no farther. If it's a contemporary feel with modern amenities you seek..... Keep looking.

Carpet was old and dirty, the fixtures dated and worn and other than the flat panel TV, you would think you were staying in a roadside motel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenience to the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal via a covered walkway. As far as room decor and amenities, we are constantly striving to improve our guest experience. We will begin a major renovation in early 2014 which will result in our hotel being the finest in Knoxville and exceeding our guests expectations! Thank you very much for your business, and I do hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.