“Dirty Room, Unfriendly staff”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will hesitate before coming back to this location. The staff was very business like, just getting tasks done, but impersonal. No smiles & not welcoming at all, despite the fact that I'm a Hilton frequent customer. Then I get to a hot room where the furniture & carpet feel humid. The furniture was not clean, nor were the bathroom floors under the sink.

1  Thank Nicole W
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I want to apologize for the poor service and condition of your guest room. This is unacceptable to me, and I will take immediate action to make sure it does not occur again. I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very handy location, an easy stroll from the airport. Nice and quiet, friendly staff. Never had time to frequent the Bar but it always looked like a good place to have a drink. Would stay there again for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our convenient location only a short walk from the Knoxville McGhee Tyson airport terminal. Thank you for your business and I hope you choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Knoxville Airport Hilton this past July. The hotel is very nice with a pretty atrium and bar. The room was nice and very clean. I was concerned about airplane noise, but apparently there are not too many flights out of Knoxville, so noise was not an issue. The carpet had some stains and looks a little old. New carpet would improve the look of the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Thank Donald L. W

Thank you for the review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback on the carpet in your room, and I will take action to correct this issue immediately. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

They had a forestry service group here getting ready for departure to ...well out west. They only had one working elevator and the rooms are old. The are apparently upgrading but the room was still average. I was able to hear the conversation going on in the room next door, since this is an older hotel I guess soundproofing is not at what you may expect from a more modern hotel. It took 10 minutes to get to the room because...well a few hundred others and me trying to use the one elevator. The room was okay but the A/C leaked onto the floor. Like I said it's an older hotel. The lobby is beautiful and lots of open space. The location for those of you flying out of TYS is perfect. you can literally just walk to the terminal under a covered walkway..big plus. I guess price is the factor here. If you get a good rate and your flying out the next day ...waaaay good. If you want to save a few bucks and drive in to the airport then chose a cheaper and just ...nicer property off 129. Front desk staff was great, but kitchen staff a little grumpy, but then they were having to deal with all the firefighters.

2  Thank steve p
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I would like to apologize for the long wait on the elevator, as we did have a large group of firefighters who were headed to fight some difficult fires out west. Thanks for your business, and I hope you choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great place to stay, nice room, quite. Very helpful staff. Food it great. Executive Floor, is where I always stay... Very nice place, if you need anything just ask them they will be right there with, it close to airport. You can park and leave your car at hotel until your return flight at no charge. Wonder all around

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for your business, and I hope you choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Awesome hotel!! Would come againg. Loved to watch the planes take off and the noise was minimal. Nice staff at this hotel!! Loved the gift shop!! Never need a gift shop before but maybe other sites have them too. The pool was great and one that I could find that was in doors so that was a nice feature! I loved my stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for the nice review on the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the business, and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I attended a business meeting at the Hilton Airport in Alcoa. The meeting room was adequate with poor lighting and frigid temperatures as seems to be the case with many hotel meeting rooms. Check in was slow as there was only one person working the front desk and it took over 10 minutes to check in the person in front of me. The room was also frigid when I opened the door the first time with the thermostat set at 60F. Staff was personable. This hotel has seen it's better days and is showing it's age. Food quality was very average and not what is expected at a Hilton. This hotel is not what one would expect from a Hilton and is more like a 2 or 3 star hotel.
The hotel is very convenient for those flying into or out of the airport.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are particular advantages to any rooms.