“Okay place to stay, not great.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Knoxville Airport

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
“Okay place to stay, not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Hilton is near the Knoxville Airport. It is kind of hard to get in and out of. Pluses include the pool, hot tub, bar and size of the rooms. Minuses include size of the hot tub, prices at the restaurant, but mostly how thin the walls are in the room. We could hear hallway and next room noise pretty easily. It was a good motel for the price we paid ($40+points) as an HHonors member, but I would not have paid the $114 for the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug M
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the hallway noise, and assure you that I will investigate this issue so I can take action to prevent it in the future. I appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
nottm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

we stayed overnight after a long haul flight ,the staff are friendlyand helpful we asked if we could have a fridge and one was in our room within five minutes, the room clean and tidy ,and breakfast was good 10/10 for pot of tea

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville!
Hindman, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the beginning & end of our family vacation. Convenient to park n' fly. Appreciated water delivered to room upon arrival our 2nd night, after a long day of dehydrated air travel.
Hotel is dated. Rooms ok, but bathrooms desperately need rehab. Bathrooms have no ventilation, clogged tub drain, rusty shower curtain rod, stained cloth curtains, beat mirror trim, and mold on ceilings. Inside rooms face atrium... one night was a loud bar crowd, both nights it was hard to regulate thermostat, due to room facing enclosed atrium... was stuffy.
For what we got, felt we paid twice what it should cost.
Cooper's restaurant was good. Ate dinner once & breakfast twice. But, breakfast buffet is torn down at 10:30, so don't expect it to be there til 11am, as advertised.
We live 3 hours drive from airport, so need to stay when fly. We will probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DonnaLMT
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I do want to apologize for the condition of your bathroom, and I will take action to correct these issues and make sure future guests do not have the same experience. I appreciate your business, and hope you will choose us again the next time you fly out of Knoxville!
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our experience the morning of our checkout was enough to bring down our rating.

Just after 8 a.m., the hotel shut down the water with no warning to customers though the desk clerk admitted having a 15-minute advanced notice. The hotel was sparsely occupied, and it seems that at least a robo call to rooms' voice mail might have been noted. Although the water was off only about 15 minutes, the clerk who answered my phone call was expecting about 30 minutes. Naturally the hotel could not anticipated problems with the plumbing a day ahead of time, but no effort at all was made to warn customers. Fortunately, even though I was left with a head of shampoo, I was not trying to rush to the airport for an early flight. Management seemed extremely cavalier about the whole episode.

We visited the bar for one drink the day before our flight out and the evening of our return flight. The first bartender was fine, but the second one was inattentive (mixing up our order) and patronizing, addressing elderly customers as "Hon."

The airport Hilton is convenient for early and late flights, but the attitude of the staff was very disappointing. Many other hotels are nearby and offer airport transportation and free parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vcv
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize for the problem with the water. We had an emergency leak occur and had to shut off the water for 15 minutes. I am sorry that the staff did not inform you of the upcoming shut off, and I will take action to make sure that never happens again. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Okay, maybe not quite the 70's...but this place is seriously dated. I tried this hotel because of a Priceline deal. I initially felt that I had gotten a good deal at 40 percent off the rack rate. Well that simply caused me to feel less ripped off but in no way pleased with this place. This is a two star hotel that happens to have a lobby, bar and restaurant. It may have been three stars about 25 years ago.

The hotel has only a couple of redeeming qualities: First, it is literally next to the airport. You can walk. Of course my window overlooking runways meant for listening to jets taxi all night. The other thing is that parking is free so long as you dont use valet.

Otherwise this place is worn out and offers no sense of a business class hotel whatsoever. Rooms are plain and beat up. Fixtures are old. One available outlet in the entire room. Slow internet. Small cramped bathroom with paint chipping off the door and stains on the shower curtain.

Staff were friendly albeit rather amateur...but then again the hotel is in Alcoa Tennessee so one can't expect big city professionals.

Overall, the only thing that would save this place is a multimillion dollar renovation. And that isnt going to happen.

The Marriott Courtyard nearby is the same price but much newer and nicer. There is also a Hilton Garden Inn next to a cluster of restaurants. It isn't as close to the airport but it is also a newer hotel (likely less expensive) and seems to also have been recently built. I will stay at one of these others next time - better value and better rooms.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank ATLDawg
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I appreciate the feedback, and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are continually updating the hotel, and also responding to our guests, having recently increased the bandwidth of our complimentary internet service, and installed a much more robust and guest friendly television line up. Your input will be used in our next renovation to ensure we maintain a very business class hotel environment. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for one night. My room was clean, modern, and very nice.

The check-in staff on duty was very nice and helpful.

I accidentally booked a smoking room, but my room didn't smell like smoke at all.

I really enjoyed the proximity to the airport. It was my last night in the Knoxville area, so I was able to check in, return my rental car, and walk back to the hotel.

I didn't have to worry about catching my early flight the next morning since the hotel is an easy 3 minute walk away from the airport terminal! The walkway between the hotel and terminal is also covered in case of rain.

The restaurant inside the hotel, Cooper's, is a little pricey, but my food was hot and tasty.

The plane noise wasn't too bothersome to me (I'm an aviation enthusiast anyway,) but if you're a very light sleeper, you may want to consider another hotel property. Plane movements didn't stop until about 11 pm.

The nightly rates are also very reasonable.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, and I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Wesley Chapel, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Super location, just a walk from the terminal. Steve, manager, was most gracious and checked us in quickly. We used a HH Points + $40. Great deal for a last minute booking due to a canceled UAX flight. The stay allowed us to park for free in the Hilton lot while on a Christmas trip to Germany. We are HH Gold so were able to enjoy the HH Club room on the top floor. The ladies were friendly and helpful with the fussy coffee machine. The hotel offers a courtesy car should you be at TYS without a vehicle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReisenAl
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, including the super location (connected to the Knoxville airport terminal by a covered walkway!) and free parking. We just added more bandwidth for our complimentary wireless internet and changed our TV lineup...it now features over 90 channels including 30 HD channels! I do hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#22 of 87 in Knoxville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,110 reviews

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!