“Good airport hotel”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Crossville, Tennessee
“Good airport hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice hotel right on airport property. Room decor is a bit dated and more attention to detail would be appreciated. Lights were either unplugged which meant moving furniture to plug them in and one lamp was missing the light bulb. The tv remote was the wrong one for the tv but a call to front desk promptly delivered the correct one. It seems as though the time has come to replace the carpeting in the halls and the rooms. Will stay again when flying out of Knoxville and hope to see that updates to the hotel have taken place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate the feedback, and want to apologize for the issues with the lighting and tv remote control. I will take action to make sure that does not happen again. We are continually updating the hotel, and will continue to do so in the future. Thanks for your business, and I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My expectations for airport hotels is not positive. The Hilton at Knoxville's airport jumped ahead of my expectations. The room (all be it dated) was spacious, huge desk & nice desk chair - working wifi and good Business Center. Best news - it was quiet!
I had late lunch at Cooper's, the in-house restraurant and was very surprised! Home-made soup, and nice salad bar. Great value for the cost.
Executive level; was nice courtesy. The space is large, only 1 TV so not too noisey. The hotels provided nice treats (lite dinner), and nice breakfast. Staff was cordial - southern hospitality.
This hotel is just down the main drive from the airport terminal entrance - easy walk.

Room Tip: Decor is dated, but clean. For an airport I would definitely stay here again as it is convenient.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, and I hope you stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice older Hilton property built for the Knoxville Worlds Fair and has been well maintained. The rooms are good size and the service and food meets Hilton's high standards. It is on the same property as the airport and its a very short (covered) walk to the terminal. Turn in your rental a day early and enjoy a nice evening relaxing.

• Stayed October 2012
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the covered walkway from the hotel to the Knoxville airport terminal very convenient. I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Atlanta
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family stayed here for one night and it was a pleasant stay for the most part. Upon check in, the clerk gave us a parking pass & we were instructed to put it on our dash. It states on there that it must be displayed or your car will be towed at owner's expense. We stayed on the Executive level (6th floor) and we had to use our key to swipe to get to that level. The clerk let us know about the lounge immediately. The Executive Lounge is complimentary for guests staying on that floor and we did take advantage of that. I would like to see the lounge open for more hours though. It's open for breakfast til 10 and open from I believe 4-7 in the late afternoon/early evening. I was under the impression that it was open all the time. Not a huge deal though. I thought the decor was fine throughout the hotel. Not sure why other reviewers make such a big deal about it. The internet connection is poor. I would like to see that improved. The size of our room (2 double beds) seemed adequate. Nice flat-screened tv. Everything seemed very clean. The mattresses seemed a bit too firm and pillows too soft. As other reviewers have said the water in the shower is an issue and raised a concern for me and my family. Hot, scalding water would come out of the shower head every few minutes. That def needs to be fixed. The pool area was very nice...my kids really enjoyed it. Overall, a nice place to stay! Would def stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a few of the runway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I would like to apologize for the issue with the internet service and the shower water temp. I have ordered more bandwidth, so the internet issue will not happen again. And, I will meet with my Chief Engineer to discuss the shower water temp...we will take action to correct that issue as well. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Hilton had some good points and bad points. Good points included the location that is immediately adjacent to the terminal (i.e. walking distance), yet I didn't hear any jet noise in my room that faced the interior atrium. The rooms are spacious, too, even with 2 double beds. Also, on the executive floor, the hotel placed 2 awesome fluffy white robes. The beds were not the latest Hilton beds, but I found it comfortable. The interior decor is a little dated, but it works okay. I also had a good pork tenderloin dinner in the restaurant, although I expected more apple flavor from the Calvados liquer that was supposedly used in making the sauce.

The bad parts for me started with the wireless internet connection that was totally unacceptable. While the speed showed an 11 mpbs connection, it clearly overloaded with bandwidth demands during the day and early evenings. I could barely use my company's Outlook email or other business applications, as opening any document larger than 50k would get held up downloading. The second problem was the shower. The shower head needed replacement, as several of the nozzles were severely clogged. Then, it seemed that the shower doesn't have an equalizer to prevent wide swings in temperature. I had a difficult time rinsing the shampoo from my hair, as I had to continually move out from blasts of hot water. Finally, while the parking is free, no one asked if I was parking nor mentioned that I needed a pass to display on the dashboard to prevent my vehicle from being towed. I found a nasty note from the hotel on my second morning, warning me that my vehicle would be towed if I continued to park in the lot without a pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing into the atrium, unless you have children who might enjoy a view of the airpor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback, as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I want to sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced with our complimentary wireless internet, the shower head, and the parking pass. I will review these issues with my Executive team and take action to make sure the issues are corrected so that future guests do not experience them. Thanks for your business, and I hope you choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.
New York
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just came back from our second trip to Knoxville in a year. Both times we stayed at the Airport Hilton. A short covered walkway separates the hotel from the airport. Internet and parking are free, which is not always the case with Hilton. And it's great to be next to the airport the night before your flight. Each time we saved a day's car rental fee, because you can return the car the night before if you rent from one of the half dozen companies with an airport location. There is a reasonably priced restaurant in the hotel lobby, which makes getting ready for your morning flight incredibly easy. Employees are pleasant and the room was immaculate. For about $100 a night, this is a real Hilton bargain.

Room Tip: We had an ugly view of the parking lot. Don't know if other rooms are any better but you could a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will stay with us again soon!
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Parking is a little confusing. The hotel has a bar and indoor pool. The rooms are nice but the fixtures are a little dated. The airport is within walking distance. Status members are on a private floor but he other benefits like langue with free food but pay by the drink bar were not mentioned.

• Stayed September 2012
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!