“Very Nice Indeed”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed January 14, 2008

Really a very nice little hotel for the business or family traveler. My room and the public areas were clean and up-to-date. Easy access to rental car returns and the airport--both just steps away. I had a very pleasant dinner in the restaurant on site. The menu is not overly ambitious, and they did a good job preparing what I ordered. Plus, the server was extra pleasant, and I felt very comfortable as a single woman traveler. My bed was fabulous, and I never heard a plane. The pool looked fun, with a little waterfall. Just a very nice overall set-up for someone who needs access to the Knoxville airport.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed December 4, 2007

It's right at the airport and we had a room facing the runway. Luckily it's not a busy airport. When it's quiet you can here the the occasional plane, but it's not loud enough to disturb sleep. The room was large, the beds were comfortable. The indoor pool was a little small, but the waterfalls made up for it.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank GJY
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I just needed to stay here over night to catch a flight the next morning. When I arrived to my room - the toilet was making a weird noise and i noticed the bathroom was somewhat flooded. So i had to switch rooms. After that, everything was fine. Its not spectacular but its not terrible. I didnt see any bugs so that was good. If you need a place right next to the airport for a short time I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank DCTravelingFool
Reviewed October 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed here after fleeing the Motel 6 in Downtown Knoxville. We are relocating to the area so we figured we'd go cheaply since it was more of a "business trip" but after such filthy accomodations at the Motel 6 we decided may as well go all out so we booked the Hilton at the Knox airport after one night at Motel 6.
The hotel itself is beautiful. Well atleast on the inside. Outside it is nothing fancy, actually looks rather old.
I love atrium lobby hotels and this one has one.
It is only a four story atrium but it is still very nice.
Glass elevator was a nice, rich touch as well.
The hotel appeared to be newly updated, warm tones throughout.
We had a two double bedded room b/c it was cheaper.
Upon entering, I was in heaven!!!
Nice browns, tans, mauves, etc. striped contemporary carpet, down comforter, bolster pillows, an ottoman etc.
I noticed that the cleaning lady left her "calling card" and it was actually dirty! It was a card with her name on it stating she would be our maid for our stay and it actually looked like it had brown dirt stains! I kind of shrugged it off.
Well later on that night it was when we encoutered our "issues".
First my hubby dropped a pen he was writing with.
It fell under the bed so he went to retrieve it.
Under the bed were three peanut m & m's.
Not horribly gross really but just basically pointed out to us that noone had cleaned under the bed and we certainly weren't going to pick up the peanut m&m's!!
They were there until we left two days later! Meaning the maid never once went under the beds to clean.
Second issue, later that night while in the bathroom, I noticed a coffee type splatter on the wall just beneath the hair dryer.
I didnt want to do this but I went ahead and touched it and picked at it just to see if I could determine what it was and to see if it would come off.
Well it was coffee and it certainly would come off!!!
It was sticky but scrubbable and that stain as well stayed there until the remainder of our stay.
The shower was our third main issue.
It was incredibly teensy-tinsy!!! It felt like you were in a shower in an RV trailer!
There was no way we could shower together, there was absolutely not enough room.
So we took our seperate showers and I was still bumping my elbows around on the walls as I lathered my hair, scrubbed, etc.
The towel rack that holds extra clean towels was inside the shower and it was rusty as all heck!!!
I guess it was stainless steel originally but now it had alot of brown rusty spots.
The only reason this bothered me is because this is a HILTON.
Come on!!! I would expect a rusty towel bar/rack at the motel 6 but not at a Hilton!!!
Lastly, this is not the hotels fault but the real ruiner of our stay was the internet usage in their 24 hr business center.
you are charged .25cent a minute or a $3 minimum for using the internet.
It clearl states that. Great!
Well what it didn't state anywhere was that you are also charged a $10 hold on your credit card as well.
It has been a week since we returned and the $10 hold has still not come off.
Anyway, in closing, the "issues" we had weren't the worst of the worst.
The beds were comfy, accomodations contemporary and rich looking. Nice staff, however, considering the fact this is a HILTON there should not be m&m's under your bed, rusty shower bars and tiny babydoll sized showers.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank rogcol04
Reviewed June 14, 2007

This hotel is located adjacent to the Knoxville airport - connected by a covered sidewalk.

Originally, I was concerned by the hotel's location - but the Knoxville airport is not that busy and airplane noise was minimal, if noticable at all.

The hotel itself is very well kept and nice. It actually copies the layout of an Embassy Suites in many ways. The hotel provides nightly hot food in bar for free. Additionally, on the concierge floor the hotel provides morning breakfasts, all-day free beverage service, and nightly hot food bar. Well worth the extra $20 for a family.

The pool is very nice and well kept.

Overall, I couldn't complain about anything (although possibly the price is a little high for the Knoxville, TN area).

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2007

I had the pleasure of staying here one night this past weekend. I rather enjoyed this hotel. I normally don't get to stay in such luxury as the Hilton, but I decided to splurge on a one night stay.

With the NCAA tournament in full force, I spent most of my time in the Hotel's Bar/Lounge. What a great atmosphere! It had an open bar feel, plenty of views for your general people watching. The staff was nice and personable, and drinks were moderately priced. Drink specials were offered for the festivities of St. Patrick's Day (which it had happened to be). We had dinner in the lounge as well. Can't complain about that.

The room was spacious. One king bed. Loved the bedding. Loved the mattress. A very comfortable night sleep!

The pool/hot tub was a treat. A waterfall into the pool and a fake palm tree made for a fun swim.

Bottom line. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton at the Knoxville Airport before departing the next day on a trip to Colorado. The beds were super cozy and the room nicely decorated. There is an open air bar in the middle of the hotel that has comfy chairs and big tv's for game watching. The work out room had top notch exercise equipment. We had a quick breakfast in the restaurant downstairs before leaving and it was very good. There is also free wireless internet which is very handy for us laptop people. Everyone at the hotel was super nice. It was a great way for us to start our vacation.

1  Thank blugrassin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#19 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!