“Very clean room, nice staff at check in”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was moved to this hotel from a 'suite' hotel that had too many stink bugs for my comfort. I found the hotel clean, comfortable and stink-bug free. The room was elegant. The beds were comfortable with nice clean, new bedding. The room I stayed in was very quiet as far as I did not hear any planes from the airport. i could clearly hear my neighbors talking in the next room though, when sitting at the desk. I am not sure why that was, or how such a thing could be fixed if it is due to thin walls or sound coming through the heating system.
The parking was convenient. Like others have mentioned, the Alcoa Highway is formidable but I found drivers in TN very tolerant and considerate about letting people on the highway.
All in all, it was a great stay and I would stay at the Airport Hilton in Knoxville again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I appreciate your business, and hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

After rather harrowing travel delays, this was a bright spot in our trip. The hotel is literally walking distance from the airport, with a free shuttle to surrounding stores/attractions (grocery, target, etc).

Upon arrival, the staff could not have been better! Even with me having a cranky two-year-old in tow, they were speedy, helped me up to our room with bags and made sure we had everything we needed. The room itself was very spacious, and there were a lot of updates as well (flat screen tv, new linens, furniture, etc). The vanity in the bathroom was also updated as well, though the shower and floors not so much. Either way, it was clean and inviting and suited our needs well for the evening.

There was also free wi-fi and a good selection of dining options on the hotel menu. There are a plethora of alternatives less than a mile away (five guys, sub shops, other chain things).

Would definitely recommend for the stranded traveler (such as myself), business travelers or those wanting to be close to the airport.

** To note: The airline that delayed our departure put us up in this hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised! Definitely request this hotel if this happens to you as well. So easy to depart the next day given the helpful staff and location!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the central "courtyard"-- facing other windows across. We had to...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took great care of you.Thank you for your business, and I hope you stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport again when your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is connected by a covered walkway to the Knoxville Airport. The joke was that one of our traveling companions was not feeling well, so we called for the shuttle bus. We walked out of baggage claim and got in the shuttle, and I looked up and saw the hotel lobby entrance literally about 50 yards down the road!

the hotel is a 5 or 6 story open atrium setup,with a bar and shopping in the atrium. the noise level from the atrium did not bother me, but I was staying there during some type of conference, and the 5th floor got a little rowdy up to about 11:30 on a weeknight. That happens in hotels!
The staff was friendly, although I tried to call the front desk twice and let it ring a long time without getting an answer for a wake up call.
the room was nice (not lavish), and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. There was a door to the adjoining room, and I noticed the neighbors were a little noisy as I was retiring. the problem for me began when the cell phone next door rang repeatedly starting at 4AM, then the neighbors loudly started their day at about 4:15AM. This happens at hotels, but my observation was that the insulation was remarkably ineffective in this hotel. that said, if the neighbor has the cell phone at max volume, I don't know many hotels with enough sound insulation to block it out!
Despite the noisy neighbors, I would definitely stay in this property on my next visit to Knoxville.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I do want to apologize for the noisy guests in the room next to yours. I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville. Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I was given a stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport when my flight to Atlanta landed in Knoxville because of technical difficulties. I was given my hotel & meal vouchers by the airline and immediately walked to the hotel which is next to the airport. I was greeted by a smile from the receptionist and had no problems checking in and receiving an excellent room on the fifth floor.

I took my case up to the room and found it beautifully decorated, clean and modern. It was paradise after a plane ride from hell. I looked out the window and discovered that it looked down to the first floor.

I went down to the restaurant that took my $6.00 voucher towards my meal and the staff were friendly. I ate a delicious meal and was treated special by the staff. There was a bar where several people had gathered for drinks.

I went to the room and took a hot bath and wore the robe that was provided in the room. I used the free wifi and contacted my family to tell them where I was. There were plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

I was wakened early the next morning by a loud family in the next room with two small noisey children. That was the only negative aspect of this visit, which the hotel could do nothing about. I went down to the buffet breakfast which had a variety of foods and used the second $6.00 voucher the airpline had given me towards my meal.

I stayed in the room until 1 p.m. and had a late check out since my flight did not leave until 3 p.m.

Overall, the stay was comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Again we stayed here to be next to the airport. Candace at the reservation counter upgraded us to the Executive Level for free because they were booked up even though I had made a reservation in advance. This Hotel is so clean and the people are so nice. Food is good in the restaurant. Pool is clean. Our room is always clean. The walk to the airport is a short distance. I recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate the feedback and will pass it along the our employees. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you will stay with again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Got a king room for $50. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Breakfast in bed was both reasonably priced and more food than we could finish. Quiet atmosphere. Amazing waterfall pools and hot tub are thoroughly enjoyable! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed here after Xmas, booked through priceline ($65 knox airport) and got a great deal. Check in was pretty easy, although figuring out where to park and how to navigate the area was a bit difficult, but that's part of being an airport hotel. Place was really nice, staff was friendly, and the room was spacious and comfortable. It does take a while for hot water to start running in the bathroom. Didn't really get to check out any other amenities, I was exhausted after traveling all day and went straight to sleep. Everything went well until morning. Breakfast is served in the in house restaurant, Coopers. There was no staff available to greet/seat me when I arrived, which was a bit confusing. A kitchen staff eventually went and grabbed a waitress for me. I was looking forward to the buffet I had seen advertised in my room. I was seated and the waitress informed me they were not having the buffet and I had to order off of the menu. A different waitress came to take my order, and then the original waitress came back to take my order. This game continued all morning. It took about 30 minutes to get my food. Not too bad, but the fruit was served hot, and shared a plate with eggs over easy - not the best combo. The waitress duo kept pressing me to buy juice of coffee during my meal as well, and then my tab came and the price of my meal was actually $1 more than was shown on the menu(Hilton Combo). The other waitress came and took my credit card, and then the other came and returned it with the receipts. Then the other waitress came back to take again it thinking it hadn't been run yet, checked and seen that it indeed had, removed my credit card and left, only to have to come right back after seeing I hadn't signed the receipt yet. It was very uncomfortable, and they kept coming back over the next few minutes as I finished up to check and see if I had signed my receipt (I don't sign until I leave). Needless to say, double the waitresses doing half the job in double the time, get no tip. There's a chance I stay here again when I return to knoxville, but I'm never going to Coopers again.

Room Tip: book through priceline, bid 65 for knoxvile -tyson mcghee airport
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I want to sincerely apologize for the problem you had while having breakfast in our restaurant. I have met with Fred Weekley, Food and Beverage Director, to discuss this issue and take action to make sure it never happens again. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
Hilton Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#21 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Hilton Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!