“Excellent stay!”

Hilton Knoxville Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Got a king room for $50. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Breakfast in bed was both reasonably priced and more food than we could finish. Quiet atmosphere. Amazing waterfall pools and hot tub are thoroughly enjoyable! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed here after Xmas, booked through priceline ($65 knox airport) and got a great deal. Check in was pretty easy, although figuring out where to park and how to navigate the area was a bit difficult, but that's part of being an airport hotel. Place was really nice, staff was friendly, and the room was spacious and comfortable. It does take a while for hot water to start running in the bathroom. Didn't really get to check out any other amenities, I was exhausted after traveling all day and went straight to sleep. Everything went well until morning. Breakfast is served in the in house restaurant, Coopers. There was no staff available to greet/seat me when I arrived, which was a bit confusing. A kitchen staff eventually went and grabbed a waitress for me. I was looking forward to the buffet I had seen advertised in my room. I was seated and the waitress informed me they were not having the buffet and I had to order off of the menu. A different waitress came to take my order, and then the original waitress came back to take my order. This game continued all morning. It took about 30 minutes to get my food. Not too bad, but the fruit was served hot, and shared a plate with eggs over easy - not the best combo. The waitress duo kept pressing me to buy juice of coffee during my meal as well, and then my tab came and the price of my meal was actually $1 more than was shown on the menu(Hilton Combo). The other waitress came and took my credit card, and then the other came and returned it with the receipts. Then the other waitress came back to take again it thinking it hadn't been run yet, checked and seen that it indeed had, removed my credit card and left, only to have to come right back after seeing I hadn't signed the receipt yet. It was very uncomfortable, and they kept coming back over the next few minutes as I finished up to check and see if I had signed my receipt (I don't sign until I leave). Needless to say, double the waitresses doing half the job in double the time, get no tip. There's a chance I stay here again when I return to knoxville, but I'm never going to Coopers again.

Room Tip: book through priceline, bid 65 for knoxvile -tyson mcghee airport
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. I want to sincerely apologize for the problem you had while having breakfast in our restaurant. I have met with Fred Weekley, Food and Beverage Director, to discuss this issue and take action to make sure it never happens again. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I got a great deal for this hotel on Priceline. The front desk check-in was quick and simple.

I had no issues at all with the safety, cleanliness, or amenities of this hotel room. The bed and shower were very comfortable as well.

We really only spent enough time in the room to sleep one night, but the stay was very pleasant. It may be a step below what I would typically expect from a Hilton (more on a Holiday Inn-level), but I don't feel at all like I overpaid for what I got.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the atrium, so if you like to be awakened by the sunlight, ask for a room that faces...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you very much for your nice comments on your stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I appreciate the feedback , and will pass along to my employees. Thank you for your business and I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed at the hotel during the UT homecoming weekend. I got a great deal on priceline with the name your price feature. The hotel is actually on the airport grounds but I did not hear any airplane noise, which was my main fear. The exterior of the hotel is not appealing at all but the lobby was clean and the customer service was good and quick. The hotel offers comp wireless internet and the only downside was that my first night, I had work due and could not complete it because the internet service went out.
The room was clean and was not as outdated as I expected from reading prior reviews. But it was a bit dark.

All in all there was nothing extraordinary but it was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I apologize for the problem you experienced with our complimentary wireless internet the first night. I will investigate this issue and take action to make sure it does not happen again! Thank you for your business and I hope you stay with us again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Hotel is a bit dated, but accommodations are clean and everything worked. No included breakfast, but the buffet is not too pricy. I declined most days, as I felt it was not worth $9-$12 for coffee and oatmeal. The Waffle House down the road is much better value and the hotel does have free coffee in the mornings. Access to the hotel is via a service road next to the airport, or you can just drive through the airport arrivals area to get to it. Knoxville airport is generally not that busy. The Alcoa Highway (only way in) is a real racetrack and very crowded. Expect some minor delays. The “Landings” bar has Fat Tire on tap, both the lager and 1554. They serve snacks after work, mostly little hot dogs or chili. Service is good. The food menu is pretty reasonable, considering this is a Hilton, and the quality is great. Plenty of other places to eat close by (Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks and local places like Courtyard Grill and El Sazon Mexicano). Can’t walk anywhere but to the airport, as most things are across the Alcoa Highway (of death). The rooms have real high speed wireless and a decent selection of TV. Laundry is reasonably priced. The fitness room has free weights, two weight machines, and several treadmills. Good place to work out. The pool is for lounging only, as it is oddly shaped and has waterfalls. Small store in hotel sells sundries and souvenirs. I was not bothered by the aircraft next door, as I had a room facing the atrium and it seemed well insulated from noise. Takes a little time to get hot water from the tap. Overall good value and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Inside facing rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Hobnail

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback, as it helps me to see what areas of the hotel operation need improvement. We are continually updating our hotel, having recently added 37" HDTV's as well as new desk chairs. Thank you for your business, and we hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

What a pleasant surprise! My wife and I were enroute to Texas from Virginia and this was our first stop. This property is within walking distance to the main terminal of the airport and is eaqsy to find.

Upon arrival, aske dofr a non-smoking room and was placed on the 6th floor. Opps, the room was a designated smoking room. I politely asked to be changed and the front desk clerk said, "my bad, I punched the wrong number". We were given a non-smoking room facing the interior atrium what was great! Earned my respect right then and there.

The room was clean, comfortable, had 2 queen beds with a quiet, functioning AC with a wall thermostat. The towels were soft and big, and the bathtub/shower was in excelent working condition. All the lights were CFL's and provided great lighting.

We had our evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant. The food was good and the service was fast and friendly.

Although the hotel is a bit dated, it is obvious that the management and staff work hard to keep it clean and presentable at all times.

We have no complaints or problems with this property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the atrium for complete noise-free sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Airport. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We arrived early at this hotel from Atlanta (we are travelling in the US, we are from Australia) and our room was ready for us. We were met at reception by Denise who was so very helpful from the moment we arrived. We were immediately checked-in and passed our keys and we went off to our room.

As per our profile, we were placed on a high floor near the elevators. Denise also upgraded us to the Executive Floor. We loved it at this hotel.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is dated, but it is perfectly fine. It is clean and very comfortable and has everything you require.

The rooms had nice beds and bedding as well as new LCD TVS and carpets.

As far as location goes, it is a few steps to Knoxville Airport and a short drive to the eateries along Airport Hwy. We visited friends in Maryville thus this hotel was very convenient.

Parking was complimentary and was just across the road in an open lot. The hotel has a small shop with a large range of products, such as souvenirs, drinks, chocolates, magazines, newspapers, etc, etc.

Overall: A big thankyou to Denise who made our stay a wonderful one. She was always at Reception with a smile. This is why we love Hilton and the USA. Thanks Denise!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view of the surrounding countryside.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
bcable21, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay with us! I appreciate the feedback, and will certainly pass along your compliments to Denise. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville, TN.