“Disappointment to very happy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)

Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Orlinda, Tennessee
“Disappointment to very happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel to me was very nice, clean and breakfast was awesome! Best breakfast I ever had in a hotel!! I did however have an issue with park and fly. I contacted the hotels 1-800 # for info regarding park and fly, they told me they did have this, which made my mind up I would drive from Nashville, stay one night and fly out the next day. Upon arriving at the hotel I was then informed there was a fee of $5,00 to park..Hmmmm, I said, they didn't not advise me of that when I asked about this service. So I was very disappointed, but when I check out, I told Andy Hime, General Manager (who just happened to be at the front counter) about this..and he made it right for me! That was awesome! So nice that he understood my concern, heard me, he was genuine and made it right! Good Job Andy Hime..More people should be like this gentlemen in this business. Great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
Pros: conveniently located. It is close to the airport but not located on the extremely busy Hwy 129. Professional staff. clean. nice breakfast.
Cons: small room. small beds (double). a bottle of water was $2.00.
I find the HIE hotels to be geared toward business people and I would recommend this hotel to a party of 1-2 people. Otherwise it is too small.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear tiredwoman,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know that you liked our location and breakfast variety. However, I am sorry to read that the room you were given did not completely meet your standards. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your future stay.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel using points. There was a mix-up regarding the room I reserved. However, once the desk clerk reviewed the reservation, the correct room was provided without problem. The room was clean and spacious. The TV was a flat screen and had a clear picture. The roomed cooled down well and quietly without concern. This hotel has an small indoor pool, but no hot-tub, which would have been nice. The breakfast was very nice with an assortment of items, including fresh fruit, cold cereals, oatmeal, pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, warm sweet rolls, coffee, tea, juice, milk, yogurt, etc.. We also found the staff to be both friendly and helpful. We asked the desk clerk where we could go to get some ice cream. She gave us directions and even printed them out! This is an all-around excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in our area. Our goal is to make our guests stay an enjoyable one and we are proud to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments. We do hope to see you again during your next visit to our area.
Oregon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I recently stayed here for business with points (property was on "Point Break List") Check-in was very smooth and seamless as majority of IHG properties are. Although some properties will still try to provide an upgrade even when booking with points, this specific property did not. Personally, I cannot complain whatsoever, because I did not really try to get an upgrade. Moreover, it is generally hit or miss as properties are not really obligated to upgrade for stays booked via points. However, I was happy that they did offer me either a gift bag or 500 points due to my platinum elite status. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. One amenity that I really enjoyed was the indoor heated pool. That said, like many HIE properties, I really wish they would put in a hot tub. While I did not use the fitness center, I did check it out and it seemed to have well kept equipment. Housekeeping was very friendly as well. Normally, it is hard to hold conversations with housekeeping staff as they generally seem indifferent when speaking with guests. Breakfast was typical of all HIE properties as well. I really did not have time to explore the area as I was on a schedule; however, it did seem like a nice area with plenty of stores, food, and other touristy things to do. Overall, I was satisfied with the entire operation and my stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HotelGuy419,
Thank you for your flattering comments. I have shared your comments with our staff. We want our guests to feel at home when at our property.
We do try to upgrade our Platinum members, when possible. Sometimes that is difficult for us as we do have a lot of platinum members who stay with us.
Thank you for staying with us and we do look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to our area.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This Holiday Inn is one of the nicest I have been at. The staff was very friendly and make you feel welcome. Rooms are very spacious and bedding is excellent, one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. Rooms are quite and so clean. Lots of walking areas that are safe and good places to eat within the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this review, March 12, 2014
glendale215,
Thank you for staying with us. We are flattered to know that your stay was a very pleasant one. I have passed your comments on to the staff. We want our guests to feel at home while staying with us. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Cole greeted us upon our arrival and was very polite, efficient and accommodating.
We had a wonderful suite on the 2nd floor which was awesome. Cole called the room to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. What service! Our room had a jacuzzi and was very spacious. It had everything we needed and then some. Breakfast was wonderfully hot and fresh. The usual bread, bagels, french toast and English muffins. Nice pancakes.
Eggs, biscuits, gravy and sausage. Boiled eggs, yogurt. Juices, milk and cereal. All you can eat. The breakfast attendant kept refilling all the dishes with hot items. This hotel is close by to many fast food restaurants. We definitely will stay here again. What a gem!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 201 a wonderful suite with a jacuzzi. Make the upgrade and enjoy a luxurious nigh...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this review, February 12, 2014
MaryannF650,
Thank you for staying with us!
We strive to make our guests happy and their stay an enjoyable experience. I have shared your wonderful comments with the staff.
We do look forward to seeing you again during a future stay!
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff at this hotel is great.
They know their job, they make you feel good.
The continental breakfast is "free" and is a great deal.
We had a very late flight, checked-in extremely late and they allowed us a two hour extension for the check-out with no complications.
We definitely will return to this hotel and will definitely recommend it to others.

A great option in your way to the Smokey Mountains.

Room Tip: no tips, sorry.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this review, February 12, 2014
ctornoe,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in our area. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs for the late checkout. I have passed on your comments to our staff. Our goal is to make everyone's stay an enjoyable experience. We look forward to being able to be of service to you again in the future.