Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed a few nights here. Staff was very nice. Room was on the 1st floor. Not a good location as you can here everything from the floor above you. Rooms were small. Pool was very small.
A lot of nice restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: don't get a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear lobster4me,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is good to know that you found our staff to be nice and accommodating. I am sorry if the room you were situated did not completely meet your liking.

Despite this, I hope you give us another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here with 2 kids on the way to Smokey Mountains, I love the location of the hotel, we reached here at night and then started to Smokeys in the morning. Room was neat and clean, bed was really comfortable.They have a complimentary breakfast too. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob J
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The front desk staff is the friendliest I've encountered in the area. Smiling and willing to help with anything you request. The queen suite I had was great... Clean, fresh, comfy bed and loads of pillows. Large bathroom with enough counter space for all my travel gear... And I carry a lot! The only things that kept me from giving 5 stars were the following: bath towels, although clean and fresh smelling are very dingy and have a lot of small holes. Need to be replaced. And the a/c unit wouldn't turn off- when informed maintenance addressed it the same day but could not really fix it- just gave instructions on how to deal with it while replacement unit was ordered. Having said that, I would still highly recommend this location. Tons of shopping and restaurants nearby. Quiet and cozy suites. And the little " mini market" area by the front desk is a lifesaver when you've been sitting with a loved one in a hospital all day and really haven't eaten. My only suggestion for that is to add some fruit in the fridge. A cold fresh banana or apple would have really hit the spot . One last bit of advice- don't raise rates when UT has a home game...and let us use our rewards points at the desk upon check in- hard to book online while you're busy driving to someone's deathbed.

Room Tip: Get the suite... More room for your stuff and still cozy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank trishannie
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at 3 hotels in the Alcoa/Knoxville Airport area and the Holiday Inn Express and Suites is the best by far. When we had a horrible experience at a nearby hotel the HIE gave us the rate we had been promised at the other property, then upgraded us, and generally made sure our stay exceeded our expectations. Next trip to that area we are definitely staying at Holiday Inn Express. Nicole and Anna were amazing! The two of them could teach customer service!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit home after moving back to the States after my overseas military tour. I needed a hotel for the night before hitting the road to travel back down to the Gulf coast...that wouldn't break the bank!

I'm from the area, but never noticed this hotel before. I was able to secure a room over the phone easily. There were some computer challenges at the front desk but the clerk resolved them after a few minutes. I was really grateful to find out this branch offers a military discount too. It helped save me about $10, so the room was more in my price range than it would have been otherwise.

The lobby was well-adorned and clean. It is surprising how much of an impact this can have on a stay. It is the first impression, after all.

We parked around back and entered through the back entry. As other guests have commented, there's a sign that indicates the door is a secure card-swipe entry, but that wasn't the case. If I have any constructive feedback it is to consider securing the door 24:7 via key card access for peace of mind. It wasn't a deal breaker for me because I can always secure my room's door, but it did give me mental pause.

The room was absolutely perfect. It smelled nice, was extremely clean, and had excellent amenities. I appreciated the toiletries kit provided. The room also had a nice quality flat screen. I only make note of the TV because for some reason that's still not standard at all hotels. The bed was AMAZING and the pillows were dream worthy! I slept like a baby.

Checkout was a breeze, and I appreciated them dropping the paid receipt under my door that morning. The breakfast was hot and tasty - we left without grumbling stomachs.

My stay here helped ensure we were well-rested and fed for our 8-hr drive back to the Gulf coast. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks for the hospitality.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

First review, i usually stay here before early flight out from Knoxville. Always had a great stay here. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good. Will continue to stay here whenever possible. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Abel02
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My children and I stayed here for a night and were satisfied with every aspect of our stay. For this price range, this hotel was above average. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, the beds are comfortable, the hot and free breakfast was good, and the indoor pool was awesome! Great job HI Express staff!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank transplantedcajuns
Brian B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport), responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for such compliments. We appreciate your business and hope you would choose us again if you come back to the area. We will keep some fresh towels by the pool and friendly faces at the front desk awaiting for your return.