“Freindly staff and Great breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Booked three nights on way to N.C. and then booked another for return trip we liked it so well. Free breakfast. Cook Tiffany kept things clean and lively. Front desk staff was helpful. Facility and pool was clean. Airport noise not heard once your in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back lower floor if you want a private entrance, giving you two exits, common...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel and they still offer smoking rooms! Continental breakfast is included. Breakfast is pretty good but I wish the coffee was stronger! Room is large and clean. Hotel is quiet and close to some very good restaurants (Texas Roadhouse & O'Charleys). There is also a walking path & pond near the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Some friends and I decided to spend New Years together at The Holiday Inn Express Alcoa.
We were very satisfied with our stay. We stayed in a standard smoking room with double beds.
Our room looked EXACTLY like the room in the pictures with one exception--they had large flat screen tvs instead of the older tvs in the pictures provided. Very clean room, comfortable furniture. We also got a really great deal vs the normal $100 a night rate.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. Actually, he was there on business and I drove up and joined him for the weekend. We had a room on the second floor with a king bed. The room and bathroom were both very spacious and very clean. The hotel was not very crowded for the weekend so it was also very quiet. They have an indoor heated pool, a small exercise room and offer a nice free breakfast. They provided a number of breakfast choices: biscuits and gravy, french toast, eggs, fruit, cereal, yougurt, coffe, juices and milk. Also fresh hot cinnamon rolls. The hotel is only a couple of minutes from the airport and there are plenty of resturants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We had one night in this hotel before flying out the next day. The hotel paid for taxis to return our hire car the night before and the day we left.
We had a lovely king suite and the breakfast was adequate and what you would expect for an Express. The staff were lovely and very helpful.
Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The room was nice and met the standards I expect from Holiday Inn. There's a low wattage can light above the sink in the bathroom on a seperate switch that makes an ideal nightlight. The front desk could have been friendlier, forgot to give me a Priority Club "gift bag", and the entire night staff seemed to be loitering around the lobby when I walked in. The property is easy to miss from the main highway and isn't signed well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had a 6am flight so when I booked this hotel, I asked about whether they had a shuttle. They said they had a 24 hour shuttle so I booked it. When I arrived, they informed me that, while the shuttle is free during the day, at the time I needed the shuttle, it was essentially a taxi and I would have to pay. Also, there was no fast food near the hotel and I had to turn my car in so I would be restricted to the few restaurants within walking distance. Also, at noon, my room was not ready (not a problem) but there was no nice area to sit and wait. I ended up switching to the Hampton Inn nearby which was closer, had a waiting area, had a free shuttle, and had a larger selection of suitable restaurants within walking distance. The Holiday Inn Express looked nice enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple