“Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here when we were on vacation. The front desk clerk was not very well trained in customer service. When we checked in we asked to make sure we had a king bed and were assured it was, when we got to room it had a queen size bed even though we reserved a king months ago. The front desk clerk said he would change our room, but when we went to get it changed he said we could either take the one king room he had by the pool, stay in the queen room or go stay some place else. We also had issues with the a/c and it was not taken care of. It worked, but the fan was very loud and rattled. The pool was not clean and needed to be treated with chemicals. We will not stay here again when we travel to the area.
The other staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra H

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while he was in meetings. Our room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The gym was small but nice and clean, the pool was indoor and clean.
We are planning a trip back to this area and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ane07
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had a great stay. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The pool was a little too cold for my taste but not an issue.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were in the area to enjoy the area attractions on our motorcyle and decided on this conveniently located HIE. This is the best HIE we've every stayed at. Spent 3 fantastic nights. The entire hotel staff is the friendliest hotel staff we have ever had anywhere. The entire staff was so polite and helpful. The hotel and room were spotless. Fantastic spacious room that was nice and quiet. Superb value. Plenty of good food for breakfast on the buffet. They had towels and cleaning supplies to wipe down the motorcycle. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Randall L
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Had a few days in the Knoxville area, and ended up at the HIE. The rate, for the area was good, less than a $100 a day. The hotel was quiet, clean. The staff was very considerate. The breakfast area is a bit cramped, but the personal attention and hospitality made up for any inconvenience. Near the airport, and quaint little places like Townsend and Cade's Cove, and not too far from Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, etc.

Room Tip: We were first floor, down the hall ... away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gloria R
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express en route to our final destination. We picked HIE over the other Aloca hotels because of the great value - be sure to tell them if you are a government employee or AAA member! We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and the availability of restaurants within walking distance. The free breakfast buffet was also very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan K
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I don't care what other hotels are close by I am staying here every time I come to Alcoa. This was my second trip and it was just as good as the one day trip back in August.

My room was very spacious, more room than I knew what to do with. The desk was big enough for my laptop and bag, room for my phone to charge and I still had room for a notebook!

I thought I had forgotten some coffee/energy drinks after leaving and when I went back the room had already been cleaned. The drinks turned out to be buried in my trunk but I was immediately presented with a big pile of clothes I had left behind in a drawer. The staff is so nice and so friendly.

I had a room on the 3rd floor, very quiet with a good air conditioner. I'm going back in a few weeks and I'll be staying there once again!

The only complaint (and not much of one) was that the tub liner squeaked while taking a shower. Not a big problem but annoying first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business