“Good Layover Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Layover Hotel”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express en route to our final destination. We picked HIE over the other Aloca hotels because of the great value - be sure to tell them if you are a government employee or AAA member! We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and the availability of restaurants within walking distance. The free breakfast buffet was also very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I don't care what other hotels are close by I am staying here every time I come to Alcoa. This was my second trip and it was just as good as the one day trip back in August.

My room was very spacious, more room than I knew what to do with. The desk was big enough for my laptop and bag, room for my phone to charge and I still had room for a notebook!

I thought I had forgotten some coffee/energy drinks after leaving and when I went back the room had already been cleaned. The drinks turned out to be buried in my trunk but I was immediately presented with a big pile of clothes I had left behind in a drawer. The staff is so nice and so friendly.

I had a room on the 3rd floor, very quiet with a good air conditioner. I'm going back in a few weeks and I'll be staying there once again!

The only complaint (and not much of one) was that the tub liner squeaked while taking a shower. Not a big problem but annoying first thing in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeff J
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Reviewed October 24, 2011

No surprises here. Nice property in friendly area. Clean room. Stayed only one night, but would return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank webbgirl49
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We visit this area a couple times each year to get together with family and to hike in the Smokies, and we always stay at this hotel. It's always clean, the staff is very friendly, and, most importantly, they have the BEST breakfast of any hotel I have ever stayed at. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms in the back open up to both the inside of the hotel and to the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was clean and neat and the staff was VERY friendly. Our room was very nice and clean. The breakfast staff was so very helpful and would come around and take your dirty dishes and ask you if there was anything that you needed. They also had an adjoining conference room open for seating for over flow from the breakfast crowd! Great idea!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed August 12, 2011

When we arrived, we could see that the front entrance was undergoing some reconstruction. There was no sign to tell us where we needed to enter the hotel, so we drove around it 1 1/2 times before we saw a small sign at the rear door that said, "office". (Maybe because that's where all the smokers were gathered) The font desk person was very polite and helpful, even when learning that they didn't have the correct room type reserved for us., AND that we had reserved under a corporate discount which also was not in their record of our reservation. I also am a member of their 'Priority Club', but did not receive any special welcome perks that I typically do at other Holiday Inn Expresses. Once we got through the check-in process, the rest of the stay was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ventura, CA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love Holiday Inn Express. This one was no different. Knoxville is a small town and the pickins are slim. The HI is right near the airport but not near the traffice and take off pattern. Friendly people. Clean simple comfortable. They recommended an excellent restaurant close to the hotel. All in all very nice

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank CWS55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alcoa (Knoxville Airport)? Share your experiences!