MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alcoa Inn(Alcoa)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suiteevery morningburner stoveice makersized refrigeratorchoice hotelsrestaurants within walking distanceroom keyfirst morningcades covethe dragongreat customer serviceyogurtstaff was friendlybed was very comfortablefree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Due to an urgent family emergency, I called Main Stay the night before we left for Tenn. The only room available was a handicap room with two double beds, which was much too small for three adults and one child. I had no other choice but to book the room. When we arrived, a very cheerful and friendly young man (Brad/Chad) greeted us and hurriedly registered us for three nights. We left immediately for the hospital without first checking the room. When we returned it was late and we were very tired and went to the room. What a disappointment. The room was too small for us and was in dire need of an update. The bathroom shower splashed water out onto the ceramic tile floor making it slippery and dangerous. The bathroom door had paint scraped off and the entire room needed painting. The next morning, my husband requested a larger suite with two queen beds. The staff was very accommodating and when a room was cleaned, we moved into the larger suite. The suite was okay except for the foul urine odor coming from the carpet in the one bedroom. This was probably due to someone's dogs since this is a pet friendly hotel. Since we spent all day at the hospital, we overlooked some of these issues. Under the circumstances, we had a pleasant stay. The staff is outstanding. Haley, the young lady in charge of the breakfast area did an excellent job in keeping the area clean and well stocked. One morning, she kept the breakfast room open later so my daughter and grandson could get something to eat before we left for the hospital. We were very exhausted after spending all day keeping a vigil over our family member. Trying to keep a five year old occupied was exhausting and Teagan, one of the staff members, gave him a paint set, which was such a sweet gesture on her part and much appreciated by him. The entire staff should be commended and special kudos to Haley, Teagan, Nick and Brad.

Room Tip: Skip the handicap room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor about your recent stay, and I am thankful I had an opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure so were able to gather the information that was important to make some vital changes for our future guests. The MainStay Suites Team understands how important it is to make sure the guests needs are being met, and I am very pleased you were able to get transferred to a new room the next day that could accommodate you and your family. The vital items you shared with me were addressed immediately after your departure, and I thank you for sharing this with me so we could have an opportunity to revisit these issues and correct them for the next guest. For example, after your departure we steamed cleaned the carpets and dry cleaned the bedding so we could ensure the room was presentable and comfortable. The MainStay Suites Team takes pride in our Southern Hospitality and we are thrilled you and your family were able to experience this first hand. We hope your family member is doing better and please know we are here for you in the future if you make plans to travel back to visit. Please feel free to reach out to me personally, and I will assist you with your hotel accommodation needs and inspect your room prior to your arrival. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to improve and be better for our future guests. We owe you one!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean and all the staff were very friendly. I was on a motorcycle trip and they had wash buckets towels and a hose we could clean our bikes. Also we were allowed to park our bikes in front of the hotel. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hello and Thank you for taking time to comment on your most recent stay at the MainStay Suites. We are so glad you got to experience the Southern Hospitality of the MainStay Suites of Alcoa, TN. We have found our bikers are an important asset to our hotel and that is why we go the extra mile to ensure you have all the necessities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We offer complimentary biker rags in the lobby to wipe down your bikes morning & evening plus if you get your bike a little dirty- don’t worry you can use our wash buckets and hose to wash down your bike and make it beautiful again before your next ride. You are convenient to “The Tail of the Dragon” and other great rides plus you are less than 5 miles from Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson & The Shed. Start your day out with “hot” fresh coffee and our complimentary “hot” breakfast buffet and finish the day off sitting around our Outside Courtyard after a long day riding through the mountains. What more could you want. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I found this hotel on my way home from Deals Gap. Nick at the front desk was very very helpful and nice when I checked in. He gave me a discount card for Texas Roadhouse, said I could leave my bike out front ( he kept an eye on it) as I unloaded(2 trips). All around nice guy.
The room was very nice and comfortable!! Felt right at home.
Mary Beth was a big help getting me some supplies for my bike the next morning. Thanks again. Also she gave me the Bikers price for the stay as they get a lot of bikes thru the area.

I will go out of my way to stay here again anytime I am close to the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian S.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Comment. The MainStay Suites is proud to call ourselves “Biker Friendly” and we mean that in every sense of the word. We offer great amenities for a great value and before you head out you can enjoy our complimentary bike wash to make sure your ride is looking its best. One of the best benefits of staying at the MainStay Suites is selecting one of our three restaurants within walking distance to enjoy a good lunch or dinner. We are even lucky to have special discounts at the front desk for our guests to utilize upon request. What more could you want- Hot Breakfast Buffet, Comfortable Clean Suites, Great Value, and Biker Friendly amenities. Tell all your Biker Friends to look no further…..the MainStay Suites has everything they need for their hotel accommodation & more. We look forward to your next stay at the MainStay Suites of Alcoa, TN.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great service nice nice room for a great price. Even had rags to wipe your bike down in the lobby. A solid 4 and 1/2 stars. Bed not a queen sort of small or it's a 5 star stay! Walking distance to 2 great restaurants overall a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Davjulstew
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor. The MainStay Suites Team strives to provide our guest a nice comfortable stay for a great price that doesn’t break your bank, while offering amenities that make your stay even that much more special. Our Bikers enjoy having access to our Bike Wash and rags at the front lobby so they can wipe down their bikes before their joy ride in the mountains. The next time you come to the MainStay Suites I would like to earn that “5” Star Rating of Excellence; therefore, I would like to recommend for you to request our Non-Smoking 2 Queen -1 Bedroom Suite. In doing so, you will have all the comforts of 2 Queen Beds in separate rooms with a sleeper sofa-pull-out plus the fully equipped kitchen. Hopefully this will make your next stay even better. Can’t wait to have you back….the Fall Season is one of the most beautiful times to go bike riding in Tennessee. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

On a quick stop on way to West Coast, we reached about 1 AM to this hotel and the staff were real nice. Beds were clean and room was nice and offers lots of space, however the room needs some update. Breakfast next morning was real good sausage/bacon/eggs/toast/biscuit and gravy. Also Miso soup and rice for our Japanese folks which my kids found surprising but thoughtful. Hotel is 5 min from Airport which is very convenient. For the price this is a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beach_Family_NJ
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. Whether you arrive at 3pm or 1am in the morning our team is here to welcome you with smile and treat you with our 100% Southern Hospitality. The MainStay Suites offers nice, clean and spacious suites that have fully equipped kitchens and flat screen televisions. Start your morning with the MainStart Breakfast which includes sausage/bacon, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, hot waffles, hot oatmeal station and much – much more. We even expanded our breakfast to offer international food items to make our guests feel right at home. What more could you want? The MainStay Suites is centrally located to the airport and downtown and has three restaurants within walking distance plus all the amenities & features one would need for a one night or extended stay. Enjoy the Suite Life at the MainStay Suites and get great value for your dollar spent. Come back and see us soon!