“Great service; spacious suites”

MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The front desk person was very polite and welcoming; spacious suite on the third floor; plenty of room outside for my dog; the hotel provided waste bags for your dog which was a plus; I ended up staying only one night due to family situation, but I would have stayed the entire two-day stay otherwise; I left my iPhone charger in the room, but the clerk went to the room the next day to retrieve it for me; I picked it up later that night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DAVID O
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

The MainStay Suites Team would like to take a moment to say thank you for your positive and wonderful response on Trip Advisor. Your recent stay emulates the exact type of experience we want our guests to have. We want our guests to be welcomed when they arrive and checked in to a clean and spacious suite that is comfortable and functions they way they need it to during their stay. We like to create a home experience not only for our guests but for our four legged friends as well, which includes dog treats, elimination bags and spacious greenery for them to enjoy and roam. We also understand if you have to leave unexpectedly, and that is why we work with our guests and their needs to ensure they have a great stay. Sometimes when you have to leave unexpectedly personal items get left behind, but our MainStay Suites Team understands how important these items are and will assist the guest in way they can to ensure they get their personal items back in a timely manner. Thank you again for your kind response. We hope to have you back real soon, and don’t forget to ask for the Pet Package. This would be a great fit for when you travel with your dog.

There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel needs a serious updating! It was clean but you can only clean so much. The staff was very nice and helpful with every question I asked. The breakfast was fine and the pool area was nice. Also an good location to Knoxville and the mountains

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor response. The MainStay Suites takes pride in our cleanliness and we appreciate that you had a clean room that made you feel comfortable. We also like to take Southern Hospitality to another level by going the extra mile for all of our guests so each question and need is met with a smile during their stay. Our Hot Breakfast Buffet is great whether you have time to sit down and enjoy a nice hot meal or if you are on the go. We just recently added a nice Oatmeal Bar with fresh rolled oats oatmeal and 3 delicious toppings that arrange from fresh fruit, brown sugar, granola and craisins. You can even enjoy breakfast on the back patio and take in the beautiful mountain scenery poolside. We have really enjoyed the renovation that we received in 2011 that included new kitchens, new flooring, new lighting, new bedding, new sofas, and new bathroom cabinets. However, we are always looking for new opportunities to improve everyday so we can stay fresh and competitive. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts on how we could present and improve the MainStay Suites. Thank you again for your time and hope you come back real soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Maryville TN with our 9 month old son I thought that traveling from CA to TN was going to be more than a nightmare, trying to keep him in a little hotel room, making sure he had food and a warn bottle… I knew I was in for a HARD trip… Boy was I wrong!! MainStay was perfect! We were able to get a room with 2 beds, one had a closing door (like another room). We were not able to bring our Son’s pack n play because we had already gone over our luggage limit; believe it or not, MainStay had one ready for us. We had a full refrigerator, microwave etc. all of this for a very low cost!! They also have washer and dryers for us to use ( with a baby that is much needed) Not to mention the staff were ALL so friendly and helpful, with a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. … I would not only HIGHLY Recommend MainStay, but I look forward to booking a room with them in future visits! Thanks for making our trip stress-free!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your recent experience at the MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. Driving from California to Tennessee can be a daunting task especially when traveling with a baby, and I am so thrilled you were able to make the trip safely and find the MainStay Suites to be everything you anticipated and more. When traveling with little ones it always seems you don’t have enough room to pack everything, and that is why we find it important to offer amenities that make your life a little easier. For example, our Full Size Refrigerator to store bottles and food, 24 Hour Guest Laundry Room to wash your little ones clothing, and room types that allow you to have a separate room for your little ones so they can sleep and you can rest while watching television. Our job is to make your life easier and stress free while away from home, and I am so glad the Team at MainStay Suites was able to do just that. We look forward to you and your family coming back to Tennessee. Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very nice and clean! The staff was very friendly and you really did feel like you were at home with family! Biker friendly, great patio with grill, rooms were well insulated from outside noise, having a kitchen in the room was a bonus for a home cooked meal if you wanted. Truly feels like home away from home, being with awesome friends just made the whole experience more enjoyable! I would most definitely stay there again. It would a first choice when traveling again, especially if I was traveling with my kids

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

The MainStay Suites strives to create a “Home Away From Home” experience for our guests. We want you to enjoy spacious & clean suites with all the amenities you could & would need as if you were at home. Enjoy our Hot Breakfast Buffet in the mornings and our Home Cooked Manager’s Receptions on Tuesdays & Thursday evenings. Relax with friends on our back patio deck and soak up the beautiful mountain scenery and good conversation. Just remember when you come back to the MainStay Suites you are coming back to familiar faces & southern hospitality at its best.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband I stayed during the hog rally. I was so impressed with the hotel. The desk Clerk Amy was so helpful to me when I forgot ... of all thing my toothbrush. I ask her where I could get one and she said the hotel had them for the guest, she even offered me toothpast. Then The next day My husband and I came down and ate breakfast, Oh wow what a treat it was resturant quality. A first for hotels eating for us. Then the most polite person came out and talk to us, Miss Tracy. She gave us a run down on what was happening in the town. She even gave us her personal cell phone number so if we needed any thing. Wow what service I can't beging to tell you how happy we were at the Mainstay. We went because of the hog rally now r coming back to stay in the fall for all the other activities she told us about. Thanks Tracy and the staff. I just fell in love with you all of YOU.

Room Tip: the for was great and we were above the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

The MainStay Suites is proud to be the #1 Biker Friendly hotel in the Alcoa/ Maryville Tennessee area. We really enjoyed participating in the 2013 HOG Rally and overall was really pleased with turn out. The team worked really hard on making sure all the guests knew about all the events in the area and most importantly how to get there, and we all owe a special thanks to Traci for pulling this information together so everyone could pass it along. The MainStay Suites team also understands that most hotels offer a breakfast, and that is why we work really hard to provide a Hot Breakfast Buffet that is a step above the rest. We love our Bikers and we are so glad you fell in love with MainStay, but most of all our Team. We can’t wait for you to come back! Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We don't usually do these reviews because we stay in a lot of different places and some are okay and some are bad, but when we had a job to do in Knoxville we were so lucky that the girl that worked their Tracy called us and set us up with a great deal to stay in Alcoa. Right down the road from our site and we were really impressed. The staff was great, they were the best we have dealt with all year and like I said we stay in hotels alot. They were pleasant and thoughtful never hesitated to go the extra mile for any of us, I was really impressed when I first came in behind a lady that was really upset about some family problems and that same lady Tracy and another lady that seems like she was the manager, sorry she had an interesting name but I cant remember it, anyway they both made her feel right at home. Then they checked us in and helped us with a few things like directions. They have a breakfast that is pretty good, nothing to write home about, but well done and more than impressive to us. The lady doing the breakfast was very nice and helpful as well. It looks as if they have just updated the hotel so I thought the price was great too. We are looking at setting a job up again there and will definetly stay again at that same hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent stay at the Mainstay Suites of Alcoa on Trip Advisor, especially electing the MainStay Suites to be your first review. We work very closely with Construction Crews and we understand you need nice & clean accommodations for your crew at a great value in order to meet your budget requirements. Our all suites hotel has fully equipped kitchens, comfortable plush beds, and a hot breakfast buffet, which is perfect for your crews needs. The MainStay Suites Team is here to provide above and beyond customer service with a smile. We are Southern Hospitality at its best. If you get another job in the Knoxville or Alcoa/ Maryville TN area please feel free to let us know. We would love to work with you and your crew again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because they allowed our two small Boston Terriers to stay. The photos looked promising as did customer reviews. I stayed for three nights, paid cash up front and requested light housekeeping since apparently they don't do this unless you ask them. I had never stayed in a hotel where you don't get maid service without asking! We did not receive the service any of the days we stayed despite my going to the front desk each day, receiving a profuse apology, being confirmed yet again I was on the list and yet again the next day being passed by. We had to request towels every day, toilet paper, trash removal. I can live with making my own bed and the sheets not being changed but I paid $100/night for this? Also, you'd better bring utensils and paper plates and such because while they have a dishwasher, you get about four glasses but no dishware. There is no DVD in the bedroom or living room (I stayed in the 1 bedroom) and it reaked of smoke despite requesting a non-smoking room. The breakfast was average but did the trick.There was also dog poop at the end of the hall and we felt compelled to tell the clerk that it was not our dogs since they are completely potty trained and if it had been, we are diligent about cleaning up after them. I doubt that message had been passed along. All in all quite disappointed.

Room Tip: I'd suggest the 1 bedroom suite since it's not terribly big itself depending on your needs a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

The MainStay Suites is a pet friendly hotel and we love when our guests bring their furry four-legged friends, and I am appreciative that you elected us based on customer reviews and that we fit your pet friendly needs. The MainStay Suites is an extended stay hotel and we have found that our guest appreciate having service once a week providing them peace and quiet and the option when to have their Housekeeping. We understand that housekeeping service is important and that is why we ask all of our guests at check-in if they would like for us to provide them daily housekeeping service in order to make sure their housekeeping needs are being met during their stay. I am so sorry that we failed to provide this service to you during your stay, and I will personally make an effort to reiterate to my team why it is so important to review the Housekeeping with each guest and follow through with their request. We understand our guest deserve “Value” for their dollar spent and that is why your response is very important to me.

I love your idea about the DVD players, and hopefully in the future that might be an amenity we are able to offer our guest. However, until then if a guest was to bring a DVD or gaming device our 32” flat screen televisions are compatible with most brands. Our all suites hotel does offer fully equipped kitchens with dishes, cookware, and utensils and if you were to need more during your stay please do not hesitate to let one of our friendly team members know so we can make sure your needs are being met during your stay.

Our number one goal at MainStay Suites is to ensure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and I apologize that you feel the MainStay Suites fell below your expectations. I am a big believer in second chances and if you are back in the area I would love to have a second chance to show you who the true MainStay Suites is. Please feel free to reach out to the General Manager Directly. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
#10 of 15 in Alcoa
Luxbury Inn & Suites
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville

Been to MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!