“Very adequate and close to airport”

MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Alcoa
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Very adequate and close to airport”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We only spent one night at the MainStay Suites, but found it to be very adequate. We did not utilize the shuttle, but did enjoy their morning breakfast. The place was quiet and comfortable. We wouild probably stay here again if need be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. We understand how important it is to find a hotel that you feel comfortable staying at and that is why the team puts forth an effort to create an environment that is clean, comfortable and embodies the feeling of “HOME”. The Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet is one of our many great amenities that we offer here at the MainStay Suites. I am so glad you enjoyed the wide variety of breakfast items on our breakfast buffet from the scrambled eggs and Bacon/ and or Sausage to the side of biscuits and gravy. Shuttle service is another great amenity we offer. Being so close to the Airport we have found that our guest are very appreciative of our Complimentary Airport Shuttle, which is offered 24 hours a day. Thank you again for taking the time recognize the MainStay Suites of Alcoa. We look forward to the opportunity to service you and your guests in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nokomis
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really like Suites type hotels and was very pleased with our stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. Our room was real nice and we liked it but, they need to have more chairs for useing when you want to eat at the kitchen bar. You have only one chair in the whole room which is a desk chair. We have now reallized that we get a king room instead of 2 doubles, then you get a couch, outher wise your wife has to sit on the bed. This hotel is in a nice area with nice landscape and close to a Walmart to be able to pick up dinner in the deli. If we had a chance to stay again, we would.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The team is real pleased that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Our all Suites Hotel is a hidden gem in the Alcoa area. Inside our suites you will find Fully Equipped-Kitchens with granite counter tops, 2 Cook-Top Burners, Microwave, Dishwasher, Kitchen Sink with Garbage Disposal and much more. Our guests find this very attractive when traveling. I understand the first room type you had was our Handicap suite, which is one of our smaller suites; however, the next time you are in please feel free to ask for a Non-Smoking Double Suite, which is a spacious room with two Double Beds and a Sleeper-Sofa and two ergonomic chairs at the island/ workstation for multiple guests to use. This room type sounds like the perfect fit for your needs. The MainStay Suites is centrally located with 3 Restaurants within walking distance and several grocery stores and gas stations within 1-2 miles of the hotel. We look forward to you coming back. Thank you again for your time and consideration. We appreciate your feedback.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed a couple of times at the Mainstay on Merchants in Knoxville. I have to say that they have NOTHING on the Mainstay in Alcoa.

I happened to be in a pinch and was trying to decide whether or not I should stay at the Hilton or Mainstay. I happened to see a woman who has been very kind (Traci) to me in assisting me in the past. Being right by the airport is generally more important to me than being around and about in the Knoxville area! I was pleased when she informed me that she would assist me.

We quickly booked two nights through CHOICE so that my stay would be recorded properly.

I needed quite to continue to do my work. In the evening, I was greated by a warm meal made and provided for Tracy.

Even later, I was greeted by a lovely woman who I am assuming is the night manager. I could not believe how friendly she was.

This morning, I learned that Traci was given an award for helping out our Countrys heros. I even learned that she used her own funds to make sure one special family had a Christmas! UNBELIEVABLE!

There is a conspiracy of KINDNESS that runs rampid here. It reminds me of my familys values.

Because of the support of the friends I have made here, I have decided to move to Knoxville, TN. When family comes to visit me here, they will stay at this hotel.

Thanks CHOICE, for another great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your pleasant MainStay Suites experience on Trip Advisor. Your Trip Advisor statement defines the heart of MainStay Suites- The Staff. The MainStay Suites culture is cultivated by each individual team member. Each team member plays an important role from our Director of Sales, Traci to our Housekeeping Staff to our Guest Service Agents. The MainStay Suites main goal is to ensure that our guests are always our #1 priority and that is why it is so important that our guests needs are being met during their stay. We want each of our guest to feel the warmth and kindness that MainStay Suites has to offer from our wonderful team to our great amenities. We would like to be the first to welcome you to the area, and if you ever need hotel accommodations please feel free to come back and hang your hat at your home away from home.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Courteous staff at check in. Lobby was bright and clean as were the hallways. Recently remodeled and the new carpet makes you feel good about staying there as you walk to your room. I had a king suite and was surprised by the size of the room and the work area. The room even had TWO office chairs, though I only needed one. The room was clean, very clean and enjoyable. Unfortunately I was only staying in the area for one night, but I will most definitely stay here the next time I am in Alcoa/Maryville, TN.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
The Mainstay Suites Team would like to take a moment to say thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled you had a friendly welcome and enjoyed your clean & comfortable room. Your title, “Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer” says it all in 6 simple words. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to provide you hotel accommodations while visiting the Maryville/ Alcoa, TN area. We look forward to your return.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Customer Service was excellent. Never have to wait on the great service. Rooms are huge and clean. Breakfast served everyday. No cheap food served. Coffee 24 hours a day. Any accessories you need, they have. Pet friendly. My dog loves this place and is always greeted by employees. Parking was available. Close to the airport and the shopping districts. Tracy and the staff was excellent. She gave my company a great deal and followed up with everything she said she would do. Becky and Lisa and Ashley are always very friendly and upbeat. Internet access is available FREE. Kids love the pool and the beautiful pond with fish. They even let my daughter feed the fish. Top restaurants located within walking distance. Wouldn't say anywhere else. Stayed from September until December. Loved it!

Room Tip: Top Floor is best. Rooms are all comfortable for families.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience at the MainStay Suites on Trip Advisor. Customer Service is always #1 to the MainStay Suites Team, and I am pleased that not only did you receive excellent service, but your little furry friend did too. Our spacious clean suites are perfect for leisure and corporate guests and you can’t beat our competitive Corporate Rates because we understand how important it is to meet the needs of our clients including their budgets. Our Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffett, Free WI-FI, 24 Hour Fitness Center and 24 Hour Business Center are just a few of the great extras you get to enjoy during your stay without having to pay anything extra. MainStay Suites has everything you need for your hotel accommodations. We look forward to you coming back again!
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found this hotel just by chance and were very glad we did. We only needed one night as we were travelling on to Pigeon Forge from Nashville. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the receptionist, Becky, was very helpful with where to eat and onward travel. Although the breakfast wasn't brilliant it was edible and helped us on our way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the MainStay Suites on your way up to Pigeon Forge. The MainStay Suites is the perfect fit for those wanting to travel to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg to enjoy the mountain scenery while dining in the nicest restaurants and shopping at the best antique & specialty boutiques. The MainStay Suites team takes pride in our Clean and Comfortable rooms, and I am pleased that Becky was very helpful and assisted you with your needs. Breakfast is one of the most important amenities to our guests, and I have taken it upon myself to review our Breakfast quality so we can exceed your expectations the next time you come to visit. We are trying a few new items to see if we can provide a greater selection that leaves a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again on your way back home from the mountains.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here 6/26 - 7/24. The staff was friendly and made my stay very comfortable. I never felt unwelcomed. Working away from home is hard and at times lonely but i knew when i went down stairs for breakfast i would be greeted with smiles and conversation. Lisa and ashley did a great job. The dinners were great too. One of the ladys even brought fresh vegetables from her own garden to serve with dinner. Nice touch you guys are the best and would recommend this hotel to anyone. They would not be disappointed. Thanks again to teagan and the entire staff.

• Stayed July 2012
General M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
The MainStay Suites is designed for guests that stay anywhere from one night to every night for a whole year. Being away from home is challenging and at the MainStay we understand how important it is to not only provide a place for our guests to lay their heads, but to create an atmosphere that is inviting and warm. The MainStay Suites team truly enjoys having friendly conversations with our guests so we have a better understanding of our guests’ needs and can make them feel at home. The Breakfast Team also adds a new element of Hospitality to our daily Hot Breakfast Buffet by offering hot brewed coffee served with sausage, biscuits and gravy and topped off with a smile and conversation to start your day off in a positive way. Our team cares about our guests and will go the extra mile to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience and a comfortable stay at the MainStay Suites. I would like to personally thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with other potential guests. We enjoyed having you at the hotel and look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Maryville
Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa
Hilton Knoxville Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport? Share your experiences!