“Pleasant trip.”

Bell Witch Cave and Cabin
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We went for a trip to tour the Cave and I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews. We were pleasantly surprised! The cave tour is pretty short as you would have to walk in rather deep water and mud to go further. The guide, Chris, was great and very informative. Worth a trip if your local.

3  Thank Christy B
There are newer reviews for Bell Witch Cave and Cabin

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Skip the cabin. It is a replica and you are walked around by the rather laconic son-in-law of the owners whose job is to turn on and off a pre-recorded tour. Plus, you cannot take pictures of the set-up inside; as a photographer, there were a couple of spots that would have made for a nice portrait shot of my family.

Fortunately, the cave was interesting and the owner, Chris, was an energetic guide. I would definitely advise going to see the cave. Be warned, however, that if you are not steady on your feet, this is not a tour for you.

3  Thank SARicher
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Decided to try this out as one of the many adventures my friend and I take. I left a ballgame early just to try to make it in time to see the cabin. When we got there the man that was telling us about it rudely informed us that we could not take our cameras in the cabin, but never mentioned that we could put them in the car and still have time for the tour. We headed down to the cave to catch up with a group that was on thier way in. The cave is interesting as far as caves go. And for some odd reason my camera would not work when I first got in there. (And that was before the guide said that seemed to happen to people a lot). I was not impressed at all with the set up, attitudes, and cost of the visit. I would not drive that far again to do it. And not pay that much money. I would not really suggest this as a must see for the area.

7  Thank coxthatrox
Reviewed November 10, 2013

drove up there for Halloween by the time we got there the cabin was getting ready to start it's last tour... the gentleman that waited on us was a little standoffish & rude sternly told me I could not take my camera in the cabin even if it was turned off... so we did not do the cabin tour ...only after we paid for him to say "I would of given you time to take it to your car" :0.... the cave tour was nice & the guide was very informative of the history fact or fiction surrounding the cave & site.. the cabin is a reproduction... there are tables there to sit down, snack & that night had a nice barrel fire going... ambiance was nice... was going to do the haunted hayride till found out how much they charged for a 15 min hayride that basically goes nowhere / the guy selling the tickets :( over all was disappointed that I drove over 1 hr for a cave tour ... few decorations but not much... with the rep that the Bell witch has I figured there would be more to this.. not worth the time or money

4  Thank Peggy H
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our tour was led by a 10 year old (Granddaughter?)! Got nothing out of the cabin tour AT ALL. The little girl pushed play for the DVD and then just looked throughly bored to be there. Our tour group was only nice because of her age. She gave no answers to any questions, just nonchalantly would try to make up an answer.
The cave tour was by the owners daughter. Horrible! We got no history and no stories, other than they found "some indian on some bluff and buried her there." What does that have to do with anything!?! I think I would have rather had the grumpy old man.

All in all, not worth it. It's not the Bell property, no real artifacts (other than a pot the 10 year old told us they didn't use much), and our tour group knew the history better. Very sad.

4  Thank tnldy2013