“Absolutely Terrific” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Aberdeen East

Super 8 Aberdeen East
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel 2-3 days per week and must say this was the worst hotel stay ever. Made reservations for 4 rooms for 3 nights a week in advance. Called and talked to the front desk 6 days in advance to confirm that things were all set and still did not get the rooms I requested when we checked in. Half the keys didn't work in the doors....TVs in several rooms didn't work....one morning woke up to a backed up sewer in the hallway. I won't be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank S C
Brenda H, General Manager at Super 8 Aberdeen East, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear S C,
Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory visit to Super 8 in September. I would like to discuss the details of your visit and have a chance to personally apologize to you. Please call me at 605-229-5005 between 9AM and 5PM. If you cannot reach me because I am at a meeting, etc., please ask to leave a message on my voicemail. Mention your name, contact information, and this email.

Best Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Standard Super 8, but better kept-up/cleaner than most all others, inside and out. As this is Aberdeen, where Super 8 is headquartered, this is probably a company-owned hotel and held to higher standards.
Even the front desk employees are better attired than I have seen at any other Super 8, and the lobby is nicer.

For whatever reason, all motels are priced higher than they should be for a town of this modest size. I paid $65.00 for a single here at the Super 8 east Aberdeen in late September, but all other decent motels in town are over $100 nite. Motels are priced higher here than in Sioux Falls.

Air conditioner in room is an old Frigidaire, but works fine. This is a three story Super 8, but like most all Super 8s has no elevator.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 East in Aberdeen SD this past September. We frequently evaluate our services because we want every guest to have a wonderful experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you appreciated about our hotel!

Best Regards,