“Bad Experience”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the motel for the USATF Region 8 Championships last week. I was very disappointed in the hotel from a cleanliness, service and value standpoint. Typically people say you get what you pay for but in this case for $100+ a night, I got nothing but grieve. My room along with the other rooms for our families were not clean. The bathroom was dirty with hair in the sink and tub with a mildew stain around the tub. I had 4 people in my room (registered), why did I have to go back to the main desk everyday for additional towels. Dead bugs in the dress drawers so we lived out of the suitcase. Our beds weren't changed or made until my wife went to the front desk twice. The garbage wasn't removed from the room so we had to clean up. I had my air conditioner changed out 2 days in a row for not working. I went to the SuperWalmart to get bath cleaner to clean the tub for my family along with other rooms for our athletes. For a small city where 1500-2000 people were visiting for the track meet, I was very disappointed with the service at the hotel along with the city restaurants and stores. This meet brought a lot of revenue to the city. My team along with a lot of other teams from different states were very upset with the accomodations (Super 8, Ramada, WhiteHouse Inn, Hampton Inn). I voiced my feelings to the Hotel manager along with one of the Dakota's USATF representatives. The Region 8 meet rotates between Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and Dakotas with this being the Dakotas first time holding the event. I've been to all 5 state venues and these city accomodations were by far the worse. I will not be back to Aberdeen SD ever again. I'll skip the meet the next go around which includes my club also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brenda H, General Manager at Super 8 Aberdeen East, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I am truly sorry for the experience that you had at our hotel during the USATF Championships as we obviously did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the problems with the maintenance and housekeeping departments to prevent these problems from happening again. Because of the extremely busy weekend, I was at this property most of the time. Had I been notified of these problems during your stay, we would have corrected them as soon as possible to provide you with a quality stay. I am also sorry that the city of Aberdeen and other hotel accommodations did not meet your expectations during the USATF. Again, I would like to apologize for this situation and would like to assure everyone that the problems you encountered were an exception.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aberdeen
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I held my daughter's 12th birthday here. The pool was great and has a large area for the adults to gather and relax to visit. I thought the staff was very polite. The maids the next morning were offering to hold doors open for us as we hauled our luggage out, which I felt went above and beyond the call of duty and this was GREATLY appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sioux Falls
Reviewed June 17, 2013

the room is too small for a wheelchair. otherwise the bathroom and the customer service was good. also it would of been nice to be told it was $10. PER DOG INSTEAD OF WHEN WE GOT THERE. I GOT TOLD IT WAS $10.FOR ALL 3 OF MY DOGS OVER THE PHONE and when i got there it ended up as $30 .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family