Best Western Ramkota Hotel
$64
$73
$125
TripAdvisor
My Place Hotel-Aberdeen, SD(Aberdeen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel restaurantpoolside roomcontinental breakfastthe staff was greatfamily reunionspacious roomgreat restaurantwould stay here againattached restauranthotel staffboth morningsup to datevery nice staysouth dakotastayed one nightparking lotthe breakfast area
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My family and another family had a double birthday party for our kids. Very good experience. Had poolside rooms. I had asked for the rooms to be beside eachother because of the party, and they were, which I was happy about. Overall very good experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Mandi Jo B.,

Thank-you for taking the time to post an online review of our property. We couldn't be happier that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy our facility! We believe we're the perfect location for a pool party any time of year. With conveniently located poolside rooms, easy access and an indoor water play-land it's easy to see why so many families write rave reviews about our pool and their experiences

Randy J. Grismer

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a wonderful time here. We stayed on Thanksgiving. Jody M. was wonderful to us and the guy at the front desk who checked us in was more then helpful and the maintenance man who was so kind to bring us a frig and microwave. We had two rooms and everyone had a wonderful time. The kids loved swimming, the rooms were good. Couldn't have asked for a better time. Thank you so much! Would stay again no problem. Cindy K.

Room Tip: We had the pool side rooms so of course they were noisy but if that is what you go there for then it is fine. Kids love it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy K

Dear Cindy K,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I was exceptionally pleased that your time in Aberdeen over the Thanksgiving Holiday went so well. Jodi is an incredible asset to our team and I will of course share your high praise with her. We hope that you have the opportunity to return very soon and thank-you for your review and your patronage.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed three days for an on-site conference. I was pleased in every aspect of my stay, from the room cleanliness to the friendly staff. I will stay here again on my next trip to Aberdeen and I and would also recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Robert H.,

I am so very pleased that you visited us for a conference and found our staff, services, and guest rooms exceeded your expectations. We strive daily to ensure each guest receives the best possible care and I'm glad we were able to do so for you. Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in the near future!

Randy Grismer, G.M.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We need to stay in Aberdeen for a family funeral. The bath room had hair in tub the enamel was peeling off. There was supposed to be a micro/fridge in room, not there. Breakfast included did not get. WIFI worked only in the middle of night for 15 min . Would not stay there again even though I am a rewards member.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Myron C.

Thank-you for taking the time to write a trip advisor posting. We greatly appreciate your business and your Best Western Rewards membership. I was disappointed about the lack of cleanliness you indicated you encountered. I will most certainly visit with our housekeeping and engineering team to rectify any errors. I am pleased to let you know that we are currently working a major guest bathroom remodel.

I also deeply regret that your room did not come with a refrigerator and microwave or complimentary breakfast. We have been adding microwaves and refrigerators to each of our rooms over the past months and have several dozen available upon request so I was disheartened that it appears you made a request which was not honored. With regards to breakfast we do not offer a complimentary breakfast as we have a fantastic Award Wining restaurant on site. We do offer a breakfast inclusive rate, however it appears that you opted to choose the deeply discounted Funeral rate which we provide as an added service for those guests who face unexpected travel due to a death.

We very much appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience and welcome the opportunity to make things right.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our corporate travel folks put our team here for a week. The room was dark, even with decent light bulbs in the lamps. It overlooked the indoor pool. The room was decently large and clean. I requested a refrigerator and it was delivered quickly. Meeting facilities were good but we got moved to a lesser room for our last meeting. I ate at the restaurant my last night there and ordered the Elk Chop. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be ground elk. An elk chop is not the same as an elk burger. My waitress did not understand why I was complaining so I asked to speak to the manager. He came to my table and had an attitude. I explained the problem and he intimidated it was my problem for not understanding that chop meant ground. Instead of comping my entrée he comped my glass of wine. Not good customer service.

The last time I stayed in Aberdeen I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was great with better rooms, better meeting rooms, and a great restaurant in Mavericks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Wholehogbrew,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad you found the room appropriately sized, clean and well maintained, I appreciate your sharing your experience regarding the lighting. Our interior guest rooms have a minimum of 3 lighting sources in each room and we are currently working on plans to further improve this with updated lighting solutions. I was saddened to hear of your experience in Minerva's restaurant. While the restaurant is independently operated it is nevertheless disheartening to have an unsatisfied guest when so many of our guests rave about their experiences in the restaurant. I have shared your comments with the restaurant team as well and will review the listing of the menu item and it's description in an effort to prevent any future similar occurrences. Thank-you again for your patronage.