“Excelent Service”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Best Western was extremely helpful with our accommodations and needs. They went above and beyond their duties taking care of our business trip and last minute changes. The reservations staff and the meeting room staff didn't hesitate at all when we needed to change times or arrived late.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Bridget H.,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am delighted that you found our reservations, sales and event team exceptionally helpful. As a leader in Aberdeen for wedding, meeting and convention space with seating for over a thousand it's always great to hear from our event attendees and organizers regarding their experience. We're so very grateful for your business and look forward to your return!

Randy J. Grismer

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hot tub was cold and the bathroom door in our room was warped so had to leave open after getting stuck! Very dangerous if a small child would have used!! Strange odor in hallway but could have been guest rooms across the hall??

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shannon E.,

Thank-you so very much for staying with us. We deeply regret that our whirlpool heater was on the fritz during your stay. Our engineering staff worked tirelessly for several days in an effort to keep the Whirlpool functioning for all our guests as we awaited parts to be shipped from New York. We deeply regret that you were not fully able to enjoy our facility but are pleased to let you know that the repairs were made and the hot-tub is once again hot! I share your concerns regarding the safety of each guest and I have also asked our engineering team to repair or replace the bathroom door you made mention of. Thank-you again for your vist and for taking the time to share your comments.

Randy Grismer,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After staying at the Ramada across town the past 3 years, we needed more room and bigger beds, so we reserved our 3 night stay all for the Ramkota. Glad we did, as it was much more roomy and accomodating for our group. The breakfast was fresh and warm, although not very quick, but we got it fairly reasonable with the breakfast coupons from the front desk. The hotel is super close to the fair location which was why were there. The bar/lounge food was spectacular, will be eating there again for sure! Hotel was very quiet and large, so plenty of room no matter the occasion. Beds as always are so comfy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Kari L,

Thank-you for staying with us during the Brown County Fair. When it relates to family fun at either Wylie Park or the great activities during the Brown County Fair, Stock Car Racing, Horse Racing or Hockey we have the IDEAL location. I'm glad you found the room comfy and clean and had a chance to enjoy the restaurant and I'm so glad you'll be returning soon.

Sincerest Regards,

Randy J Grismer

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Because I travel with presentation equipment and handouts, my luggage can be heavy. Arriving at this hotel to find that I have to get that luggage up to the second floor via the stairs, since there is no elevator, was not a great experience. Next I decided to return to the lobby, where there was a computer at which I could check in for my flight the next day, and print my boarding pass. The computer is so slow, and it kept getting hung up, so I wasted 30 minutes and never accompished that task. The room was just average. On the other hand, the on site restruant, Minerva's, is excellant.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Karen M,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to hear of your trouble with our lobby computer, and will definitely have it checked immediately. I'm not certain if you were made aware that there is also a bank of 3 work stations with printers near our convention center for guest use as well. When coupled with our free wireless internet service throughout the building we have few difficulties like those you encountered so I was disappointed we weren't able to fulfill your needs.

It is also true that we don't currently have an elevator, and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused. I'm not sure how often you travel but it may be helpful to know that in South Dakota many 2 story hotels were constructed without elevators as they are not required by building code. Of course as we continually work to improve our property, the ease and convenience of our guests in accessing their rooms remains a high priority.

With 154 rooms and suites we proudly offer 77 ground floor rooms with 7 public entrances. Amazingly enough of the 77 ground floor rooms, 19 have personal exterior entrances as well, additionally, two are handicap accessible and two have whirlpool tubs. When coupled with our fantastic restaurant, meeting and event space which you mentioned and our spacious guest rooms we believe we are an excellent choice for business travelers and hope the lack of an elevator would not dissuade you from using us again.

Thank-you again for visiting and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Randy Grismer

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It just What I said " Best Western Is the Best for service and Staff and great Food and great Smile" so I am happy with Best western and that the place for me and for me and business stays and family stays. Lou Michaels " The Photo Guy" " I Cover All The Angles'

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Listing Owner,

Thank you for taking the time to write a management response on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, we cannot publish your response because it does not meet the following guideline(s):

*Respectful of Personal Privacy
No speculation as to the identity of the reviewer. Personal information of any person, including names, addresses, phone numbers or other information that may be used to identify an individual is prohibited.

Please consider resubmitting a response which meets our posting criteria using the management response form on our site.

Please let us know if you have further concerns.

Best regards,

Location: Aberdeen
Title: Owner response
ID#: 172103891

Dear Photoguy:

Thank-you so much for your recent visit, and your kind words. Our staff works exceptionally hard every day to ensure all our guests receive the best possible service and it's always rewarding to hear when we have met the goals we set. We look forward to your safe and speedy return.

Best Regards,

Randy J. Grismer

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently we had the pleasant and memorable opportunity of staying at the BW Ramkota in Aberdeen SD -- staff was very courteous, helpful, prompt, kind, and very busy -- perhaps understaffed, but very efficient. The accommodations were clean and cheerful, tastefully decorated, and gave that "homelike" feeling. It was quiet and comfortable. Keep up the good work -- and kudos to GM Randy (do I remember correctly?) and those in charge. Thanks! k

Room Tip: Give all pertinent/special needs information to staff upon requesting info and reservation(s).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Kay G,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to complete an on-line review of our hotel. We're always grateful to hear from our guests. I was especially pleased that your experience was everything we hope it to be for each of our guests. We work very hard to exceed our guests expectations every time! It was a great pleasure having you as a guest, we look forward to your quick return!

Randy Grismer

Reviewed August 8, 2013

There is no elevator so if you are handicap or have a stroller make sure you mention this when making reservations. I did not and was put on the second floor and then the staff made me feel like I was the silly one for not mentioning I'd have a stroller when I made the reservation. No handicap accessible doors anywhere in the hotel either. My room smelled like a casino. It may be smoke free now, but it doesn't appear anything has been done to get rid of the stench, including the bed still smelled. Pillows are also horrible so bring your own if you still select this hotel.

Dear Tera M,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to complete an online review. I want to begin by apologizing for any discomfort or discontent. We have been a smoke free hotel for many years. We have no smoking disclaimers and steep penalties for guests who violate the policy and strict cleaning procedures for how we clean a room which smells like it had been smoked in. I'm disheartened with all of that in place you encountered this problem and will work with you to make it right. It is true we don't have an elevator so those with special needs or mobility issues as well as those with small children are well suited to the main floor. This is also much more convenient for speed of access to the front desk, restaurant and our indoor water play-land.
Thank-you again for taking the time to share your comments.

Best Regards,