“Tons of unmonitored kids in the pool”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
SD
“Tons of unmonitored kids in the pool”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This its the second time my family has stayed at this hotel. Both times the pool was very crowded. There are many poolside rooms and several birthday parties going on in the pool area. There are many unmonitored kids as the adults are in the rooms or visiting in groups amongst themselves. Always kids roughhousing on the lily pad area inn the pool. We choose this hotel because of the kids play area at the pool but both times my child got hurt by other kids because of the chaos. It would be nice if the hotel would either limit the number of children parties they allow or have a staff person monitor the pool area.

• Stayed February 2013
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We certainly will continue to monitor the pool situation and see if we can come up with a way to take care of the problem. I certainly apologize that your children may have been hurt while trying to play on the lilly pads. Please accept my apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miller, South Dakota
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Enjoyed the stay at the Ramkota Aberdeen. Staff was very accomodating, rooms were OK for the price. Only drawback was the location was a bit away from major shopping and other attractions in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms with walkout to the pool area was great for the kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again when your back in the area. Have a great New Year.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Aberdeen ramkota good as always. Rooms incredibly clean, staff helpful, restaurant and bar very good. Will stay there again . We were on a Christmas shopping spree, and it was the best place to go. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the positive review. We take great pride in taking care of our guest and I will pass the kind words onto the staff. Enjoy your holiday season.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were on a hunting trip so had our Lab with us..Lots of hunters so it was nice. Very good breakfast. Nice beds. The people were really nice, too. We've come back here for years and will continue to come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thanks for the kind words and your patronage. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next year. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season. Thanks again.
Pleasanton, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were traveling from n.d. to texas and we loved this motel. The beds were so plush I just feel right asleep and slept better then at my house. The rooms were very clean and spacious. they accomodated our little puppy with out paying a ridiculious price. Fido was also comfi, you could tell the carpets were nice and clean cause the dog wasn't running around sniffing from other dogs marking like in other motels. We had supper at the restaurant/lounge and it was soooo good, a little spendy but as long as the food is good, its worth putting out a little more change. I do not understand the other not so good reviews?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you will stay with us again if you in the area. Have a great day.
sioux falls, sd
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I checked in here after staying at a competitor chain for the previous two weeks. I have had good experiences at two other hotels of the same name in the past.

For the price, this was not the stay I expected. The first night everything went as expected. Room was very nice and clean upon check in. I ordered room service and food was cooked perfectly to order and brought to room in the time frame they said it would.

The second night I returned to my room at 7:00 p.m. to find that my bed was as I left it in the morning and the previous nights room service dishes were still on the desk. the bathroom had been cleaned and towels replaced. I had not left anything on the bed to discourage cleaning.

Later that night I ordered room service and was told it would be 15 to 20 minutes for my pizza. %4 minutes later I called room service to check on my order and it had been overlooked.

Will go back to the Ramada tomorrow night!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. I want you to know we are taking your comments seriously and are looking into the break downs on our end. We certainly strive to make every ones stay a memorable event, as you put it, we failed. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. We will continue to work on getting them fixed.