“very nice stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Show Me State
“very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We booked a room for two nights when visiting family. We were pleased to stay in a very roomy, comfortable and clean room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again when in Aberdeen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review. We strive to make every ones stay as satisfying as yours. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our family stayed the weekend in a family suite. We had an excellent service from check in to check out. We utilized the pool & restaurant in the motel. The pool was smaller, but perfect for our kids ages - 6 and under. We visit Wylie Park & the Aquatic Center & had a great weekend in Aberdeen. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate the business and hope if your ever in Aberdeen again you will give us another chance to serve you. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Lisbon, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Our family booked the hotel after they showed updated photos online. Our room was rust colored and velour bedding. The sink sprayed everywhere when you turned it on and the tub faucet leaked. The pack n play cribs they brought (we have twins) were so filthy with unknown brown and green crusty stuff that our children had to sleep in bed with us on top of the bedding. The hot tub smelled so bad that the kids next to us called it a cess pool. We smelled so bad after the hot tub we had to put suits in trunk of car for trip home. All other ramkotas have been great. This one horrible! Could have slept in the car.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and telling us about your stay. I am utterly embarrassed about the condition you found our hotel in. Your review will be the first topic of discussion at our weekly managers meeting. We will get these problems taken care of. Thanks again for the feedback and I hope you have a great summer.
Bismarck
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had a one night stay in a family suite. It was graduation weekend for the local university, so the hotel was obviously very busy. I mention this only because I feel like I am giving the hotel and staff somewhat of a break because of this fact.

Check in was a little rocky. We arrived earlier than expected, but thought we'd see if room was available around 11:30am. It was not (totally understandable). The friendly front desk staff said they would talk to housekeeping staff to get our room cleaned soon. Fine. We went to check out the local mall for a couple hours. Came back at 2:30pm (Check in time is listed on the website as 2pm) Room is still not ready. Okay. Front desk staff calls housekeeping again, this time involving the manager as well. Went across the street to ShopKo. Came back again at 3:30, this time the room is ready.

Room- (236)
Family suite was spacious (One king, one queen, one pull out bed in couch). Has fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. For the price paid I was satisfied with the room. My only concerns/complaints are that the bathroom is small. It has an old-school (seriously not sure what decade that thing was put in) whirlpool tub, which also functions as the only shower in the room. If you have ANY trouble stepping into a deep tub, this is not the room for you. The kids had a blast taking a bath in it though, so what may be a serious CON for some was a PRO for us. My other isssue with the room was that the air conditioning unit had obviously "froze up" because the carpet around it was SOAKED. Their solution was to put a fan in front of it. Was this the end of the world? No. Did I enjoy finding out about this little issue by first getting my socks soaked? No. Otherwise, room was fine.

Pool Area-
We booked this particular hotel because of the pool/playland area for kids. This is where I feel like I am trying to keep an open mind about the place because of how busy they were. The pool and pool area were not clean. Saturday afternoon/evening was okay. I can look past some food, wet towels, and general chaos. At one point, I witnessed a staff member with a bucket (with what was presumably bleach) just dump a random amount in the hot tub and walk away. My mother tried to sit in there later in the evening and had to get out because the smell of bleach was so overpowering when the jets were turned on. Sunday morning, we were there as the pool opened at 8 am and it was pretty terrible. Lots of random stuff floating in the water. My sister and brother in law were only in the hot tub for a couple of seconds because once they started the jets it smelled like vomit. Seriously, I am not making this up. Needless to say, we spent very little time at the pool area that morning.

Overall, I'm not sure I will stay here again. I wouldn't say never, just because I am usually willing to give most places a second chance.However, there are many other options in town, in the same price range. I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a couples or quiet getaway, as it is the type of place that caters more to a family with kids. The pool (although questionable in it's cleanliness) is made for kids. There is no adult or quiet area.

Room Tip: The family suite was very spacious. Plenty of room for adults with kids.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and filling out the review. I do apologize for the wait to get into your room. With it being a busy weekend we ended up being stretched a little thiner than we wanted to. I did talk with our maintenance engineer about the pool and we did have a filter problem over that weekend. I am sorry it put a damper on your stay. I want to thank you for staying with us and I hope if your ever in town again you will consider our hotel. I hope you have a great summer.
Minneapolis Mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here March 22, 2012 and were very comfortable. The lobby is well decorated, and our room was large and clean. The bathroom has lots of counter space which is handy for things like putting on make-up. Front desk people were friendly and efficient. The only downside was the entry from the parking lot (door 3) which was very worn and not very clean. If we had gone in there first it would not have made a good impression.
We went to the restaurant (Minerva's) about 4:30 p.m. and had the place to ourselves. The food and service were both excellent and the decor is subdued and elegant.
We also had breakfast there the next day. Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but it is nice to have a breakfast made to order and served hot. Restaurant charges can be paid on the room account.
If you are new to Aberdeen, beware the Ramkota-Ramada problem. The Ramada Inn is on the east side of town and the Ramkota Best Western is on the northwest. Confusion is frequent, and both hotels frequently must explain to guests who have the wrong hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. If you are ever traveling in our area again, we would love to be your host for the evening. Have a great spring.
Mobridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed for two nights, and stayed in a different room each night. Pros: When we arrived the front desk manager was extremely kind and helpful.He seemed genuinely concerned that our stay was a good one. The facility was clean (mostly) and the room was comfortable. Cons: The pool was closed, but I do understand that it was for maintenence which needs to be done from time to time. It was just a shame it happened while we stayed. We were there for a hospital stay, so were sleeping in our room mid-afternoon, and a maintenece worker walked right in on us! The showerhead in our first room had poor water pressure and it leaked. The second room we stayed in had ants! (In January!) Overall I was glad we got the hospital rate. It would not have been worth the money if we had paid full-price. We have stayed at Ramkotas in the past and have always had a good experience. This one was just not up to the same standard as the rest.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and filling out the response. We did call the exterminator on the ants, doesn't seem right in January. I do apologize for the maintenance on the pool, your right in saying it has to be done, unfortunatly there is never a good time. We will get the maintenance man not knocking taken care of. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope if your ever in the area again you will give us another chance to serve you.
Lincoln, NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stopped late at night for a one-night stay - received a terrific price on the room with a call directly to the front desk and a free upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi tub. There is no free breakfast buffet, but a restaurant in the hotel with a good local reputation. We slept in and didn't eat at the hotel or use any of their other facilities. Do be sure to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door - housekeeping came knocking at 8 AM. Convenient location - friendly staff - clean rooms - positive experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bwgmAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for you kind words. We appreciate your business and hope if you are ever in the area again you will choose our facility again. Thanks again.