“Consistently Good”

Palm Garden Cafe & Chocolate Shoppe & Burckhard Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Palm Garden has a nice menu with many items to choose from and they are all good. Service is good but the servers are not always the friendliest. An occasional smile would be nice to see - but the quality of the food makes up for that.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

A nice surprise eating here; most restaurants in Aberdeen are the standard beef/potatoes/sports bar food. This place really tries hard to bring some lighter fare to Aberdeen. The sandwiches, soups, and sides are all great. Nice atmosphere, and grab some chocolate on the way out.

A nice change of pace for a town this size.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were interested in trying the Palm Garden based on TripAdvisor reviews...and when it turned out to be within a couple of blocks of the WONDERFUL White House Inn, we stopped for lunch. My wife had grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup, with panini's (sp?) for myself and sister. I honestly can't recall what Baby-J wolfed down, but it must have been good. Two sides were garlic mashed potatoes while sis had sweet potato fries. The mash was 7 of 10, the sweet potato fries 8 of 10. The panini's were 9 of 10, (I had the asparagus ham and cheese)...my sister tuna salad.

Price? ehh. A "tad" higher than I'd have expected...but certainly no more than a dollar or two. They had a "high end" display of gourmet chocolates that I discovered come from someplace in Minnesota, (not local). A small gift shop was also at the front.

All in all, a nice stop for a good meal!

The place is fairly small, so crowded, but the seating and service were swift.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I get up to Aberdeen about once a year for work. I found this place about a year ago & tried it after reading some positive reviews. It is a strange combo. Chocolate Shoppe in front, restaurant in back, there is also outdoor seating. The inside "screams" a throw back era (50s?) tropical theme, in bright yellow (I kid you not) with dark brown wood. Kitch comes to mind. For August the weather, was mild & the AC was cranked up for much warmer weather, so we ate outside dining area. The outdoor seating area was more modern look. Plus it was warmer than inside! Also the restaurant is closer to a busy street, so it can a bit noisy (traffic wise) outside. But don't let the place fool you the food is good, prices are right and you can order dessert, but they have chocolate shoppe up front. Get the chocoloate! They serve sanwhiches, salads, soups and some entrees (which I have yet to try). I think the most expensive item I saw on the menu was about $15. I tried the devil egg salad sanwhich (which included avocado & spinnach greens) for under $9. The sanwhich was large size, toasted crispy w/ the devil egg salad taste. The avocado & spinnach, I suspect was to added to make it "slightly healthier." It came with a choice of sides, I opted with the sweet potatoes fries. I enjoyed my selection, both fries and sanwhich were very good. My co-worker tried the tuna salad sanwhich with chips & salsa for her side. She also enjoyed her dish under $10. We passed on dessert and made our selection of chocolates to take away from the shop section. Prices ranged .99 to $1.49 per chocolate. Service was good. I am not sure, but I think our waitress was handling the entire restaurant. That is seating people, taking orders, serving, taking chocolate orders and handling the cashier. If that is correct, then she did a great job, because they were no lag time between orders, service & check.